Nfcg duds and studs

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worst part of this game is that you SAW the flashes, particularly on the offense, enough to give you hope and think that there was a chance. It's like a freaking tease! That's been our issue the entire year! We can never play a full 4 quarter game of football. We have no excuses, we got punched in the mouth and San Fran made us look like chumps. Same song different tune. And Rodgers is becoming 36 next year, and with the 18th hole fastly approaching you have to wonder how long we have? It'll be one of the greatest travesties if Rodgers only gets to 1 superbowl in his career.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Believe it or not there are some studs: AJ, Devante, Lazard, even a shout to Jimmy G...and me I watched the whole game.
Duds: I cant call this a Defense giving up over 212 rushing, Rodgers, coaching on both sides,Murphy...

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never mind what happened for the next 59 minutes of the game huh? *****.

Yea what ridiculous logic.
But this goes both ways doesn't it????

I mean hindsight is 2020 I get it. BUT.....

The Defense forced a 3 and Out on the opening possession.

NOTHING would have been better to have a LOOONNNGGG opening drive to get SOMETHING....even 3 points.... after that 3 and out

ANYTIME our D can come out, on the road nonethelss, and force a 3 and Out on the Opening possession. I am good

Is this sarcasm? Because I am not sure how anyone could seriously think along these lines...

The defense nearly surrendered 200 yards rushing in 1 half of football. They were historically putrid tonight.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to go to work. Need to continue to address speed, speed and speed.

Time to move on. Good year. Much more than expected.

in gute I trust.

but. This sucked.

go pack go.

The takeaway here should be that with Gute and MLF, the future looks bright. Rodgers needs to spend the offseason getting his head together though.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea what ridiculous logic.

Is this sarcasm? Because I am not sure how anyone could seriously think along these lines...

The defense nearly surrendered 200 yards rushing in 1 half of football. They were historically putrid tonight.

Not really?

I mean EVERYONE watching the game knew the 49ers wanted to do TWO THINGS:

1) Run the football
2) Play Defense

So if we had scored we would have put more pressure on them to pass the football....which is what we wanted them to do??

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Rodgers was not a dud at all.

Gute for all the good he did this year, needs to surround this team with offensive talent. No more counting on 5th-6th rounders and UDFA to turn the corner. Bring in a LEGIT #2 along with FAST ILB.

The Pack would have gotten annihilated by the Chiefs in the SB if we're being honest

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud for the season, absolutely. But he coached a lousy game tonight in my opinion.

What could he have done different? We were moving the ball. Rodgers had a **** first half. He had one fumble that put us in a hole. He had another fumble that gave SF a short field and an INT that gave them a short field. What is MLF supposed to do about that?

On the contrary, I think he coached well. He got them re-focused in the second half and the offense put up 20 points.

The dud on the coaching staff was Pettine. I think MLF might show him the door and bring in his own man.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st half Rodgers wasn't great, but some people are little overboard. He played pretty well, and better the 2nd half. You'd like to think your starting guard can pick up a blitzing DB 1 on 1 and not let him run free to the QB. I need another replay on that fumbled snap, but did it even hit his hands? He had one questionable to Allison, made worse by Aikman and his comments, but he couldn't lead him up the field anymore because of the safety being right freaking there. Maybe he should have went elsewhere, and it wasn't a good ball, but when you throw it 40 times you're going to have a bad one against a defense like that.

We lost because they couldn't stop the run. Gashed time and time again. I've never seen a game with such gaping running lanes and even when they'd get it bottled up, he still runs in for a TD from 20 out. Redman buries his head in the back of someone and he just runs right around him. They were pathetic on defense. No 2 ways about it. All those sacks and nobody can tackle a RB anymore. The middle layer was exposed yet again. There is NOBODY there once they get thru the line, ever.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really?

I mean EVERYONE watching the game knew the 49ers wanted to do TWO THINGS:

1) Run the football
2) Play Defense

So if we had scored we would have put more pressure on them to pass the football....which is what we wanted them to do??

Yes everyone knew the 9ers were going to run the ball. Including the Packers defense each time they got ran the **** over.

You seriously think that SF would have abandoned the running game if they were down 1 score early in the First Quarter? :confused:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st half Rodgers wasn't great, but some people are little overboard. He played pretty well, and better the 2nd half. I need another replay on that fumbled snap, but did it even hit his hands?

They showed the replay. He started pulling out before securing the ball. It ended up only hitting his fingers because he pulled his hands back too soon.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud for the season, absolutely. But he coached a lousy game tonight in my opinion.
Believe it or not I'm not gonna pin this on MLF simply due to they had to get away from their original plan. I blame more Petine if anything for not adjusting. The only thing I didn't like was him going for the onside kick instead of kicking it off, and going for 2. Other than that I'm giving him a pass. In regards to the offense, I hate to say this, but this is largely is on Rodgers. That int and ESPECIALLY that fumble killed us. The oline wasn't that great either.

Reaction score
This team has come a long way and it was a great year considering we have a new head coach while coming off two straight loosing seasons. With that being said, unfortunately it has become clear that there is still a lot of work to do during the upcoming offseason, at least if we want to get a championship before Rodgers retires. We had a lot of close games this year, getting lucky, and now this game.

We need more playmakers on offense, especially at the receiver and/or tight end positions. The defense has improved a lot, but there is still room for improvement.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what I just don't understand about this team. Why???

They already got embarrassed two months ago so why not be more prepared?

Because they're a way better football team than us and preparation can't overcome that. We needed to be at our best tonight and they needed to be at their worst for us to have a shot. Didn't happen.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because they're a way better football team than us and preparation can't overcome that. We needed to be at our best tonight and they needed to be at their worst for us to have a shot. Didn't happen.
I don't think we needed their worst, but we kept killing ourselves with turnovers and penalties. You can't do that at this stage in the game. We're not good enough to do that and we did. Short fields and extra possessions lead to *** kickings.

Defense fell flat almost the entire game. ST had some gaffs and the offense gave them extra possessions. That's not a recipe to win in the NFCCG

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What could he have done different? We were moving the ball. Rodgers had a **** first half. He had one fumble that put us in a hole. He had another fumble that gave SF a short field and an INT that gave them a short field. What is MLF supposed to do about that?
That is why I can't give call Rodgers a stud. This is the EXACT same thing that happened with Dallas against us. Dak was partly responsible putting them in that large deficit against us. It's not ALL his fault, but I'm not about to give him credit for his sloppy play that put us in this position.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Reaching that goal of a SB championship use to be,take your time and develop, but its much faster and unforgiving, success has to be almost near immediately, and unpopular decisions have to be made at times, at least we weren’t 1 and done “but” certain teams we just can't seem to overcome them when we need to, its always blame coaches but front office should be more vulnerable than them if the team is not successful, the Packers did well getting rid of TT, now its time to look at Murphy..

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we needed their worst, but we kept killing ourselves with turnovers and penalties. You can't do that at this stage in the game. We're not good enough to do that and we did. Short fields and extra possessions lead to *** kickings.

Defense fell flat almost the entire game. ST had some gaffs and the offense gave them extra possessions. That's not a recipe to win in the NFCCG
That roughing the passer was bs. There was definitely some home cooking going on, but whatever.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: This team's heart. Even getting destroyed today they fought back to get it to a 2 td game. People all over (including Packer fans) didn't think this team was very good and they were one game away from the damn Super Bowl.

Dud: Any ********* making fun of us for getting knocked out. Most of their teams are eliminated and are jealous we are playing this late in January so many years over the last 30 years. Suck on our success haters. Besides those cheaters in Boston, I'd put our resume against any team in this league over the last 30 years.

SUGAMAN44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time to move on from Rogers . Teams with garropolos and 6 pass attempts are winning . No one player worth the money. Specially with first half performance. By Martinez . Inside lbs bad. Clard didn't even earn it tonight . Can t believe a team that tanked on purpose to get bosa won. Play calling was crap. Worst first half ever. Wish Rogers showed some Brett Favre passion. Ug... Hardcore rooting for chiefs

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw the 1st half, and outside of the pass to Allison, what's the issue?

Let's see. Holding onto the ball too long. Missing an open receiver for a first down. Fumbling on third down and putting us in a hole. Pulling out too early and fumbling a snap resulting in a turnover. All three of those were drive killers. Other than that, he had a GREAT first half!

Members online

Latest posts