New England Patriots

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feel free to move, if wrong forum mods. The other one is dead.

Do you all think it's end of a dynasty?

- Patricia gone
- Rumors of Bill vs Brady ego clash. Brady commenting on Butler's tweet!
Will they still be a Superbowl contender next season?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't think they'd be this year. I thought Brady's arm was showing some age at the end of last year and I didn't think it would last all of this year, but it did. I was impressed. But no, I do not think they'll be back in it next year. He makes that team go as much as Rodgers makes this one go. 500+ yards against a damn good defense. They had some pressure on him early, but once he started eating them up I'm surprised they got to him again. But they did, and made it count. It was rather Patriot'esque the way the eagles took their opportunity and capitalized.

Reaction score
I think they will always make the playoffs with Brady. I think the Superbowl will be a reach for them this coming season
I also wouldn't mind it though. I'd like to see a Rodgers vs Brady showdown before they hang up their cleets

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never said this until now, maybe it is. Still need to see what they do this offseason with the defense.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they can shore up their defense in the offseason, they have a chance. The road through the AFC doesn't look as tough as the NFC.
The Patriots never punted in this year's Super Bowl, and I heard this is the only football game in NFL history where the losing team had 600 yards of offense.
They do have a smell of decay about them though.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will they still be a Superbowl contender next season?

Yes, they'll contend simply because the AFC is weak as hell. Heck the Steelers all but lost to Hundley in their own house. That said, I expect an early playoff exit from them next year at the hands of the Chefs, Jags or Steelers.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Bill Bellichick and a weak AFC is why they are so successful. I expect this to be Bill’s Last year as a Patriots HC. It’s the only explanation for McDaniels staying in NE. This year they will be in contention but I see them losing in the AFC championship. After Bill is gone, they will be an 8-8 team until they find bradys successor. Letting JG walk was a bad long term move. Should have traded Brady at the end of this season.