New rule

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, you are incorrect. I see threads that are started by a person I have on ignore. I don't see their posts, but I see the thread title, as well as everyone else's posts.

Why should it be a 2 way feature you ask? Simple, because there are some people that are arrogant enough to continue their drama well after they know they have been put on ignore. This is their chance to take "free shots" at that person. I would call this a forum bully. He/she thinks its ok (and still can) insult the very person(s) who put them on ignore. Even quoting them to make it look like they are trying to converse with them. Do other members know these facts? Probably not, so when the person being despareged and demeaned doesn't respond, how does that look to the rest of the forum?

How do I know this? Personal experience.

Lol. Who has insulted you recently? Name names, as moderators, we can handle that.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

That’s because you sir, are an adult.

*puts on moderator hat*

The ignore button is a great feature that I have no problems with!

*takes off moderator hat*

Excuse me pointing it out but last week, on this very subject, you said you wouldn`t use the ignore feature as it showed bias ?. Just saying

Last edited by a moderator:
I

I choose not to use the ignore button, that is correct. Your point?

you SAID you will not use it, but it`s a good feature. My POINT is it`s a contradiction ! How can moderators recommend using it but not be prepared to use it themselves ?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you SAID you will not use it, but it`s a good feature. My POINT is it`s a contradiction ! How can moderators recommend using it but not be prepared to use it themselves ?

Some posts I make as a regular poster, some posts I make as a moderator.

(I make very few official moderator posts)

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can moderators recommend using it but not be prepared to use it themselves ?
From what I know, mods cannot be ignored and vice versa, mods aren't supposed to use ignore.

They should validate all posts. Else it's be a unbalanced moderation of the forum.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I know, mods cannot be ignored and vice versa, mods aren't supposed to use ignore.

They should validate all posts. Else it's be a unbalanced moderation of the forum.
That’s why there are more than one Mod. Now, if this were a paying job that would be different. But it isnt. Sometimes people are oil and water and its easier to just avoid anything.

We are human, always seems people forget that

So we are suppose to read EVERY POST? How else can we "verify" every post? Thats not even possible...that is why a report button is available to everyone

I

I disagree with you, but respect your opinion on the second part. Mods cannot be ignored is true of course.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s why there are more than one Mod. Now, if this were a paying job that would be different. But it isnt. Sometimes people are oil and water and its easier to just avoid anything.
Fair point. Chances that a poster will be ignored by all mods would be very unlikely.

Members online