New rule

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I sent a mass message to EVERYONE and set option to no replies. Please read it...any questions ask here

When posters repeatedly interact after being told several times to ignore one another or drop the subject or it is carried across multiple threads, moderators will first warn the posters then implement a thread ban of the involved posters starting at 48 hours. Repeated violation of said policy will lead to further actions up to and including a permanent ban. If a moderator is involved, said actions will be implemented by a different moderator.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Whether this rule is helpful or harmful to the forum will depend on the enforcement.

What's the criteria for deciding when an interaction crosses this line and needs to be shut down?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Whether this rule is helpful or harmful to the forum will depend on the enforcement.

What's the criteria for deciding when an interaction crosses this line and needs to be shut down?
Disrespectful could be part of it

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Disrespectful could be part of it

That's my main concern.

If the leash is the right length, I'm sure this could be a fine thing that won't change the complexion of the forum too much.

But a quick hook is going to dry up a lot of discussion, which is obviously the point of a forum.

I'm just one poster, but if I'm routinely being instructed to ignore people, I'll go elsewhere. I don't say that as some sort of threat, as though I'm somehow integral to the whole site. But I think it might be important to know if there are a lot of posters who feel that way.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Good new rule IMO.

Not sure why people just can't use the ignore feature, has made my time in here so much more enjoyable.

However, I appreciate that the Mods will now take the time to "shut down the posters", instead of penalizing us all and shutting down the thread.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I believe if members are aware they are on ignore from another member, they won`t waste their time typing them a reply anyway.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
That's my main concern.

If the leash is the right length, I'm sure this could be a fine thing that won't change the complexion of the forum too much.

But a quick hook is going to dry up a lot of discussion, which is obviously the point of a forum.

I'm just one poster, but if I'm routinely being instructed to ignore people, I'll go elsewhere. I don't say that as some sort of threat, as though I'm somehow integral to the whole site. But I think it might be important to know if there are a lot of posters who feel that way.
I second this.

A quick hook as you put it makes the experience far less enjoyable.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That's my main concern.

How many times have you seen a thread locked?

How many times have you been told to ignore anyone?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I think people are acting over board and its going to happen every day

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Today? Just one, that I know of.

In the past, probably too many.

I get it, there are times where you guys think it has turned into an argument and/or has gotten way off topic for various reasons. But in reality, it is like locking the door on the classroom for that particular topic, so that nobody else can go in, when in reality, you just want to shut down the bullsh*t created by a few.

Meanwhile there are plenty of other classrooms the 2-3 instigators can head to and start it back up again.

I say you remove the problem makers from that classroom and see if they can figure it out elsewhere. Which if I am not mistaken, seems to be the new policy.

****EDIT****

BTW LTF and Poppa....Speaking only for myself, you 2 don't get enough credit for what you have to put up with here. It isn't like you are being paid. I do realize that you are working with a not so perfect system and trying to do your best. Which is why I sent the private message that I did earlier LTF, I think this is a better option for both of you.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

How many times have you been told to ignore anyone?

Not very often.

I think the mods here are pretty great.

But it’s a new rule. So obviously there’s the potential for a new level of enforcement.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not very often.

I think the mods here are pretty great.

But it’s a new rule. So obviously there’s the potential for a new level of enforcement.
Its fluid, [imo] I dont think there can be a set criteria to enforce this..maybe we can come up with something.

Anyone can give advice on this if you wish.

Ninja Jim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got an email about the new rule, felt like it was directed at me. I couldn't understand why, if that was the case as I rarely interact in this forum. Looks like maybe a blanket email for all users. Thought I was being sent to the timeout corner for a moment.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I got an email about the new rule, felt like it was directed at me. I couldn't understand why, if that was the case as I rarely interact in this forum. Looks like maybe a blanket email for all users. Thought I was being sent to the timeout corner for a moment.
They were just trying to bring you out of hibernation so that you'd make your 2nd post in 8 years. :tup:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Its fluid, [imo] I dont think there can be a set criteria to enforce this..maybe we can come up with something.

Anyone can give advice on this if you wish.

Yeah, there’s no simple way to measure it. It has to be a judgment call.

So I guess my advice is simply to try and get all the mods on the same page, erring on the side of a longer leash.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
See, it doesn't impact me because I always treat everyone with the ULTIMATE level of courtesy and respect .

Except Buggy ... Maybe Poker from time time to time ... all right maybe Mondio every now and again ... Jeez, ok... I can feel your eyes on my back.. perhaps I've snotted poppa once in a blue moon, BUT everyone else ... ULTIMATE in ... what was I saying again?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn’t even know you were here. You’re sneaky...

Members online

Latest posts