State of the North

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
watch out for det. the division is completely up for grabs. whodathunkit. before the start of the season it looked like a two team race. det is above the others in offensive yards and points per game but their d bleeds yards and points per game.

D

Deleted member 6794

You are right that the London part is a factor. I just don't see the Raiders moving the ball at all on the Bears. Hope I am wrong but the Raiders lost by 18 and 20 to the two good teams they have played unless you call the Colts good

True, I don't expect the Bears offense to put up a lot of points though.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
watch out for det. the division is completely up for grabs. whodathunkit. before the start of the season it looked like a two team race. det is above the others in offensive yards and points per game but their d bleeds yards and points per game.
It only looked like a two team race in your mind because you had no faith in the Packers.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope it’s true that the Vikings are an internal hot mess. Always a joy seeing them melt down as we get deeper into the season.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't understand paying a QB millions of $$$$$ without giving him someone to throw after releasing Cobb
Yes, we needed to shore up our defense from last year but it's obvious Rodgers is holding the check book.

Remember the games when Rodgers use to throw to 3-4 different receivers.

Cheer up, there's always next year.

Cobb wasn't the answer but he should have been replaced with something other than the kids we already had on the roster. Losing Adams, even for a short time, is a little frightening tbh. Perhaps we can still find someone via a trade languishing on a losing team.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb wasn't the answer but he should have been replaced with something other than the kids we already had on the roster. Losing Adams, even for a short time, is a little frightening tbh. Perhaps we can still find someone via a trade languishing on a losing team.
Yeah, I still feel the plan was to wait until next year to start propping up the offense. Sucks but there were a lot of holes to fill.

Stupid Bears just took the lead, they're probably salivating at the idea of taking the division lead. I feel like the whole league "knows" we're going to lose to the Cowboys. I'm not saying it, but the matchups look bad. We'll find out if our defense is for real or not.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the nfc north is kind of a mess. oak just beat chi. someone here said they thought our division was the toughest in the nfl (or maybe the nfc). hardly...it's the nfc west as far as the nfc goes.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
the nfc north is kind of a mess. oak just beat chi. someone here said they thought our division was the toughest in the nfl (or maybe the nfc). hardly...it's the nfc west as far as the nfc goes.
ATM NFCN is 9-3-1 outside division. NFCW is 9-4-1. Tossup. West is playing AFCN and is 6-1. North is playing AFCW and is 4-2.

Reaction score
yeah...but i'd say sea, lar, and sf, are just better teams than gb, min, and chi are right now. more complete, if you will.
Maybe. All that matters is US taking care of business As long as that happens, anything goes at Lambeau come January. Let’s sign a WR. If we had Davante and a substantial #2 WR we’d be dangerous by seasons end.
Even without the LB.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The West and North seem like the class of the NFC. Deep divisions but I would say the North might get an edge just because we dont have a Cardinals as of right now. Maybe the Lions slide into that type of team. We will see what the 49ers really are going forward - wins over the Bengals, Bucs, and Steelers are not too impressive. Rams are just 3-2 and the Seahawks are 4-1 but wins over Bengals, Steelers and Cards dont inspire me either.

I still think the North will be the toughest NFC and maybe NFL division top to bottom. Maybe there isnt an elite team although right now find a team with wins as close to as impressive as the Packers winning at Dallas and Chicago and home against Minnesota. I dont think GB is elite but I think there might only be one elite team right now

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Minnesota is realizing that you don't get to have the talent they have on defense, RB and WR group; AND get to have a top tier QB. If the game complimented that then everyone would be stacked. Bears have a top tier defense but their QB sucks. We have a top tier QB and secondary but our run D and other offensive personnel are not as good. You don't get it all. You have to give up something. I think the Lions know what they are doing as much as I hate to admit it.
And it’s just a little ironic considering they paid Cousins $84 mil in I think guaranteed money. He never showed himself to be a “money” QB and that hasn’t changed in Minnesota. Shut down or limit Cook and you pretty much shut down the Vikings O. And it’s not for a lack of WR talent. Digs and Thielen are about as good as they come. Cousins just isn’t the guy to lead the team. Same in Chicago with Trubisky.

The surprising team is the Lions. Or maybe not so surprising. They have a fair number of skill players and Hockenson came in NFL-ready.

D

Deleted member 6794

I never understood bragging about playing in the toughest division in football . Teams actually benefit from facing weaker opponents six times a year.

The surprising team is the Lions. Or maybe not so surprising. They have a fair number of skill players and Hockenson came in NFL-ready.

Hockenson had a great first game but since then has five receptions for 35 yards in three contests.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never understood bragging about playing in the toughest division in football . Teams actually benefit from facing weaker opponents six times a year.

Hockenson had a great first game but since then has five receptions for 35 yards in three contests.
He was looking pretty good in the Chiefs game until he thought that hurdling a chiefs defender was a good idea... that resulted in a concussion and he hasn’t been on the field since.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
He was looking pretty good in the Chiefs game until he thought that hurdling a chiefs defender was a good idea... that resulted in a concussion and he hasn’t been on the field since.

Yeah.... That was a pretty dumb move on his part. Someone needs to teach these kids that not every play needs to land you on Sports Center. Someone is going to get really hurt.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw that play, his head bounced pretty good off that turf.

On a side note, I wonder if those plays would be that bad on a natural surface? I know a frozen field would suck and they want fast surfaces for more excitement, but I have to think injuries of all types would decrease on a well maintained natural surface. Chicago's wouldn't count as well maintained.

D

Deleted member 6794

On a side note, I wonder if those plays would be that bad on a natural surface? I know a frozen field would suck and they want fast surfaces for more excitement, but I have to think injuries of all types would decrease on a well maintained natural surface.

Teams could use undersoil heating to prevent a natural field from freezing.

Air2theThrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah...but i'd say sea, lar, and sf, are just better teams than gb, min, and chi are right now. more complete, if you will.

They can’t all 3 make the Play offs and the Rams do not look all that tough to me.

I think Sea and SF will likely make the plays and the Rams won’t to be honest.

I think the other wild card spot likely comes from the NFCN.

NFCE could be won by a 9-7 team.
NFCS will likely be won by NO and I don’t expect Car to finish ahead of the NFCN in the wild card race.

Air2theThrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Vs Philly and LAC they kept him in to block for pass protection. VS KC they were using him in the pass game until he got a concussion.

I think vs GB they will keep him in to pass block. He likely won’t be used in the pass game all that much. I expect the Lions to go 2 TE sets, max protect and try to run more. Just a hunch.

Members online

Latest posts