Nfcg duds and studs

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were a lot of plays this year where he had guys like Kumerow, MVS, and even Graham open in the flat or over the middle for modest gains but instead he threw incomplete at a much more tightly covered Adams looking for a bigger play or simply took a sack because he missed his window to throw to them from looking downfield too much.
I think this is just something we're going to have to accept about Rodgers, just like we had to accept that Favre was sometimes going to try to force the ball. It's part of the stew, the bad with the good. Sure, I'd like to see it corrected, but that seems unlikely. If I was his coach, I might be pulling my hair out about it.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His very occasional pointing fingers is absolutely and totally part of his job. If he didn’t do that he’s not a true manager IMO. Sometimes Managers hurt people’s feelings (correction, feelings are going to get hurt)
If you hire someone to manage your business you’d better let them do their job and you better support them as long as you get results. If he finishes 6-10 every year I’d be with you right up his butt.

Managers aren’t there for some sort of supplication of fanship. His job is to win games and he doesn’t need to be “liked” to get that done. Aaron Rodgers manages that game and can scream at or yell at or point all he wants. He’s earned that by his stripes.
The good news is this. We don’t have to like it or even be a fan for that matter. This is like
Baskin-Robbins... we have 31 other options.

And how effective have his methods been? Those are things you do away from the cameras, not on national TV. Favre didn't berate his team on camera. But he was the best leader this team has ever had not named "Starr."

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is just something we're going to have to accept about Rodgers, just like we had to accept that Favre was sometimes going to try to force the ball. It's part of the stew, the bad with the good. Sure, I'd like to see it corrected, but that seems unlikely. If I was his coach, I might be pulling my hair out about it.

I think the key word in your post here is "try." I mean it's great that his INT% is at an all-time career low the last 2 seasons. But his TD% is also at an all-time low the last two seasons. The point is you have to throw the ball to the open man.

BTW, how prophetic was this article? You would think it was written at the end of the season, not the beginning:

https://dairylandexpress.com/2019/09/10/green-bay-packers-demise-aaron-rodgers/

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were a lot of plays this year where he had guys like Kumerow, MVS, and even Graham open in the flat or over the middle for modest gains but instead he threw incomplete at a much more tightly covered Adams looking for a bigger play or simply took a sack because he missed his window to throw to them from looking downfield too much. The offense ran like clockwork when Adams was hurt because he had no choice but to distribute the ball better. It was particularly bad in the Chargers game. Someone on Twitter or Reddit or wherever put together a mashup of about 4 plays against the Chargers where other guys were open for what would have been first downs and he either didn't see them because of tunnel vision or simply refused to throw to them. Go back and watch all the second half games. Don't watch Rodgers or Adams. Watch Lazard, Kumerow, Graham and MVS. I think you'll find that they got open a lot more than their stat lines would lead you to believe.

I don't know, man! Maybe there were many factors involved which included Rodger's imagining Buggybill2003 in a cat suit but I think favoritism is the least of the problems.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, man! Maybe there were many factors involved which included Rodger's imagining Buggybill2003 in a cat suit but I think favoritism is the least of the problems.

Well, I'm sure Gute is already planning on getting Rodgers some new toys this year. We'll see if he plays with them.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not surprising, thought that was a pretty weak call. Kittle comes out and jacks him right in or under the the face mask and grabs him as well and tries tossing him around, if you're going to let it go one way, better let it go the other.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts