Not out of the woods just yet.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While we savor yesterday's win over Minnesota let's not R E L A X just yet. There's tough games coming up and the Packers may yet pay a price for losing to Detroit at home.

Chicago lost yesterday but still has won 4 of their last 7. http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/72949/bears-came-up-just-short-of-establishing-themselves-as-a-good-team

Detroit has won two in a row. The Packers couldn't beat them in Lambeau. A Thursday night in Ford Field won't be easy. http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/72924/back-to-back-wins-leave-one-lions-question-where-was-this-before

And Tony Romo is back for Dallas. http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/70944/inspired-by-teammates-tony-romo-delivers-for-cowboys

Meanwhile Arizona and Carolina keep rolling toward the first round byes and home field for the playoffs. http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/120842/j-j-nelson-picks-up-slack-as-cardinals-get-impressive-win-over-bengals
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/po...asses-gives-panthers-something-to-dance-about

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

The #1 seed in the NFC is gone as the Panthers would have to lose four of their last six and the Packers to win out for that to happen. The week 16 game at Arizona could decide which other team will get a bye in the first round. The Vikings are a mediocre team not capable of challenging the Packers for the division crown.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The #1 seed in the NFC is gone as the Panthers would have to lose four of their last six and the Packers to win out for that to happen. The week 16 game at Arizona could decide which other team will get a bye in the first round. The Vikings are a mediocre team not capable of challenging the Packers for the division crown.

I still see the Vikings as a possible threat, however I believe that after them playing a few other good teams (as well as us) we would be able to make a better decision on the NFC North crown. As far as the Panthers go, the hardest team they have had to play was us, no matter what they might say. I still firmly believe that a Packer team clicking with everything in sync and the planets aligned right can take a Panther team in the playoffs. But then again I live in NC and have to listen to Panther fans all the time so I'm biased, saying that I have a extreme dislike of the Panthers.

D

Deleted member 6794

I still see the Vikings as a possible threat, however I believe that after them playing a few other good teams (as well as us) we would be able to make a better decision on the NFC North crown. As far as the Panthers go, the hardest team they have had to play was us, no matter what they might say. I still firmly believe that a Packer team clicking with everything in sync and the planets aligned right can take a Panther team in the playoffs. But then again I live in NC and have to listen to Panther fans all the time so I'm biased, saying that I have a extreme dislike of the Panthers.

I don´t think the Vikings are a threat to win the NFC North as I don´t see them finishing the season any better than 9-7.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don´t think the Vikings are a threat to win the NFC North as I don´t see them finishing the season any better than 9-7.

They have a very good defense, a great run game and while Bridgewater might not be a great quarterback talent he's solid. I think their range is between 9-7 and 11-5. Note I honestly believe that they compare with the Denver Broncos, with less homefield advantage.

D

Deleted member 6794

They have a very good defense, a great run game and while Bridgewater might not be a great quarterback talent he's solid. I think their range is between 9-7 and 11-5. Note I honestly believe that they compare with the Denver Broncos, with less homefield advantage.

I have the Vikings losing at Arizona, vs. the Seahawks and in week 17 at Lambeau as well. In addition they most likely lose another one to either the Falcons, Giants or Bears.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd love to have that optimism, just trying to look at everything from all angles. But if we beat them once it can happen again. However we do have some challenging games ahead of us with the Giants and Cardinals and if Romo and Dallas start heating up Dez is going to cause havoc with our CBs.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'd love to have that optimism, just trying to look at everything from all angles. But if we beat them once it can happen again. However we do have some challenging games ahead of us with the Giants and Cardinals and if Romo and Dallas start heating up Dez is going to cause havoc with our CBs.

We aren´t playing the Giants this season. The Cardinals game is the toughest left on the Packers schedule and as I mentioned above will most likely decide the #2 seed in the NFC.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reasons to be optimistic. The run game has returned, they couldn't stop Lacy even when they knew we were going to run. Rodgers was throwing into tighter windows than he has all season. The Packers were making a much heavier use of man beater routes.

How much of Aaron's problems stem from the offensive adjustments that we've made?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have the Vikings losing at Arizona, vs. the Seahawks and in week 17 at Lambeau as well. In addition they most likely lose another one to either the Falcons, Giants or Bears.

I have them losing to the Cards and Packers. I think they'll beat the Seahawks Bears and and Giants at home. At Atlanta is a push, don't think much of this Falcons team...

EDIT: Scratch that I think the Vicks win at Atlanta.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We aren´t playing the Giants this season. The Cardinals game is the toughest left on the Packers schedule and as I mentioned above will most likely decide the #2 seed in the NFC.

Your right about the Giants, I was writing a post about the Panthers as well and seeing if anyone thought they were the real deal to show up in the playoffs since we were the hardest team they will face all year outside maybe the Giants. My fault. But the Arizona game will be a big one, they are looking stout.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yesterdays game was encouraging. We saw what the Defense can do, when the offense does something (other then make the Defense be out on the field all day). This may have been the confidence booster that the offense needed and barring any major injuries, getting Montgomery back (and Abby) will only help the offense to keep getting back to their full potential. I don't think we will see another game like that from Cobb (hopefully).

If the team that showed up yesterday has to go to Carolina in the playoffs, we have a chance. But if the team that got off the plane a few weeks ago shows up again, then it really doesn't matter where or who we are playing.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree. Looking at their schedule, I see them losing 3 out of their next 4. Vikings are about to have their own slide.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree that we can't look ahead, but mainly because we're still not playing great. But, since when is 4 of 7 a notable/good streak? Hell, the Packers have won 4 of their last 7 and we were ready to burn this place down. I think we've got some tough games on the back end of this schedule, but the Bears at home is not one of them. If we can't win that one, we're in serious trouble.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thought, Aaron threw to Janis deep not once but twice. This makes me think that A) theyve been practicing these deep balls and B) Aaron is starting to get some comfort on these routes with janis, expect to see more in the future.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Janis is really chopping at the bit to be out there to prove himself. You can see it.

Sky King

Reaction score
Another thought, Aaron threw to Janis deep not once but twice. This makes me think that A) theyve been practicing these deep balls and B) Aaron is starting to get some comfort on these routes with janis, expect to see more in the future.
He got behind the defense both times. On the first he just exploded past the DB initially, but had to slow down for the too-short pass. On the second he had a step on the nearest DB and dragged more along with him on that route. On the KO return he also displayed superior speed and explosiveness.

Jake Apperley

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Deep threat of Janis and Lacy running the ball will help the whole offense I hope. Still some really bad throws and drops yesterday mind

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Janis at least looked good....drawing a penalty on that one deep ball. :coffee:
He has a good nose for the ball-just look at that pass he put himself in position to snatch vs. SD when it actually looked like an overthrown ball to a different receiver. And he realized the ball was underthrown fairly quickly yesterday and was making his way back to it when he was held up. There's no reason to think he wouldn't have made a catch there.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those were 2 plays that we need in our offense, but both were pretty poorly thrown. Rodgers isn't back yet, the Rodgers we know at his best can hit that deep throw.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I do expect to see Janis out there returning kickoffs, even if Montgomery and Hyde are healthy.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
My Likes and Dislikes I saw.

The defenses pressure causing 6 sacks.
More targets to JJ.
Janis speed and more playing time.
Holding AP to a low yardage game.
Crosby was on fire.
Short 3rd downs.

Dislikes
Cobb's very catch able drops.
Rodgers missed throws we are used to him making.
Having to settle for long FGs.

In all I have way more likes. But still don't see this offense moving exactly like they used to. That might be due to Jordy not being there. But it was great to have a win and I could finally have a good nights rest knowing we won haha.
Also glad to see Quarless come back on Thanksgiving.

D

Deleted member 6794

Also glad to see Quarless come back on Thanksgiving.

Quarless is eligible to return this week but that doesn't mean he'll get cleared by the medical staff. He would have been allowed to practice for the last two weeks but as far as I know wasn't participating.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Quarless is eligible to return this week but that doesn't mean he'll get cleared by the medical staff. He would have been allowed to practice for the last two weeks but as far as I know wasn't participating.

Oh ok. Well I guess we will see. Hopefully he can make a return soon.

Members online

Latest posts