1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Not so special teams

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Poppa San, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    How many more weeks / seasons before we get decent consistent special teams? 2 fumbles for our designated kick returner? If this were preseason and he was looking for a job, he'd be gone. Our punter won a "very competitive" audition only to kick it 21 yards this week and line drive one to a really decent returner last week. Our coverage units give me jitters every time they line up. Out of the hundreds of kickers, receivers, DB's and RB's that leave college every year, certainly TT can find a returner that can hang on to the ball and punter that can deliver. I'm sure the arena leagues have players willing to try. Or maybe he did and our coaching staff doesn't know or recognize how to use them.

:icon_cool:

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Jordy did have 3 nice games prior to this...

But the whole ST stinks.

3. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Yeah I was impressed by Jordys returns before today... today looks more like last season (minus the fumbles...)

4. narmer2000

narmer2000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I dont get it..our ST has sucked for 5 years but apparently the coaching staff doesnt think so. Sean Slocum needs the boot now

5. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Yep, I've really come to the conclusion that when the players are consistently under performing for years, it's time to bring in a new face at that coaching position.