Nice Mike Woods column

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting article. Favre watches the NFL Network everyday just like me :mrgreen:

Normally I would say you treat all players the same, but I think this is kind of a special case. I don't think Favre is the kind of guy who would take advantage of his status to slack off. The fact he was working with a special trainer this year shows me he's even more intent on improving his performance. So I think Sherman did a good move to try and recharge Brett's batteries that might have been running lower the last couple of years with all the stuff he's had to go through.

As long as players see Brett give his 100% in training camp, they'll know he's not trying to slack off. Is it special treatment? Yes, but I think Brett has earned it in his case.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is amazing. A guy throws for more than 7400 yards in the last two years and he says,

swartzcatz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree wpr... if he comes into the season on a role, Sherman will look like a genius! :D

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good article JBlood. It definitely points out that the decision made by Sherman was a little bit of a risk but he knows if it will effect the teams cohesion or not. I wonder how the other players feel about this. I don't think many of them would ever speak up if they disagreed. I myself feel that Favre has earned it.

Later
Leopardmech

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
If he was "focused" what could he have done? :shock:
I hear ya - but, let's be real - if you had lost your Dad, and another relative, along with your wife coming down with Cancer - would you ask for some time off work? Probably, somewhere along the line - sure!

The fact that his Family understands the nature of the situation they are involved in, with respect to his career field... is amazing. Many Wives would have told them to look for another line of work...

I want to see if his focus is as strong as it was heading into 1996 - when him, Reggie and others were chompin' at the bit - from the 1995 NFC stumbling routine they went through. ( I have the sweatshirt, of course)

I can't wait!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
I hear ya - but, let's be real - if you had lost your Dad, and another rleative along with your wife coming down with Cancer - would you ask for some time off work? Probably, somewhere along the line - sure!

I agree. I own my own office and I would shut it down in a heartbeat to take care of family matters.
It doesn't even have to be that serious. I took my wife into Chicago to a Dr apt last week and we are taking our son to the airport tomorrow. I simply got someone to answer the phones.
There are things more impt that work. I guess that's why we spend so much of the day on the message boards. :oops:
Hey if I can quote on someone's insurance maybe I can write this off as a tax deduction. :roll: Naw. Packer Forum doesn't charge us to be members.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett knows time is running short on his career. He'll play as hard as ever--maybe harder. I for one will sit back and enjoy the last 3 or 4 years of a remarkable athlete. Sherman is doing the right thing.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Painting by Stephen Holland

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Sporting News Front Cover is amazing - I have the one with Reggie & Brett on the "Cover of the Sports Illustrated"... The Toon's pretty right on, too!

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Hey JBlood what game is the last picture from?

I think it was his 200th game, but am not positive. I thought it was a fitting way to end the series of pics.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posters -Very good posts-everyone of them! Minicamps are mostly for Rookies and free agents and this year for the defense becase of the new defensive schemes of Jim Bates. . Packer coaches keep track of Brett's throws, every pass thrown in minicamp means that many less in Summer training camp. Brett will be ready for training camp. Besides Brett not being there gave more time for QBs Nall, Rodgers & O'Sullivan to throw more passes and run the offense. They need it more than Favre. I don't think Favre not being at minicamp created any problems with the rest of the team, if it did, those few players will have to deal with it. Besides he was just obeying the head coaches order, which was, don't come to minicamps.

Members online

Latest posts