2024 draft discussion thread

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously all these QBs pushing serious talent down....

I have Murphy as 11th best prospect and Turner / Q / Arnold all top 10 talents.

Crazy. How long can Gute fight the urge?

Go get Murphy...don't have to resign Clark....
Go get Q and you have a secondary to fight Chicago's weapons...
Go get Dallas Turner and just wreck offenses up front....

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The board is falling perfect for the Pack! Wonder if Gute is thinking about trading up to get a top 5 defensive player?

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably gonna be a run on defense now..should still be a few decent players to choose from by 25.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a lot of CB needy teams ahead of the Packers. If Gute wants a top tier CB, he'll need to move up. If the top 3 CB's come off the board before pick #25, and Barten is gone, I wouldn't mind seeing Gute trade down to pick 33.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jets bluffed them into making the deal rather thn nother team getting #10. Who knows, maybe Denver was sniffing around for 10?
Yep. Jets stared them down and made them believe someone else was on the phone.

May even have been the truth, but considering that it's the Vikings I hope it isn't. And they got pantsed.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a lot of CB needy teams ahead of the Packers. If Gute wants a top tier CB, he'll need to move up. If the top 3 CB's come off the board before pick #25, and Barten is gone, I wouldn't mind seeing Gute trade down to pick 33.
If the top three CBs and Barton are gone I am hoping if we stay we just grab the best safety in Cooper or go nab your best LB or OT left...even if it is Morgan to slide to guard year one.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever Gute decides, I sure hope it isn't Mims or Guyton in round 1. Mims is constantly hurt. If he can't play college football, no way is going to get healthier in the NFL. While Guyton is athletic, I think he plays too soft relying on his size. That might work in the Big 12 conference where defense is optional but I just don't his finese working in the NFL.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A trade up now costs us at least #25 & #58...is it worth it for Turner, Mitchell, Arnold or Murphy?
Only problem, the teams ahead of them are seeing top 10 defensive players still on the board. Guessing the price to move up is off the charts now.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who'd of thunk the first defensive player off the board would be Latu? He had great production, but has had some recent injury issues. I see him being a big risk-reward type of pick.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What did it cost the Vikings to go from 23 to 17?

Their 1st, a 3rd (25), 4th (25), 5th. Although initially had thought 2nd when I posted. Didn't look at point chart so.. maybe that isn't expensive. Initial gut seemed like a bit.

Members online

No members online now.