Negative nancy

Reaction score
The Dallas offense is arguably the most potent offense on the road this year... In the NFL
We just held that Offense to 7 points the entire 2nd half, along with the fact of a fumble by our a Offense and s short field producing 7 first half points.
I think they have adjustments to make but I think I grade them at B- today. If they play B grade football in Seattle...we have a legit shot at another title

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After we stopped Dallas the first drive, and Dallas scored the second, there was a lot of, "We can't stop them today. We have to put up a lot of points." Crazy considering they already did get a stop already at that point.

Also, the consistent "Fire Capers" right after an individual player screws up. Did Capers tell that guy to mess up on purpose?

I don't mind being worried or questioning some things, but when all logic goes out the window, that's when I get annoyed. (Like Cheeshead's recent post calling the defense ****.)

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I assure you, the over the top negativity is far more annoying, far.

You ignored my point in order to quibble.

Since you're not moderating, it makes even less sense for you to ***** about something you're not obligated to consume.

It's as silly as listening to someone complain about a television show they've been watching for two and a half seasons. If the chat box is so damn unpleasant for you, quit visiting.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You ignored my point in order to quibble.

Since you're not moderating, it makes even less sense for you to ***** about something you're not obligated to consume.

It's like listening to someone ***** about a television show they've been watching for two and a half seasons. Life is short. If the chat box is so damn unpleasant for you, quit visiting.

Oh I did leave the chat box, I just wish it would generally be a bit more levelheaded, less foolish of a place so I didn't feel compelled to leave.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I did leave the chat box, I just wish it would generally be a bit more levelheaded, less foolish of a place so I didn't feel compelled to leave.

I feel that way about this forum generally- it's a pain-in-the-*** to filter between the negative nancies and the blind optimists. There are some good posts that make it worth it, though.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
The defense was ****. I don't know how we keep defending them. It's almost effortless for teams to move the ball on us. If it wasn't for Peppers strip and that call, everyone would be up the defenses ***.

That is so true. Had Peppers not try and poke the ball out Murray had a WIDE OPEN lane to the endzone.

This D is at time not very good.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be enjoying this victory except I jumped off a cliff in the first half, declaring this team stinks and everyone should be fired. It was a hard landing!

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
It's always tough for me to watch tight games like today's, but my sense of hope prevailed as the second half unfolded.

My only negative feeling is with Clay Matthew's post game locker room interviews. I realize the media asks childlike questions full of wonderment, but these days, Matthews' interviews are untenable. He doesn't smile or joke like the old days. I don't know if it's contempt for the media or something else, but he can sure use a lift somehow.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't Pepper's strip part of the defense though? Bottom line is they got it done.

Ugh... Can we be any more apologetic toward this defense. Jesus! It's not acceptable any more. Leaving people wide open in the middle of the field, watching runners just plow through what appears to be a pile, Playing 20 yards off the receivers while allowing 20 plus yard first down conversions, and missed tackles all over the field. That is not good defense.

Just because we pull out the win doesn't automatically excuse the defense from playing terribly.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh... Can we be any more apologetic toward this defense. Jesus! It's not acceptable any more. Leaving people wide open in the middle of the field, watching runners just plow through what appears to be a pile, Playing 20 yards off the receivers while allowing 20 plus yard first down conversions, and missed tackles all over the field. That is not good defense.

Just because we pull out the win doesn't automatically excuse the defense from playing terribly.

Dallas is a good offense. They average 29.2 points per game.

Did they score 40 today or was it only 21? Also the defense forced a big turnover and got a stop on 4th down late.

You could argue this defense could have played better at points in the game, but to say it was terrible overall is completely incorrect.

In fact, they allowed 86 less yards and 9 less points than Seattle did against Dallas.

Did you even watch the game?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The over-the-top negativity in the chat box is about as obnoxious as your gloating about it here.

If moderating the chat box is so ******* terrible, longtimefan, maybe you should quit. Life is short.

So your telling to stop *****ing ---By *****ing? Why is it you are allowed to express your feelings to me, but I have to quit?

Btw---I don't mod the chat box-I hardly ban or edit-- other mods don't either

I am expressing my thoughts just like you did to me

We have people (myself included) that leave or avoid it because of the over the top negativity..

We shouldn't be having that--

Last edited:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Did they score 40 today or was it only 21? Also the defense forced a big turnover and got a stop on 4th down late.

You could argue this defense could have played better at points in the game, but to say it was terrible overall is completely incorrect.

In fact, they allowed 86 less yards and 9 less points than Seattle did against Dallas.

7 points in 2nd half vs the #1 rated passer , rb and wr in td

Reaction score
Well, I've tuned into chat for every game and I'm damn glad it's available b/c I haven't always had the privilege to receive the Packer game each week in my region, so I "live and die" via the observations and sentiment posted during the games. I have only posted comments during those games that I am watching "live" and few comments as they were, to the best of my knowledge, each one has been a jubilant reaction to a positive play. Well, yeah, I may have berated the zebras, occasionally (like maybe, today) and I won't deny that. It's a natural reaction. But I just choose not criticize the offense, defense, special teams and/or certain players on the chat and again, that's just me. To each, his/her own! And I'm not here to preach, but our D is what it is and evidently, it must be a lot better than the defenses of the 28 teams that will not be having the chance to win the SB this year. Missed some tackles, some costly penalties, sure, but still held a good Dallas offense to 21 points and we're moving on. That said, I thoroughly enjoy the chat during games and reading everybody's opinions, good or bad. Hell, I don't expect die hard Packer fans to just sit on their hands during games. I don't! My wife can testify to that! GO PACK GO!

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Stats don't always tell the tail of the game. If I told you that we would have 300 yards passing, 3 passing TDs, and over 100 yards rushing without watching the game, you'd think it would be a blow out.

They drove down the field at will. If the offense had stalled at any one of the last 3 possessions, this would have been an entirely different game. You can guarantee our offense is going to stall a few time vs. the Seahawks. The problem with a bend, don't break defense is eventually they break.

Did they get absolutely destroyed? No, they didn't. But it's very irritating to watch teams consistently convert 3rd and 20 and watch missed tackle after missed tackle. Once again the opposing running back went over 120 yards on us. Had they had a better game plan and handed off more, they would have dominated the time of possession. That team was consistent having 2nd and short and 3rd and short situations.

Playing a team like Seattle and giving up 123 yards to Lynch is just not going to get it done. Like I said, bend don't break defenses are great when you're up by 3 scores. I'd much rather have a simpler scheme and a hard nose defense like Seattle, Arizona, or St. Louis. Far less mistakes.

I know, I know… The rebuttal will be where are they and there were games that they gave up a crap load of points. Well, two of those three teams have anemic offenses and put their defense on the far too often.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stats don't always tell the tail of the game. If I told you that we would have 300 yards passing, 3 passing TDs, and over 100 yards rushing without watching the game, you'd think it would be a blow out.

They drove down the field at will. If the offense had stalled at any one of the last 3 possessions, this would have been an entirely different game. You can guarantee our offense is going to stall a few time vs. the Seahawks. The problem with a bend, don't break defense is eventually they break.

Did they get absolutely destroyed? No, they didn't. But it's very irritating to watch teams consistently convert 3rd and 20 and watch missed tackle after missed tackle. Once again the opposing running back went over 120 yards on us. Had they had a better game plan and handed off more, they would have dominated the time of possession. That team was consistent having 2nd and short and 3rd and short situations.

Playing a team like Seattle and giving up 123 yards to Lynch is just not going to get it done. Like I said, bend don't break defenses are great when you're up by 3 scores. I'd much rather have a simpler scheme and a hard nose defense like Seattle, Arizona, or St. Louis. Far less mistakes.

I know, I know… The rebuttal will be where are they and there were games that they gave up a crap load of points. Well, two of those three teams have anemic offenses and put their defense on the far too often.

They drove the field three drives and had 315 total yards. That's not driving at will at all.

Also, the Cowboys didn't even have one 3rd and 20 or more all game let alone convert one. No idea where that comes from. EDIT: They did have one 3rd and 23, but did not convert.

It's easy to pick one stat like the 120 yards, but overall 21 points is what matters the most.

Your argument is based on comparing to other defenses and hypotheticals - if the offense stalled or if they had a better game plan. The results of the game say the defense was fine though.

I honestly do not see how anyone can complain about holding Dallas to 8 points less than their average and allowing no points when it mattered most.

Last edited:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
We have people (myself included) that leave or avoid it because of the over the top negativity..

We shouldn't be having that--

I am one of them. I joined the chat box a couple times during games, but found it too ridiculous and maddening due to the negativity. So, I don't join anymore.

It might help moderate things if the entire chat box log (during games) were subsequently posted for the archive. Then, posters might be more thoughtful in their posts as their words could be used against them in future debates.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They drove down the field at will.

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/56497/GB_Gamebook.pdf

8 times Dallas had the ball----
52 total plays---Average of 6.5 plays per drive..
3 drives less than 15 yards total

That means 5 drives left, one which was fumbled

So 4 drives left

One was a missed FG where they only got 38 yards

So 3 drives left

One drive was a horrible missed tackle on Williams for a 38 yards TD--

2 drives left---that they had 12 play drive and a 6 play drive for the TD

If the offense had stalled at any one of the last 3 possessions, this would have been an entirely different game.

This is a common theme with people..They use WHAT IFS to justify why the defense sucks.. The def gave up 7 point in the 2nd half...SEVEN points to the #1 rated passer, RB and WR in TD..That is crazy good.

But it's very irritating to watch teams consistently convert 3rd and 20

A consistently 3rd and 20? That is another common theme--people over over exaggerate situations..

Can you show us those consistently 3rd and 20 conversions?

Once again the opposing running back went over 120 yards on us. Had they had a better game plan and handed off more, they would have dominated the time of possession. .

Last bolded part is another "What if"

What if Rodgers wasnt hurt???

We are up by 20 at half...And Romo would be forced to throw more, which he would have forced throws for ints.

Please I want cheese to answer my questions- no one else

Ty

Last edited:

Sky King

Reaction score
Generally, I find chat rooms to be an unnecessary distraction from watching the game. On the one hand you have the Pollyannas who can see no wrong. Then there's the Grim Reaper types who want to throw the team into a grave and shovel dirt on them for not being perfect on every play.

An NFL game is hardly life or death and I prefer not to be around those who would conduct themselves as though it is, even if its only a chat room. Perhaps many folks in the chat are insightful but I prefer not to have to sift through lumps of coal to find gems. Give me an HD television, a dog on my lap, a libation in one hand and the TV controller in the other and I'm a contented game-dayer.