New Salary Cap Page Update

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "Unofficial Best Guess" Salary Cap page was updated February 14th. There are new columns for net effect of pre-June cuts and those after June 1st.

Some things to take note of:

1) Murphy if unable to return is a $575,000 cap hit.

2) Murphy is only one of 3 guys who if cut prior to June would have a negative impact this year. The others are Al Harris($125,000) and KGB ($864K)

3) The big drain is the remaining $3.6 million cap hit from Hunt.

4) For the long term financial good absorbing the whole hit by cutting prior to June 1 is preferred. Teamwise it may not be best.

5) Diggs is in a bad spot. Sander and Ferguson better perform as they are in weak negotiating positions.

6) I was unaware of Wayne Lucier.

The overall cap limit is not set so do not ask "How much can they spend?"
It will be between 20 and 25 million.

Kampmann, Longwell, Henderson will lower the amount by prorated Signing Bonuses and 06 salary or tagged amount.
I estimate they would take 30-35% of the cap money available.

Click on Main Menu-Packers-Salary Cap Info to see.

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With approximately 22 million in cap room before gaining any through cuts or retirements the Packers are in good shape.

I see 10 holes in the roster to fill. RB, OG, LB,and depth at DE, WR, TE, OT, QB, DT, K. Possibly another Safety.

Allowing 5 million of cap for draft choices and contingencies. 4 of 6 draft choices make the team.

2 high priced free agents at 5 million a year against the cap are signed.

2 moderate priced free agents at about 2 million a year.

3 low priced free agents averaging $750K a year.

Diggs, I like him, but he is likely a cap casualty adding 2.9 million to cap by being cut. That could add a couple of free agents or just re-signing Henderson and loss of Murphy to injury.

The Packers could have some significant upgrades and be ready to compete in September. This could be a very good offseason.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good info

i say we spend around 5 mil on a safety next to nick, and aCB.

thats where i would spend the big bucks

then get some moderate help at OG,LB and DL

then get some cheap guys for RB,K. those guys would pan out. get lucky with a gado type. and a kicker is..a kicker.

Latest posts