NO TRADE FOR TAYLOR, YET

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like Taylor is going to get cut so the Packers might able to get away with just giving a 3rd or even a 4th rounder for him if Taylor would want to come here and if a contract would be agreed on. Packers might actually end up giving a lot less for Jason Taylor if anything at all. At least that's what it looked like from that post I read on PFT.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I don't see him trading two picks for a 34 year old player either, although Taylor is a beast and almost single handedly beat us a few years ago. If it's a 3rd or 4th I would be happy with it.

Anyone have an idea how he plays in the cold? :lol:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
draft picks to Ted are like teeth to crackheads..

Umm, what?

Teeth are not important to crackheads and they have few.
Ted enjoys a plethora of draft picks because you have a better chance of getting a good player.

Maybe I'm too tired, but that statement confuses me.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone have an idea how he plays in the cold? :lol:

He's played in New England, New York, and Buffalo once a year for his entire career. He'll get used to it.

Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:

Umm, what?

Ted enjoys a plethora of draft picks because you have a better chance of getting a good player.

lol Zero, arrow made that comment.

Need I say more?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I agree, I have a feeling Ted wouldnt be willing to dump 2 picks on him either..However maybe the #60 with a later round would work, since Ted has the #57 now

But this is supposed to be one of the more "deeper" drafts, so that might make Ted hesitate in trading a day 1 pick.

Perhaps the #60 pick this year, with a conditional next year based on how much Taylor produces?

I would sign off on that!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure Taylor is even on the block after seeing this...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23435209/

I can't say one way or another. but what i do know is if they release him, they get no compensation, and if they trade him, they will get compensation. If I am Parcells, I am not going to admit I will cut a player like that, because then I have absolutely no leverage in working out a possible trade. Posturing is a very important skill for NFL Front office personnel

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
time to put an end to this thread. only way taylor leaves the dolphins is if he retires. was just recently reported.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
time to put an end to this thread. only way taylor leaves the dolphins is if he retires. was just recently reported.

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you there. Speculation is speculation. Posturing is posturing. As long as the buzz is out there, nothing is final. time to keep this thread going as long as the discussion isn't closed.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well then time to put an end to the possibility of Jason Taylor wearing a Green Bay uniform. thread can go on

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not want Jason Taylor on the Packers. I'd rather draft or sign a Free Agent Linebacker as trade for the guy. He is not worth 2 picks. Period.

Agreed. We have good rushers already. KGB and Kampman. We could use those picks.....

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:

Umm, what?

From experience, it seems more like **** freaks lose teeth more than crackheads. But maybe that's just from what I've seen. Maybe it's different in Wisconsin.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Parcells tell Mortenson that he was going to Atlanta? I wouldn't be shocked to see Parcells trade him or cut him later on but I doubt anything happens now. Basically anything reported I would take to seriously whether it's something Parcells said or some rumor that the Packers are interested.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After seeing Michael Strahan sit out all of the off season and come in after training camp to play for the Giants, I'd say let Jason dance with the stars. If we got him I'd be more than thrilled. The guy had 11 sacks last year and that's with him getting constantly double teamed. In GB he'd play opposite Aaron Kampman and then it's a pick your poison sort of thing. If a team decides to double team both of them, then it opens things up for the inside and there could be one less receiving option for the other team.

Heh. If that takes out a TE half the time, by all means, get the guy. :cool:

Members online

Latest posts