OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, I just shut off the Bot in the other sports forum. Just letting you all know! :)

You know what I could do is move the bot posts to a new section where we all know its where the bot posts and those that want to venture in can.

Last edited:

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Voted both. Grew up in northern Wisconsin but left for the Army at 19 and then have lived in SoCal since 1983 but have always lived by following the Pack, Badgers (all sports) Bucks and Brewers, and my kids, growing up in San Diego, all list those same teams as their favs, San Diego or San Fran being second ( Mom grew up Giants and 49’er fan).

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, I just shut off the Bot in the other sports forum. Just letting you all know! :)

You know what I could do is move the bot posts to a new section where we all know its where the bot posts and those that want to venture in can.

I know nothing about running websites and I just assumed having too many forums was a cost/benefit kind of its not needed and nobody uses it so why have it kind of thing but if having an "other NFL" and a "News Bot" and a Brewers and Bucks forum wouldn't be a huge drain on resources I can't really see a downside. The more options people have the better, within reason of course.

I really like that you are open to it. Some site operators are afraid to make any changes at all. Like I said I usually just check this forum but if I knew there was place I could go to get opinions on the Brewers and Bucks without joining another forum I might check them out.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The forum is a forum because of the members, not because of me. So I am always open to ideas and thoughts from you guys.

The only negative thing about adding new forum sections for these teams is if they never get used. Just looks bad on the forum when a forum section hasn't been posted in for 2 months. That's the only reason for not putting these in, lack of activity. The plus to it is that it could create more activity even in the NFL off season. So if you guys still want to talk MLB and NBA, it could still keep you guys coming back to this place during the NFL off season.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Looks like someone did add a poll for me. :p

It wouldn't be a subforum.

I did . Hope that's ok

Sure. No problem.

First....like seeing a Super Moderator having to kiss your *** LOL :whistling:

I never posted there because it would be buried by the bot

Second......totally agree with Mondio on this and glad to read you have changed it. I actually like the Bot for news, but definitely needs its own area. Like most have said, waste of time to post in that thread because the Bot buries you.

Finally, Yes on a Brewers and Bucks section. As someone pointed out, there is a Badger Football section and a group of us have fun with that. With both the Brewers and the Bucks finally having good teams, personally I have become interested in them (call my bandwagon) and I know others who have done the same.

P.S. The group of moderators you have "working" for you are first rate, give them all a raise!

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Second......totally agree with Mondio on this and glad to read you have changed it. I actually like the Bot for news, but definitely needs its own area. Like most have said, waste of time to post in that thread because the Bot buries you.

Finally, Yes on a Brewers and Bucks section. As someone pointed out, there is a Badger Football section and a group of us have fun with that. With both the Brewers and the Bucks finally having good teams, personally I have become interested in them (call my bandwagon) and I know others who have done the same.

P.S. The group of moderators you have "working" for you are first rate, give them all a raise!

They seem like they are great! Happy to have them as mods!

I do think you are right about the Bot having its own section so I will probably add up a new forum section just for it and label it to what it is. Not sure yet, but I'll come up with something.

With the Brewers and Bucks, I really want to add it to the main forum rather then a sub forum. To me subs are great in certain subjects, but I really would like these 2 forums to stand out, so I will probably and them front and center. I will just look around the forum for Bucks and Brewers chatter and then move it into the correct sections so the new forums won't have zeros showing...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I do think you are right about the Bot having its own section so I will probably add up a new forum section just for it and label it to what it is. Not sure yet, but I'll come up with something.

With the Brewers and Bucks, I really want to add it to the main forum rather then a sub forum. To me subs are great in certain subjects, but I really would like these 2 forums to stand out, so I will probably and them front and center. I will just look around the forum for Bucks and Brewers chatter and then move it into the correct sections so the new forums won't have zeros showing...

Good plan of attack on the Bucks and Brewers. Obviously, there won't be much right now on the Brewers, but the Bucks should generate some. Who knows, maybe we can turn some of these rabid Packer fans into Bucks and Brewers fans?

Posters here are pretty decent at finding threads and keeping them relatively on track. Sure we all stray and get off topic, but generally that doesn't seem to dissuade anyone from not wanting to be here. The mods do a good job at cleaning out the riff raff and breaking up a few fights, but as someone who has participated in a few other fan forums, you got a hold of a pretty "classy joint", so congrats and its nice to see you involved first hand.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Why not just go with "other Wisconsin sports " until you see how it goes. Dump Badgers, Bucks, Brewers, Booyah in it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The forum is a forum because of the members, not because of me. So I am always open to ideas and thoughts from you guys.

The only negative thing about adding new forum sections for these teams is if they never get used. Just looks bad on the forum when a forum section hasn't been posted in for 2 months. That's the only reason for not putting these in, lack of activity. The plus to it is that it could create more activity even in the NFL off season. So if you guys still want to talk MLB and NBA, it could still keep you guys coming back to this place during the NFL off season.
most of us are here year round, still debating draft picks and plays from the Ron Wolf era, though Ted probably brings more fire to the forum. Ironic isn't it?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They are worth 10 times what they are getting paid.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good plan of attack on the Bucks and Brewers. Obviously, there won't be much right now on the Brewers, but the Bucks should generate some. Who knows, maybe we can turn some of these rabid Packer fans into Bucks and Brewers fans?

Posters here are pretty decent at finding threads and keeping them relatively on track. Sure we all stray and get off topic, but generally that doesn't seem to dissuade anyone from not wanting to be here. The mods do a good job at cleaning out the riff raff and breaking up a few fights, but as someone who has participated in a few other fan forums, you got a hold of a pretty "classy joint", so congrats and its nice to see you involved first hand.

I heard the Brewers were bringing Gallardo back. Feel free to move this to different forum if it is in the wrong place. I didn't know where to put it. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I heard the Brewers were bringing Gallardo back. Feel free to move this to different forum if it is in the wrong place. I didn't know where to put it. :whistling::whistling::whistling:
Careful with asking people around here "where to put it"!

Gallardo I think has seen better days. He seemed like one of those great pitchers stuck too long in a bad organization. If I remember correctly though, he swung a pretty mean bat for a pitcher!

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's "World Football" to you unedicated hicks....:whistling::sneaky::D
Close Croak, he meant REAL football, not hand-egg with the odd kick thrown in :roflmao::roflmao:
while we're at it, could we have an area to discuss the only Scottish team to win two European trophies, the world famous Aberdeen

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of them maybe the "The Other Team Discussion". Its only being used for the RSS feed posting and doesn't seem to get alot of views. So I may shut that automated poster down, unless there are alot of objections to that.

I posted this in admin section before. Push the News Bots to their own sub-forum and let us use Other Team to.... actually discuss other teams.

Don't follow either Badgers, Bucs or Brewers so have no opinion on query in OP.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they might not understand the W word Bill

I do. It is a fictional county in Wisconsin in the TV show Married with Children and the Maiden name of the main female Character Peggy (******) Bundy.

Where they got it from I have no idea.

Wow two MWC references in one day. Life is good.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Close Croak, he meant REAL football, not hand-egg with the odd kick thrown in :roflmao::roflmao:
while we're at it, could we have an area to discuss the only Scottish team to win two European trophies, the world famous Aberdeen
Who ??

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Legendary Alex Ferguson era!

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The section is up. I added the Bucks, Brewers, and Badgers. Its located in another category section just below this one.

Do me a favor, if you see any threads talking about any of the teams, please let me or the mods know so we can move it to the right location.

Members online

Latest posts