Next batch of Young Guys, Practice Squad

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've had a lot of contributions over the last decade come from guys who had once been on our practice squad.

Which of these PRACTICE SQUAD guys do you think will, maybe in 2014 or even 2015, help us out and perhaps work their way into becoming a good starting player?

Guys like Al Harris, Tramon Williams, John Kuuuuuhn, Jarrett Boykin, James Harrison, Victor Cruz, etc.... some guys take a little time and then they turn into something.

Here's our practice squad now (And IR which has a few young guys stashed):
I really liked what I saw of Tyrone Walker last preseason.

Barrington has some nasty to him. Maybe he can upgrade the ILB spot from Jones.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Adams is a good T prospect, Smith has potential as a Returner, Walker is a solid football player who will never be spectacular (solid #4 or 5) in his slot (I don't like him on the outside) role. Gerhart is a heavily polished :poop: and I'm not optimistic about Gillett. Anybody know anything about the Tiller, Dennard, or Lanier Coleman? I still want to see what Dorsey has under the hood.

We should also add Chase Thomas and Jeremy Vujnovich to this list as we just signed those first years. NO stole Chase from us in UDFA, and Vujnovich had a camp tryout, but never got signed.Obviously we thought highly enough of them to bring them in for offseason activities. My gut tells me Thomas will be an ILB. He played OLB/ILB at Stanford but lacks the athleticism to play OLB at the NFL level. He's a run stopper and tells me we have nobody to replace Hawk which also tells me BaRRington may wind up a bust like his curse counterpart JeRRon. Vujnovich says to me that either SheRRod is a bust or we're not optimistic about getting Bulaga a new contract.

raj34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Franklin. He was one of my favorite players in the draft, but his rookie year was a big disappointment. I hope he can bounce back.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Franklin. He was one of my favorite players in the draft, but his rookie year was a big disappointment. I hope he can bounce back.
The Cinci flashes were nice. I hope we can utilize him the same way we used Starks this year and Alex Green last year, maybe throw in a few misdirection runs

D

Deleted member 6794

Here's our practice squad now (And IR which has a few young guys stashed):
I really liked what I saw of Tyrone Walker last preseason.

The Packers didn't sign Walker to their offseason roster from the practice squad after the season ended, so right now he's not a member of the team. I was actually surprised by that move.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
The Packers didn't sign Walker to their offseason roster from the practice squad after the season ended, so right now he's not a member of the team. I was actually surprised by that move.
Nice catch! I completely missed that. Did we do that with anybody else?

D

Deleted member 6794

Nice catch! I completely missed that. Did we do that with anybody else?

Yeah. We signed RB Orwin Smith, WR Alex Gillett, C Garth Gerhart, CB Antonio Dennard, G Andrew Tiller and OT Aaron Adams. In addition LB Chase Thomas and OT Jeremy Vujnovic were signed.

So LB Lanier Coleman didn't receive a contract either.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dajuan Harris is quick and fast..for a little guy he runs well behind his pads and doesn't shy away from contact. I think if he's used correctly..and i emphasize correctly (MM) then this offense will be that much better with him spelling Lacy. Harris seemed like the only player on offense who wasn't playing scared in the Playoff game we lost to San Fran at their place. That stood out to me.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Yeah. We signed RB Orwin Smith, WR Alex Gillett, C Garth Gerhart, CB Antonio Dennard, G Andrew Tiller and OT Aaron Adams. In addition LB Chase Thomas and OT Jeremy Vujnovic were signed.

So LB Lanier Coleman didn't receive a contract either.
Grazie, but Coleman was a DT.

Latest posts