Not out of the woods just yet.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It will be nice to have both Quarles and Montgomery back, but I don't think its going to make a HUGE impact on our offense, but every little bit helps. Building on what they did Sunday, not getting complacent on the field or in the coaches room AND staying healthy is important now. I'm just glad that we have the 2 games that we have coming up to continue the improvement and not ones against Dallas and the Cardinals, yet.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that we can't look ahead, but mainly because we're still not playing great. But, since when is 4 of 7 a notable/good streak? Hell, the Packers have won 4 of their last 7 and we were ready to burn this place down. I think we've got some tough games on the back end of this schedule, but the Bears at home is not one of them. If we can't win that one, we're in serious trouble.

Did I drop back into the pre-Detroit thread? :)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that we can't look ahead, but mainly because we're still not playing great. But, since when is 4 of 7 a notable/good streak? Hell, the Packers have won 4 of their last 7 and we were ready to burn this place down. I think we've got some tough games on the back end of this schedule, but the Bears at home is not one of them. If we can't win that one, we're in serious trouble.

We couldn't beat a worse Lions team at home so we may be in serious trouble.

Sorry HE posted this before I saw your post.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb's very catch able drops.

Quite important. People tend to concentrate on Rodgers mis-throws, but Cobb missing that catch thrown straight at him was worrisome. There were also some instances when Davante Adams was not on same page as Rodgers.

Though with Lacy/Starks, we'll have a better balance and time for Rodgers to recover.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite important. People tend to concentrate on Rodgers mis-throws, but Cobb missing that catch thrown straight at him was worrisome. There were also some instances when Davante Adams was not on same page as Rodgers.

Though with Lacy/Starks, we'll have a better balance and time for Rodgers to recover.
It's hard to be tough on Rodgers for missing two bombs to Janis with a injured shoulder as some people have complained about. Those are low percentage throws for any QB, and that would have been a tight window that he had to fit it in without an over throw on the second.

He had a couple of bad throws otherwise, some miscommunication, drops, and quite a few plays where nobody was open. It seems like he's fighting some injury preventing him from running as much, though he could enough to extend some plays.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to be tough on Rodgers for missing two bombs to Janis with a injured shoulder as some people have complained about. Those are low percentage throws for any QB, and that would have been a tight window that he had to fit it in without an over throw on the second.

He had a couple of bad throws otherwise, some miscommunication, drops, and quite a few plays where nobody was open. It seems like he's fighting some injury preventing him from running as much, though he could enough to extend some plays.

Nah, My point was more on Cobb and his missed catch. It was straight at him and he still dropped it. Was wondering if he's fully fit now.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope Quarless comes back, but it takes a lot more to get medically cleared now than before. Either way Rodgers needs another weapon to throw to. When the recievers are covered he needs to be able to dump it off to a TE in the flat. Richard Rodgers hasn't been showing up in the last few games, however he seems to be a good blocker which is what Rodgers needs right now more than anything.

Sky King

Reaction score
Rodgers simply cannot break a tackle to save his life. That's surprising when one considers that at 270 lbs. he outweighs most of the guys who cover him. He's also a very poor blocker as well as being slow afoot. He does have reliable hands, so at least he has that going for him.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers simply cannot break a tackle to save his life. That's surprising when one considers that at 270 lbs. he outweighs most of the guys who cover him. He's also a very poor blocker as well as being slow afoot. He does have reliable hands, so at least he has that going for him.
I'm sure Whitten and other successful TEs didn't have blazing straight-line speed, but they sure didn't move around like a lumbering lineman as Rodgers does. Absolutely no burst or quickness. It wouldn't matter if he actually did break a tackle because the defender could get up and chase him down just 2 yards further down the field.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not so much concerned with Rodgers speed, but he never seems to get open when Aaron needs him to be. He needs to be a last resort for Aaron when no recievers are open and he doesn't necessarily do that. Will be interesting to see what happens when Quarless comes back.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
TE and the lack of production out of the position is even more frustrating when you look at what our opponents TE's have managed to do against us. I didn't list all the TE's stats of other teams or Quarles. So not only do we not get enough out of our TE position, but we are allowing other teams TE's to rack up WR like numbers.

Richard Rodgers Stats: 35 catches for 263 yards (26.3 yds/game)
Justin Perillo: 7-85 (mostly against Detroit)

Bennett (Chi) VS G.B. 5 catches 55 yards
Luke Wilson (Sea): 2-36
Kelce (K.C.) 6-80
Gates (S.D.) 9-95
L. Green (S.D.) 3-35
V. Green (Den) 3-61
Daniels (Den) 3-44
Olson (CAR) 4-66
Rudolph (MN) 6-106

Last edited:

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TE and the lack of production out of the position is even more frustrating when you look at what our opponents TE's have managed to do against us. I didn't list all the TE's stats of other teams or Quarles. So not only do we not get enough out of our TE position, but we are allowing other teams TE's to rack up WR like numbers.

Kelce (K.C.) 6-80
Gates (S.D.) 9-95
L. Green (S.D.) 3-35
V. Green (Den) 3-61
Daniels (Den) 3-44
Olson (CAR) 4-66
Rudolph (MN) 6-106

I would just like to add that the guy that TT didn't get, you know Vernon Davis? He caught 6 passes for 68 yards for Denver this week....

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would just like to add that the guy that TT didn't get, you know Vernon Davis? He caught 6 passes for 68 yards for Denver this week....

*sigh* I pointed that out somewhere in here earlier today as well. Bottom line, we are not getting nearly what we need to out of the position and TT really needs to invest more into into it. I like Quarles (as a #2), but we still won't see the numbers out of him that other TE's are hanging on us.

Cautionary note......look out for Bennett on Thursday.

OP
OP
P

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Looking at their schedule, I see them losing 3 out of their next 4. Vikings are about to have their own slide.

The Vikings may be heading in the wrong direction.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer o line looked bad against the Vikings. On most skirt yardage runs they were blown off the LoS. Baktiari isn't having problems at Lt and he would make a nice back up but as a starter he clearly is getting called for too many penalties. The bottom line is that the offense is out of synch. The d line played well and was the difference in the game. DB's tackled well which was also a bright spot but too many times Viking WR were wide open on 3rd down to extend drives. Problem is when the Packers run into a better o line that can pass block reasonably well their lack of coverage gets exposed. Look for the Bear game to go down to the wire. Right now the NFC north has 4 mediocre to poor teams

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
No... we are by no means out of the woods yet .... since 2000, the Bears have come into Lambeau and won 6 - count 'em - 6 times. That organization has a knack for irritating me.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings may be heading in the wrong direction.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

On one hand that play is a classic of the Vikings. On the other hand Jim Marshall needs to be inducted into the HoF while he's still alive. He was a tremendous player and more worthy than many of the guys inducted at Canton.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think everyone is being a tad too overzealous for this struggling Packer team. I know everyone is use to this team dominating every team they come across and putting up 30+ points every time. The Packers are struggling and trying to find their way but by no way are we exactly mediocre. We just beat a pretty good Vikings team by playing our way and it can definitely be done again and again. Just have to keep the faith and hope the cards fall in our favor.

D

Deleted member 6794

Richard Rodgers hasn't been showing up in the last few games, however he seems to be a good blocker which is what Rodgers needs right now more than anything.

Richard Rodgers isn't a good blocker either.

Kelce (K.C.) 6-80
Gates (S.D.) 9-95
L. Green (S.D.) 3-35
V. Green (Den) 3-61
Daniels (Den) 3-44
Olson (CAR) 4-66
Rudolph (MN) 6-106

Before the game vs. the Vikings the Packers had given up the third most receiving yards to TEs. There's no doubt the team has troubles covering those big guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richard Rodgers isn't a good blocker either.

Before the Packers game vs. the Vikings the Packers had given up the third most receiving yards to TEs. There's no doubt the team has troubles covering those big guys.

In defense of our Tight Ends, how would they look with Nate Palmer covering?

D

Deleted member 6794

In defense of our Tight Ends, how would they look with Nate Palmer covering?

Well, there are other teams having issues covering tight ends as well but I don't expect any of our guys to put up decent numbers against them either.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We aren't out of the woods yet but we saw some promising things Sunday. My hope is that Aaron and the younger receivers build some chemistry as we approach end of the season into the playoffs. I like Janis emerging as a deep threat and want to see Monty healthy as IMO he adds a different dimension to the offense. Him and Cobb out there at the same time can create "match up problems".

With that said If the defense can build on Sundays performance and stay somewhat consistent I like our chances.

Latest posts