NFC Championship - Los Angeles Rams vs. New Orleans Saints

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone watching this game? Rams on the come back and tie 20 - 20.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That was a brutal non call on that blatant DPI. I'd be livid if I was a Saints fan.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
23-20 game with 20 seconds left... and everyone says this league is only about offense and scoring now.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes! Rams win! Sorry Brees! Better luck next time!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So in a season in which NFL officials set records for throwing flags, this crew kept the laundry in their pants for one of the most obvious DPI's you'll ever see and cost the Saints' a Super Bowl berth. Stellar.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So in a season in which NFL officials set records for throwing flags, this crew kept the laundry in their pants for one of the most obvious DPI's you'll ever see and cost the Saints' a Super Bowl berth. Stellar.
Yeah that was bad...

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
The NFL has pushed to get teams back in LA as it is one of the biggest markets ($$$).
If I was a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist I would say the fix is in.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Psh considering how many times the refs bailed The Saints out, I can't say I feel bad for them. Also you should never have it where the refs can dictate the final outcome of the game. Only losers blame refs. That's how I see it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a penalty, and I would be pissed if I was a Saints fan. At the same time, I’d have hated to basically end the game on a pass that easily could have been a pick 6.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess we should be happy because we gain a draft pick spot for our Saints pick.
Also we should be happy because our new coach is from McVay's coaching tree.

I wonder if that was Brees' last shot for a Super Bowl? I didn't really care who won this game, but in a way I'm glad because Colin Cowherd is always talking up Brees and putting down Rodgers (just because Brees was winning this year and Rodgers wasn't). He has Brees on his "8 greatest QBs" list while no Packers are on there.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess we should be happy because we gain a draft pick spot for our Saints pick.
Also we should be happy because our new coach is from McVay's coaching tree.

I wonder if that was Brees' last shot for a Super Bowl? I didn't really care who won this game, but in a way I'm glad because Colin Cowherd is always talking up Brees and putting down Rodgers (just because Brees was winning this year and Rodgers wasn't). He has Brees on his "8 greatest QBs" list while no Packers are on there.
That's EXACTLY why I didn't want Brees to go to The SB. Nothing against him, but it would validate guys like Cowherd who thinks that Brees is better than Rodgers.

Reaction score
Hey. #30 overall. That helps a little.
I wouldn’t mind trading back with a team like the Skins a few spots to #15 -#17 range..Then using that capital to move forward to pick Top 20 a second time.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Total joke. I'm hoping the Rams get completely embarrassed. The Rams are a big money entity - the best team money can buy - can't stand this latest Rams organization.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have the same cap as everyone else. They just happen to have a very good QB on rookie contract. Just like the Chiefs and other teams. The new NFL.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Payton runs the ball three times instead of passing twice before the field goal, we're not having this conversation. Payton's hubris has more to do with why they lost. He went full Kyle Shanahan in the Super Bowl.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
They have the same cap as everyone else. They just happen to have a very good QB on rookie contract. Just like the Chiefs and other teams. The new NFL.

What's funny though is that if the game had been called correctly, the rookie deal QB would have lost to one on a top end contract.