New rule

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So we are suppose to read EVERY POST? How else can we "verify" every post? Thats not even possible...that is why a report button is available to everyone
That's why I kinda miss having a futbol follower as a mod. I forget that section of this forum even exists. Or did we close it down?

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
See this is what I mean about humor I posted something got a reply back it was all in good fun, a lot of people are caught up in to much BS, you can be serious have a laugh make a point,this is invisible electronic entertainment

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Moderators don't have the ability to modify the forum's settings at the level required for this. Only @Shaggy can do that. We discussed it at our last quarterly retreat in Cabo:whistling: and decided to shelve it for now and to give the new rule a chance.

Still seeing if there is an add on to do it. So basically, if someone is put on ignore, the member that is on ignore knows about it?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
New rule that was talked about in Jan, (what this thread is about)

People were freaking out

All I can gather is Shaggy was working on a new feature for the ignore button, that of...... "if someone is put on ignore, the member that is on ignore knows about it"

Has that been implemented?

He was also going to look into a 2 way ignore (if I ignore a poster, they also can't read or quote my posts), but never heard anything more about it.

I hope I didn't put Shaggy on ignore. :D

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
less rules, not more. That's my slogan

I wouldn't view what I just talked about as a rule, more of a feature and a good one (IMO) at that. But yes, free flowing thoughts and civil conversations is always a good concept.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm tempted to make a political joke but I'll leave it be.

I'll just say "Ha ha"

Now I gotta look back and read if I "overreacted", but I highly doubt it.

Dayooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sent a mass message to EVERYONE and set option to no replies. Please read it...any questions ask here

When posters repeatedly interact after being told several times to ignore one another or drop the subject or it is carried across multiple threads, moderators will first warn the posters then implement a thread ban of the involved posters starting at 48 hours. Repeated violation of said policy will lead to further actions up to and including a permanent ban. If a moderator is involved, said actions will be implemented by a different moderator.

How big of a problem is this? One or two individuals or a large number of members. Making new rules for a couple hurts the rest of us far more

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Jeeesh, I didn't realize this went all the way back to page 1! Now that I am caught up on this "new rule" and its history, I have only one question.

Who is this Ninja Jim guy? :ninja:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
which is the point. Ignore means you can't see them. it doesn't mean they cease to exist on the forum. They haven't chosen to have any functionality removed for themselves and really, if you're ignoring them, why care what they see or respond to? you're never going to see their response anyway. I looked, I do have a couple people on ignore, some aren't even here anymore. I forgot they were even there. No clue how many times they've responded to me and don't care. Should have been a quick conversation for them when nobody replied.

Ignore causes some functionality issues like blocking entire threads started by an ignored person even if 90% of the content is from people you want to read stuff from. I don't see any need to introduce new stuff that will then limit functionality for people that aren't choosing to have it limited. just use ignore like a true ignore. If someone says something to me, I won't know and if I've already determined I don't care what they have to say, why would I care?

Members online

Latest posts