NFC Championship - Los Angeles Rams vs. New Orleans Saints

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Those stats are also in the links I provided ...

Patriots make the AFC East look weaker than it really is ...

Interestingly enough, the stats show that the Colts and The Packers during the years have played in one of the weakest divisions during that same timespan ... - Yet, neither have been able to capatilize even remotely as much as The Patriots ...

I’m gob-smacked that people still insist to believe the wrong (naive and ignorant) notion that the AFC East is so weak ... its not a strong division, but it really isn’t as weak as ppl want it to be ... despite stats that clearly show its not ...

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m gob-smacked that people still insist to believe the wrong (naive and ignorant) notion that the AFC East is so weak ... its not a strong division, but it really isn’t as weak as ppl want it to be ... despite stats that clearly show its not ...
Depends on how you define weak. The AFC East is certainly not elite though (if you take the Patriots out). But I agree NE's success is not simply due to the division they play in. Their record against winning teams and elite quarterbacks is pretty impressive. When's the last time the Packers beat a team with a winning record (at the time they played them)?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've won so many times in so many ways imaginable, i'm done making excuses for it. They just get it done. Well coached, they play with discipline and take advantage of every opportunity that presents itself. They could be 1-15, be given an "at large" playoff game and still win a super bowl because it seems when it matters, they don't let the moment slip away.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I know that fans get tired of the same old teams year-in-and-year-out ... and the Pats in particular - I'd say that the Pats are not insufferable, it's their fans, you know? Just like the Vikings and the Bears. The organizations aren't really hate-able, it's a certain few loud mouthed fans within our sphere that make us as fans despise a team 'en masse'.

Me? I'll take an organization like the Pats anytime over a build 'em quick, toss the big money around, win a trophy and then liquidate to rebuild...but hey, WE GOT OUR TROPHY type team like the Rams. I'm sorry, they've assembled the best team money can buy for this freeking moment and then, will return to stinking for a decade ... only to resurface from the tar pit to do it all over again. The Rams are one of those BIG MONEY teams that I hope stink every year ... think-- Cowboys...

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that fans get tired of the same old teams year-in-and-year-out ... and the Pats in particular - I'd say that the Pats are not insufferable, it's their fans, you know? Just like the Vikings and the Bears. The organizations aren't really hate-able, it's a certain few loud mouthed fans within our sphere that make us as fans despise a team 'en masse'.

Me? I'll take an organization like the Pats anytime over a build 'em quick, toss the big money around, win a trophy and then liquidate to rebuild...but hey, WE GOT OUR TROPHY type team like the Rams. I'm sorry, they've assembled the best team money can buy for this freeking moment and then, will return to stinking for a decade ... only to resurface from the tar pit to do it all over again. The Rams are one of those BIG MONEY teams that I hope stink every year ... think-- Cowboys...

Fans are fans and they are the same throughout the league for the most part. Lots of Patriots fans and Bears fans and vikings fans think Packer fans are insufferable as well and we have plenty of them so I can see their point sometimes.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me? I'll take an organization like the Pats anytime over a build 'em quick, toss the big money around, win a trophy and then liquidate to rebuild...but hey, WE GOT OUR TROPHY type team like the Rams. I'm sorry, they've assembled the best team money can buy for this freeking moment and then, will return to stinking for a decade ... only to resurface from the tar pit to do it all over again.
If a team can win a Super Bowl once every decade, they're doing pretty well really.

But I would rather see a team make a big splash and then go away, than stick around and annoy us for years. As long as that team isn't the Packers, of course.

Members online

Latest posts