1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFC North

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by irishpacker, Feb 26, 2008.

1. irishpacker

irishpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Living in Ireland there is absolutely no media coverage of the NFL, the superbowl is sometimes mentioned in the middle of the sports section, thats about it! So as you can imagine I hear nothing about the up-to-date happenings in the offseason, and I'm FAR TO LAZY to go rooting around the internet for updates on trades etc... So this thread is about anything the Lions, Bears and Vikings are up to. I wana keep my eye on those cunts!

So, any gossip in the NFC North???

P.S. I miss the NFL Central with the Buccs... I really hated those guys :-(

2. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bears resigned Grossman, Orton and Clark.
    McKinnie of the Vikes beat some dudes up in a bar fight.
    Lions release Fernadno Bryant.

Thats about it really :D

3. irishpacker

irishpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why on earth would they resign Grossman??? The man is the essence of failure!

4. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Comic Value i reckon.

5. irishpacker

irishpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe he's an excellent kick "holder". He does that better than anyone else on the Bears Roster. Brian Urlacher told me that "if you ever need to hold something at a very slight angle, give this man a call" - he handed me a bit of paper with "Grossman - 1800-FAILURE" written on it.

FACT

6. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Lovie Smith could be his dad.

7. irishpacker

irishpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Of course! It's so simple, how didn't I see the resembance before!!.... I love how two guys in a country Grossman has probaly never heard of are totally taking the piss out of him!

8. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Grossman bashing is a common practice for me, i worked with two Bears fans, one yank and one paddy, i got dogs abuse when i mentoined Grossman's ineptitude in my company-wide farewell email last week..it was great! :D

9. LordEvil

LordEvil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    grossman is a joke. The pack should be happy that they resigned him.

10. irishpacker

irishpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There's a town called "Germantown"??? AWESOME!

11. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, one thing we all have to accept in life is some people are more intelligent than others. Someone pissed in the gene pool when they created the folks who run da Bears organization.

12. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :rotflmao:

13. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    In this case.. a picture is worth a couple thousand words.. :rotflmao:

[​IMG]

14. PackFanWithTwins

PackFanWithTwins Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dorf on football, Chicago style. :lol:

15. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    LOL

16. favre2driver

favre2driver Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL nice edit.

17. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    My current, best post in awhile post.

18. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

That reminds me of Cotton Hill from "King of the Hill". You know, Hank's dad who got his shins blown off in WW2 or Korea or whatever.

19. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    You may all dislike me for this....

But I like the guy.

He is not an arrogant S.O.B. He is not fighing dogs, with more talent, but he is being a good person with less talent.

He is does not know quit, or the words "Give Up." He is a working man's example of taking the knocks and keeping up the attitude that "I Can Do Better." He has never been a waste of talent, other than the fact he can implode on the field.... Has he ever imploded off the field. Imploding off the field with great talent is far worse. That is a waste of talent.!

He re-signed with the Bears. He said, OK, they all may (Fans and Media) think I suck.... But I am going back. I am going to give it another shot. He is walking back into a classroom where he has tried his best but has been bullied, beat up, and picked on. To me that is one hell of a student.

I admire the guy. I say: "Good on you Rex." I say you have more talent then then 99.99% of every QB who played college football, that is a fricken accomplishment. I say if Rex was a life time back up like so many NFL QB's he would not be getting the grief he is getting.

I know that he has reached a level that I could never get to. I kind of like the guy. In-fact I admire him a great deal.

I admire anyone in life who keeps sticking his head in the fire, no matter how bad it burns.

Too often on football forums we judge a person by the NFL uniform they play for, rather than the person behind the uniform.

R.P.

20. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    Fair enough. I get where you're coming from and you made some good points. He is a decent guy, and I don't think anyone has ever said that he is a bad person.

However, it is football, and a business. At the end of the day, you're going to be judged from what you lay out on the field. Even if that's not fair to Rex's character, it's just the way it is.

21. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like Grossman too. With the proper supporting cast, he could have and may still be a really good qb. I only rag on him when talking to Bear fans. To be honest, Bear fans hate and rag on him more than you would ever think on the bear site i subscribe to.

22. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    For The Record.

My post about Rex was not a reflection on any of the Packer Forum member posts.... But more about how he has been beat up in Chicago and the media in general. Bottom line is he is a good guy in general.

De Real Deal, and Dod. I was not referring to you, or anyone here on this forum. Just Forums, Fans, and the media in general.

Clear?

23. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    Oh yeah man, I didn't take it that way at all. I was just saying that at the end of that day, he's going to be judged by what he does on the field, not his character . . . just as a general statement. There are lots of swell guys that get no where near what their character deserves.

It's a harsh life!

:( :( :(

24. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    So, in other words, he sucks???

Just kiddin' R.P. :p

25. gotarace27

gotarace27 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

one of my favorites. The bears taking it from the packers again.