New rule

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
if you ignore someone, why do you care what they say or think?

It does create some issues the way it is, if someone starts a thread, it may be a good topic, but you won't see any of it even from the 30 other people you regularly banter back and forth with. I learned that one a couple years ago when I started a thread and then was told there already was one, and it was pretty active.

Since then i just scroll right past the ones I don't really care to read.

First, you are incorrect. I see threads that are started by a person I have on ignore. I don't see their posts, but I see the thread title, as well as everyone else's posts.

Why should it be a 2 way feature you ask? Simple, because there are some people that are arrogant enough to continue their drama well after they know they have been put on ignore. This is their chance to take "free shots" at that person. I would call this a forum bully. He/she thinks its ok (and still can) insult the very person(s) who put them on ignore. Even quoting them to make it look like they are trying to converse with them. Do other members know these facts? Probably not, so when the person being despareged and demeaned doesn't respond, how does that look to the rest of the forum?

How do I know this? Personal experience.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
then they've changed it, because I probably still have the screen shots of the exact page mods were sending me with the threads missing. They acknowledged it then and was a couple day process to figure out why that thread was not showing up. Turns out I had that person on ignore. Took them off and there it was.

and apparently there are people immature enough to just ignore it.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I advised somebody to put me on ignore because they appeared to have a problem with me, I also returned the favour. Seems to be working out fine as we no longer have to annoy one another.
I DO think if Shaggy could sort it, knowing who is ignoring you does make life easier. JMHO

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I DO think if Shaggy could sort it, knowing who is ignoring you does make life easier.

Yes, but it still doesn't resolve the 2 way issue not being in effect. IF Shaggy changes it to a 2 way thing, you will find out pretty quickly who has you on ignore.

2 way for those who may not understand it means that if you put me on ignore, you can't see my posts, nor can I see yours.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I’m not the greatest computer geek out there but I would like to know how a lot of you get symbols and video threads on the forum, might help me in a discussion

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I advised somebody to put me on ignore because they appeared to have a problem with me, I also returned the favour. Seems to be working out fine as we no longer have to annoy one another.
I DO think if Shaggy could sort it, knowing who is ignoring you does make life easier. JMHO
Bill no problem with me lol

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, you are incorrect. I see threads that are started by a person I have on ignore. I don't see their posts, but I see the thread title, as well as everyone else's posts.

Why should it be a 2 way feature you ask? Simple, because there are some people that are arrogant enough to continue their drama well after they know they have been put on ignore. This is their chance to take "free shots" at that person. I would call this a forum bully. He/she thinks its ok (and still can) insult the very person(s) who put them on ignore. Even quoting them to make it look like they are trying to converse with them. Do other members know these facts? Probably not, so when the person being despareged and demeaned doesn't respond, how does that look to the rest of the forum?

How do I know this? Personal experience.
I have to disagree with the first part of this. I lost a complete thread that was started by someone on my ignore list. I could search for the thread and find it, but it did not show up in my regular browsing of the forum. After I took that person off of ignore, it was right back in the list of active threads.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to disagree with the first part of this. I lost a complete thread that was started by someone on my ignore list. I could search for the thread and find it, but it did not show up in my regular browsing of the forum. After I took that person off of ignore, it was right back in the list of active threads.
As far as the two way ignore... I have to say, I kind of like it the way it is... sometimes I’ll put someone on ignore... but will still click the “show ignored content button” that way I can keep up with the other replies in the thread, but keeping the person on ignore reminds me not to engage them. With a 2 way ignore i’m assuming the other person would know i’ve read their crap and encourage them to continue trying to engage me.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally..I think people subconsciously want to know who it is just to be nosy..

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Hmmm, Might be the difference between the way you and I search for things or have our dashboards set up? I have routinely seen new threads pop up that were created by someone I have on ignore

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
With a 2 way ignore i’m assuming the other person would know i’ve read their crap and encourage them to continue trying to engage me.

With a 2 way ignore, you wouldn't see the other persons posts, nor could they see yours. Not sure how they would know if you bypassed the ignore and read their "crap".

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With a 2 way ignore, you wouldn't see the other persons posts, nor could they see yours. Not sure how they would know if you bypassed the ignore and read their "crap".
I’m assuming that if you bypassed it or temporarily took them off ignore they could then see it as well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's still the case. 2 screen shots back to back, but I put C-lee (sorry C-lee it's only temporary) and the RIP Ted thread is gone from my view.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm, Might be the difference between the way you and I search for things or have our dashboards set up? I have routinely seen new threads pop up that were created by someone I have on ignore
That is very odd ignore you shouldn’t eve seen a title

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That is very odd ignore you shouldn’t eve seen a title

I'll test it out. It also might be someone that has recently bypassed my ignore via the Mod tag, but I swear I could see threads that the other person I have on ignore created.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I put you on ignore...your thread disappeared.

So what ever it is on your end isnt right. Either its a glitch or you are miss understanding how it works?

Attachments

• A623F6E3-CFB4-4FD8-B828-85BF33B058B0.png
    A623F6E3-CFB4-4FD8-B828-85BF33B058B0.png
    330.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 502076AC-600B-4559-92C7-B1E2347886B3.png
    502076AC-600B-4559-92C7-B1E2347886B3.png
    394.7 KB · Views: 81
  • DB017855-15E0-4A61-90CF-B01D0EF2870B.png
    DB017855-15E0-4A61-90CF-B01D0EF2870B.png
    333.9 KB · Views: 80

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's still the case. 2 screen shots back to back, but I put C-lee (sorry C-lee it's only temporary) and the RIP Ted thread is gone from my view.

*Puts Mondio on Ignore to test his theory*

*Adds LTF to that list too*

:coffee:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*Puts Mondio on Ignore to test his theory*

*Adds LTF to that list too*

:coffee:
looking at my front page... Mondio wouldn’t be a very good test subject ... I don’t see any threads where he is the thread originator... and no.. I don’t have him on ignore lol.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was going to say, I'm not sure I ever started a thread other than the one I started a duplicate of I wasn't aware of, and got in trouble LOL

Scarred me

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Odd, I am getting the same results as you sane people now. Maybe I was crazy at the time or as I said, I'm thinking about a Mod that I ignored.