New rule

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I was surprised to find out recently that a guy I have on ignore is still able to see and reply to my posts.
Ignore is a one way street. You cannot determine what another poster sees.
Semi defeats the purpose of putting someone on ignore doesn't it? Wish Shaggy would fix that.
Feature not a bug.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I got an email about the new rule, felt like it was directed at me. I couldn't understand why, if that was the case as I rarely interact in this forum. Looks like maybe a blanket email for all users. Thought I was being sent to the timeout corner for a moment.
Lol, you’re kind of like me in the shoutbox. I just go there to watch and be entertained

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Because the purpose of a forum is for discussion, I just pray the mods will not punish someone respectfully disagreeing with someone, if someone cannot handle folks disagreeing it is their fault for joining a forum of human dialogue.

I like the rule for when truly both sides get stupid, or one side truly crosses a line, I just pray the moderators won't be quick to push it as it could easily choke the forum...

Go Pack Go!
Oh ye of little faith in your moderators. :)

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
56???? Wow... I must have missed that memo. :) Back when I was a young smurf/troll making opponents web sites miserable, that would have been a badge of honor. :whistling: Now, I do the "courtesy and respect" thing described earlier. It's my gig. It's what I do. :whistling:
I smell the distinct odor of bovine schmidtke.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Ignore is a one way street. You cannot determine what another poster sees.

Feature not a bug.

I assumed it was an option/feature of this site and not a bug or it would have been changed.

As someone who participates in other Social Media platforms that all have a 2 way ignore feature, I much prefer that system. Keeps fighting and drama to a minimum. After all, some don't recognize just how obnoxious they are and that was why they were ignored in the first place, yet they continue to act as if that poster can and wants to interact with them. It's like putting your own ear plugs in for a heckler, but allowing him to still listen to what you say and continue to heckle you to everyone else in the room.

Mods preach "use the ignore feature", but until it actually functions as a 2 way one, it is nothing but a half ***ed attempt at a solution, in my opinion.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
LTF this is the first I heard of this new rule and I have never been warned about interacting with someone, if this was a problem between be and the last poster I commented about,their was no negative remarks between us it was just back and forth comments, I thought that what we do here, if it were to a point of bickering, I would not respond and in the past I have done so when posting a reply seemed useless, if I’m banned here let me know
Please try to squeeze into our Paranoid Room. It is close to maximum capacity. :)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Please try to squeeze into our Paranoid Room. It is close to maximum capacity. :)

I don`t think it`s paranoia.....We`ve never received a PM which we can`t answer to before. I thought exactly the same as he did, and even questioned it in PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you realize how many perm bans we have of regular members? How many regular members have had a a ban of a few days or weeks?

How many people have been told to use ignore?

You are over reacting
Raising my hand sheepishly.
Once upon a time, I paid my debt to forum society.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

If I read that correctly two posters just got banned from the "Great Season" thread because of not sharing the original poster's opinion.

If that's the way this new rule will be enforced moving forward there won't be a lot to talk about here anymore pretty fast.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If I read that correctly two posters just got banned from the "Great Season" thread because of not sharing the original poster's opinion.

If that's the way this new rule will be enforced moving forward there won't be a lot to talk about here anymore pretty fast.

I hope you are joking.

Edit: Just looked.....you aren't. WTF? Come on guys really? What is the point of discussion? If I don't agree with the OP's thread title, I can't comment?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I am speechless.... which apparently is the goal?

No clue...I guess no differing opinions to avoid confrontation? 2 threads for each topic, so that one view can high five in unison and the other group can **** and moan together?

No clue.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nobody was banned. In fact they were directed to a **** and moan thread to let it all out. Every single thread posted on in the past 2 days has people that regularly do nothing but moan and new ones out of the woodwork here to just ***** and moan. The board is full of it. One thread someone wanted to just say it's been fun. Took like 1 post to turn it into another place to *****.

and not even good stuff, like the goal was cut short because Pettine called x instead of O or King played this as poorly as you could, or a reason why or why not kicking a FG vs taking 1 shot at the endzone was good or bad. just the run of the mill, we suck, everything sucks, it's all a failure waaaaaahhhhhhhh.

Zero issues directing them to the kiddie table when they're not old enough sit with the adults once and a while.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Well to change the subject, Got a question out there, has it been a thread about should Rodgers seek a trade or finish career in GB with possibly 1 Super Bowl had to ask

Members online

Latest posts