No Respect

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Michael Vick - aka by (real name) Ron Mexico (No, you cannot purchase a jersey, either)
HAHA My avatar loves it.

Good luck, Detroit - We'll be ready for ya.. and "da Mooch", too!
Beat the hell out of them last night in Madden 06 with my Rodgers at the helm. Pretty funny. Yeah yeah I know it's only a PS2 game, but it's still fun.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Musscy said,

"If you don't think the media still kisses Brett's behind, then wait and watch Madden or the ESPN gang commentate a Packers game."

Musscy..it was the same with all the greats....

Think about games you watched with Montana, Marino, Elway, Aikman (yes, i think he was great), Steve Young, etc..etc...

they kissed their *****...as you say...because they were great....(or perhaps they just showed appreciation for their talents)...

NOw I KNOW Brett Favre is going to the HOF...i'm not so sure about Vick, McNabb, Culpepper, Rothlisberger...and even Manning...

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(Ahem)...Manning will go to the HOF, but sad to say.. probably down the same path that Marino went....

I like Peyton - He's a bit L7, but he's okay and a pretty good role model around here for the little tykes to imitate... Damn sure ain't tryin' to be a TO or a Randy (Yeah, I ****, so what Tagliabue...!?!) Moss... And, if you go back and look at his streak, along with each game (?) You'd see that Manning probably could have had several more TD's if they'd have actually just left the guy alone to play "his" game....

AF Lion

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever, I just find it a bit much when someone says that ESPN is anti-Packers when Chris Berman is one of their biggest supporters.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One Sports Announcer does not a cable tv station make.....

Berman may be pro-Packers... but I believe he's more of a Favre-fanatic more than anything else... He's always going gaga over Marino much the same way, as well. And that's the part that I'm always against with the fans perspective.. It's always the team that goes and plays the games.. it wasn't Marino that pulled the Dolphins thru each and every game. Just like it's not Brett that wins all the games..

By and large - the majority of ESPN Announcers are NOT Packer fans and could really care less if Green Bay fell into the Lake. When you watch most programs that are featuring our team - it is usually bent towards criticism and not accolades...

Right now? I'd call it even-steven for all NFC NOrth Teams with respect to Sports Reporting...
After the Season is half over - then, let's see how they chatter...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66...

yeah, I know, and my statement didn't come off quite like I wanted. My point is just that there isn't some massive conspiracy theory for all of the media to bring down Brett.

And even if there were, who cares, it's just the media, what can they do...worst case scenario, they give him a bad image and it's easier for us to pick him up in the fantasy drafts...wait a second....hmmm....come to think of it..."Yeah, Brett, Tomlinson, the Raven's defense, and Antonio Gates all suck!"

There are plenty of critics of McNabb, Peyton, Vick...out there as well. They're entitled to their opinion, but does what Dan Patrick says have any bearing on how Brett and the Packers play on Sunday? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!! So we shouldn't take this stuff so personally/seriously.

Members online

Latest posts