New contract could be coming for Chilly

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Over the weekend, Charley Walters of the St. Paul Pioneer Press suggested that Vikings coach Brad Childress might not get a new contract until the franchise has secured a new stadium.So, to the delight of those of you who think...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Childress extension

I feel like Jim Mora right now with the line of .............Extension? Extension?. I have seen too many bad calls by Chilly and this team is loaded so I don't get the extension talk. Whats the hurry? I don't see too many teams trying to lure him away.Ziggy likes him but i think it is awful early as the vikings could be 4-2 right now very easily. Last year the fans were all over Childress and now extension talks? I don't get it.:dontknow:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Shouldn't this be in NFL news section mods?

Good news for the rest of the NFC north. He's built a pretty good team athletic wise, but can't coach it.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, give Chilly his props. He did everything, save bedding Brett Favre, to get him to sign. And, he was honest and steadfast in his belief that Favre, when healthy, is still a Top-5 NFL talent at quarterback, and it appears Chilly couldn't have been more correct.

To date, Brett's won three games for Minnesota: San Fran, Green Bay and Baltimore. And, in the process, he's now made Chilly a very wealthy man.

So, for all the schlubs that vilified Chilly for courting Brett, including a personal pick-up from the airport, it appears the laugh is on ya'll because Chilly - with one BOLD move - has made himself an extra 5-10 million dollars. Not bad for a coach that was probably going to be fired at the end of this season anyhow.

The problem is, once Brett retires, Chilly is toast. He'll need to keep Brett upright and get him to play another 2 or 3 years.

Wouldn't it be wild if, after Chilly extends, that Favre does as well? That would absolutely KILL guys like Mike Florio. LOL

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, give Chilly his props. He did everything, save bedding Brett Favre, to get him to sign. And, he was honest and steadfast in his belief that Favre, when healthy, is still a Top-5 NFL talent at quarterback, and it appears Chilly couldn't have been more correct.

To date, Brett's won three games for Minnesota: San Fran, Green Bay and Baltimore. And, in the process, he's now made Chilly a very wealthy man.

So, for all the schlubs that vilified Chilly for courting Brett, including a personal pick-up from the airport, it appears the laugh is on ya'll because Chilly - with one BOLD move - has made himself an extra 5-10 million dollars. Not bad for a coach that was probably going to be fired at the end of this season anyhow.

The problem is, once Brett retires, Chilly is toast. He'll need to keep Brett upright and get him to play another 2 or 3 years.

Wouldn't it be wild if, after Chilly extends, that Favre does as well? That would absolutely KILL guys like Mike Florio. LOL
Are you saying Favre only came to Minnesota because of brad Childress?
He is still the same guy that everybody wanted fired last year and Brett would of still tried to sign with them with whoever was coach. The players have his back but some of the Chilly ball and what not plays that he calls I just don't understand. Brett has 13 million on the table for next year if he wants it so bring on the chilly!

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Are you saying Favre only came to Minnesota because of brad Childress?
He is still the same guy that everybody wanted fired last year and Brett would of still tried to sign with them with whoever was coach. The players have his back but some of the Chilly ball and what not plays that he calls I just don't understand. Brett has 13 million on the table for next year if he wants it so bring on the chilly!

Honestly I don't understand why so many people seem to "hate" Childress ...

And it would seem that Childress has the full support of his team, which could also be a reason why the Vikings are where they are right now ...

Granted there are calls made that makes people wonder ... However given the past history the Vikings have had under center, it's a little difficult to "blame" that entirely on Childress ...

The tenure so far under Childress has been steadily improving ... and just because the fans don't "love" the coach, doesn't mean that the coach is bad ... I do, however, think that Childress might be a little too "cerebreal" for the "average" NFL Fan overall ... And I'll admit that he isn't a person that "sells himself" well on Television, - but that is not what coaches are supposed to do ... Coaches are brought in to win ... and so far Childress has delivered, in terms of results ... Hindsight is always 20/20 ...

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happened in Green Bay after Mike McCarthy got his new contract extension for one great year?

Members online

Latest posts