Negative nancy

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/56497/GB_Gamebook.pdf

8 times Dallas had the ball----
52 total plays---Average of 6.5 plays per drive..
3 drives less than 15 yards total

That means 5 drives left, one which was fumbled

So 4 drives left

One was a missed FG where they only got 38 yards

So 3 drives left

One drive was a horrible missed tackle on Williams for a 38 yards TD--

2 drives left---that they had 12 play drive and a 6 play drive for the TD

This is a common theme with people..They use WHAT IFS to justify why the defense sucks.. The def gave up 7 point in the 2nd half...SEVEN points to the #1 rated passer, RB and WR in TD..That is crazy good.

A consistently 3rd and 20? That is another common theme--people over over exaggerate situations..

Can you show us those consistently 3rd and 20 conversions?

Last bolded part is another "What if"

What if Rodgers wasnt hurt???

We are up by 20 at half...And Romo would be forced to throw more, which he would have forced throws for ints.

Please I want cheese to answer my questions- no one else

Ty
Either the Cowboys 'will' was to punt or someone doesn't know what the word or phrase means.

Or maybe there was some guy named Will standing in the endzone. I don't know.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am one of them. I joined the chat box a couple times during games, but found it too ridiculous and maddening due to the negativity. So, I don't join anymore.

It might help moderate things if the entire chat box log (during games) were subsequently posted for the archive. Then, posters might be more thoughtful in their posts as their words could be used against them in future debates.
This is a great idea!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am one of them. I joined the chat box a couple times during games, but found it too ridiculous and maddening due to the negativity. So, I don't join anymore.

It might help moderate things if the entire chat box log (during games) were subsequently posted for the archive. Then, posters might be more thoughtful in their posts as their words could be used against them in future debates.

it is, but only mods can see them

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, bottom line is that I have most severe ****** itches on ignore.

I'm not budging on the defense irritating me like a bad laxative at times. I'm sorry if some disagree. .. ok ... I am over that "sorry" stuff too. Tell you one thing though, I was surprised at a couple of the guys who called the game halfway through the 2nd quarter. Granted, the o-line started getting beat pretty badly for a stretch...but I still thought the Cowboys were not in control even though Rodgers was hurting bad.

The D held their own...and kept the Pack in it... they called the game wayyy too early.

I didn't believe that they'd overtun Bryant's catch...but I thought the Pack would score anyway...good game to watch.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack defense invites a lot of negativity. Pack offense came out playing great took he ball down on the first drive and scored. Instead of feeding off of the momentum and getting fired up, the defense relaxed and gave up two long td drives in succession. They looked soft and slow for most of the first half so it isn't't negativity to point out the lack of spirit on the defense when it has often melted in the face of adversity in big games. As a fan I want the Packers to win the Super Bowl. Anything less is failure just like Lombardi said you play the game to win championships. Those fans who are satisfied with being in the final four don't understand that you are either s champion or a LOSER!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pack defense invites a lot of negativity. Pack offense came out playing great took he ball down on the first drive and scored. Instead of feeding off of the momentum and getting fired up, the defense relaxed and gave up two long td drives in succession. They looked soft and slow for most of the first half so it isn't't negativity to point out the lack of spirit on the defense when it has often melted in the face of adversity in big games. As a fan I want the Packers to win the Super Bowl. Anything less is failure just like Lombardi said you play the game to win championships. Those fans who are satisfied with being in the final four don't understand that you are either s champion or a LOSER!

This is my issue

game tied 7-7

I took out the posters name and used Nancy instead :)

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:53 AM - NANCY : Yep D cant stop the run Rodgers is playing hurt = we are fd

Someone notices this and says this

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:54 AM - NOT A NEGATIVE NANCY: Yep that Dallas run game is averaging 3 ypc. Game over.

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:55 AM -NANCY: fk this game

So game is tied at 7....."NANCY" says we cant stop the run even tho it was only 3 yards per carry...Then says **** this game

Those are the posters that ruin it for a lot of us

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/56497/GB_Gamebook.pdf

8 times Dallas had the ball----
52 total plays---Average of 6.5 plays per drive..
3 drives less than 15 yards total

That means 5 drives left, one which was fumbled

So 4 drives left

One was a missed FG where they only got 38 yards

So 3 drives left

One drive was a horrible missed tackle on Williams for a 38 yards TD--

2 drives left---that they had 12 play drive and a 6 play drive for the TD

This is a common theme with people..They use WHAT IFS to justify why the defense sucks.. The def gave up 7 point in the 2nd half...SEVEN points to the #1 rated passer, RB and WR in TD..That is crazy good.

A consistently 3rd and 20? That is another common theme--people over over exaggerate situations..

Can you show us those consistently 3rd and 20 conversions?

Last bolded part is another "What if"

What if Rodgers wasnt hurt???

We are up by 20 at half...And Romo would be forced to throw more, which he would have forced throws for ints.

Please I want cheese to answer my questions- no one else

Ty

Nope, you're absolutely right. I'm wrong and this defense is perfect. I will stop critiquing it and I will be completely satisfied putting this defense on the field during critical situations from now on.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Wait, it isn't over yet?!?!!

I played out the game in my mind last night. All Packers fans are going to be stressed out to the max... but when all is said and done, Packers fans are going to be happy that they didn't give up the ghost at halftime. I feel it in my tired old bones. If you're expecting a re-run of week one, you're not going to get it.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, you're absolutely right. I'm wrong and this defense is perfect. I will stop critiquing it and I will be completely satisfied putting this defense on the field during critical situations from now on.

Nobody said the defense is perfect. There's just a difference between criticizing it all the time even when it's doing fine vs. criticizing it only during times it's bad. There is no justification to saying the defense was bad overall on Sunday, which has been pointed out by multiple posters.

You even made up something to try to say the defense was bad, which makes no sense to do.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your telling to stop *****ing ---By *****ing? Why is it you are allowed to express your feelings to me, but I have to quit?

Btw---I don't mod the chat box-I hardly ban or edit-- other mods don't either

I am expressing my thoughts just like you did to me

We have people (myself included) that leave or avoid it because of the over the top negativity..

We shouldn't be having that--

If there's no reason for you to subject yourself to the negativity of the chat box, then why do it?

I'm not *****ing about you. I'm suggesting that you stop making yourself miserable. Life is short and if the chat box gets you down, do something else during telecasts.

You think the chat box shouldn't be so negative? -Welcome to the internet.

Narveson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I played out the game in my mind last night. All Packers fans are going to be stressed out to the max... but when all is said and done, Packers fans are going to be happy that they didn't give up the ghost at halftime. I feel it in my tired old bones. If you're expecting a re-run of week one, you're not going to get it.

Preach it brother!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just figure the guys who are typing away in the chat box every game all game long simply don't have any friends. There's usually a reason for that.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So instead of explaining your exaggerated answers you back in corner?

We all know the def isn't the best, but if your going to make claims on things at least back them up

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If there's no reason for you to subject yourself to the negativity of the chat box, then why do it?

I'm not *****ing about you. I'm suggesting that you stop making yourself miserable. Life is short and if the chat box gets you down, do something else during telecasts.

You think the chat box shouldn't be so negative? -Welcome to the internet.

I come in chat for maybe 5 mins total at the start of games and maybe near end to (yes) gloat when Packers are winning

Once it is obvious the complainers are in full swing before 1st q is over, I leave

I still have the right to ask for them to chill out (or at the very least) call them out

Have you noticed how many posters said they avoid chat box because of the over the top complainers? I am not alone in my thinking....

Do I think it will stop? Nope, but I am hoping some may realize they are making others avoid chat..

Btw I prob have been "online" about as old as you are lol--so I am fully aware how people are

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think anyone is 'satisfied' with being in the final four, and I think every Packer fan wants to win the Super Bowl, but I can't imagine going through every season feeling like it was a "failure" if you don't and that 31 of 32 teams are losers. I think at one time I had that kind of lack of perspective but I sure hope I've grown since then.

Also can you show us the famous Lombardi quote where he says "You play the game to win championships?" As much as I love famous quotes I even more love throwing some inspirational tagline out there and falsely attributing it to someone.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The biggest difference is that WE THE FANS do not play the game. I can understand that for players and coaches and other who invest a significant portion of their lives actually striving for that championship that not becoming champion may be considered failure (I don't but hey, I guess I'm not as motivational as Lombardi) but we as fans do not do that. We sit on the sidelines and we cheer when they do well and we complain when they do poorly and some even complain when they do well and yes, some even cheer when they do poorly. That's what we do we cheer and we complain but we don't succeed or fail. We are not champions or losers we are fans.

Do you really think that cowboys fans should consider this season a failure? They were figured to be 8-8 at best and they cam close to making it to the NFC Championship game. As a player or a fan I would not say I would be satisfied with that but I would be impressed with it and I certainly wouldn't consider the season a failure or the players LOSERS.

Do you really think Lombardi thought of all of his games he lost (as a player or coach) as failures. Do you think he thought of himself or his players as LOSERS every time they didn't win. Some of the most inspirational and heartfelt speeches in sports came after a team loses. I guess David Belisle should have just told his little league world series team they sucked and were nothing but a bunch of LOSERS.

I'm not saying how one should be a fan. That is up to the individual to decide. Whatever he/she decides does not make him/her any better or any worse fan than anyone else. If the Packers don't win or even don't make it to the Superbowl I won't wail and gnash my teeth over it. I'll be disappointed and depending on how they lose their last game I may even be a little upset about it but at least I know I'll pretty much be over it by Monday morning and I will be able to look back on season of ups and downs that brought my team closer than at least 28 other teams to winning it all. They may have lost the game but I won't consider them LOSERS.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
That's your response to LTF's post #48? I understand emotions run high in-game but your post #41 was written after emotions died down (or should have). LTF answered your critique point by point, didn’t he? Instead of admitting that your critique was exaggerated you sarcastically insinuate that LTF is alleging the D was perfect?

Look, all Packers fans would love for the Packers D to be dominant and it isn’t. Most, if not all fans of other teams would love for their team’s offense to lead the league in scoring, but only the Packers’ did this season. IMO adambr2 is right, we all know what the goal is, but we also know only one team attains that goal each season. I’ve posted more than once that I really don’t care about individual Packers players winning awards because I care about winning championships. But realistically I know the best an organization can do is put the team in position year after year to compete for the ultimate goal. The Packers are one of four teams still in it. If you believe Vegas odds, they likely won’t win Sunday and if that happens the ‘negative nancys’ will have their day. But I would hope most Packers fans can maintain some perspective if the Packers don’t win it all. Of course that’s not to say all or any aspects of the organization are above negative critiques, but if Lombardi is the standard, no organization will match his 5 titles in 7 seasons. There’s a reason he’s considered the greatest HC in the history of the league.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I could, I would snap my fingers and as Fan X is screaming "OMG! Why didn't Cobb turn up field and break through those arm tackles on the end around!" and he would instantly find his fat lazy *** in Cobbs place takeing the handoff as he takes his 2nd step a 315 # behemoth comes up impossibly fast and hits him in the midsection. When he comes to and his teeth stop rattling he realizes he fumbled and gave up a TD he wonders how Cobb was able to pick up 4 yes onthe same play. He would also suddenly realize that the other team is comprised of amazing professional atheletes who are just as dedicated and just as passionate about winning as the Packer players. You just can't win every battle and every play.

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it interesting that there are a few of these types in our chat too. But as the one poster said, you all have both ends of the spectrum...happy as all get out and bottom is falling out and we are all gonna be stuck in quicksand forever. It is the nature of having people discussing things with others as fans. Have a great day.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is 'satisfied' with being in the final four, and I think every Packer fan wants to win the Super Bowl, but I can't imagine going through every season feeling like it was a "failure" if you don't and that 31 of 32 teams are losers. I think at one time I had that kind of lack of perspective but I sure hope I've grown since then.

Also can you show us the famous Lombardi quote where he says "You play the game to win championships?" As much as I love famous quotes I even more love throwing some inspirational tagline out there and falsely attributing it to someone.
The Lombardi quote is from the Packers 2010 Super Bowl DVD . The DVDS starts with Lombardi explaining why he wasn't satisfied with merely winning a single championship. I did not use quotation marks as I was paraphrasing the greatest coach of all time but he made views known on numerous occasions about his antipathy for losing. Football is a game where success is easily measured. In that way it differs greatly from non games. But in the game of football there is one champion and 31 losers.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my issue

game tied 7-7

I took out the posters name and used Nancy instead :)

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:53 AM - NANCY : Yep D cant stop the run Rodgers is playing hurt = we are fd

Someone notices this and says this

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:54 AM - NOT A NEGATIVE NANCY: Yep that Dallas run game is averaging 3 ypc. Game over.

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:55 AM -NANCY: fk this game

So game is tied at 7....."NANCY" says we cant stop the run even tho it was only 3 yards per carry...Then says **** this game

Those are the posters that ruin it for a lot of us
lol you are right i remember seeing this. I was like dang its still the beginning

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have noticed that a number of those chatters don't regularly post in this forum much, and I believe others have brought that up too. That definitely rubs me as unusual, if they claim to be committed Packer fans who you would think would want to bring some thoughts about the team to the table during the week.

On the other hand though, there are those, who as it was addressed in the other topic, come out and get the totally wrong ideas about our opponents, ones like claims about the Cowboys' defense being no good, and other such jibberish that I saw throughout the season. Some people too just simply forget this is the playoffs, and teams don't get this far into them by being bad. There's a reason the Cowboys were 12-4 and won the NFC East, and it was because they stopped the December meltdowns, and were a good team.

The reason that chat gets irritable is because people simply don't realize that there are games that are going to be challenging, and whether a team has to win by holding off charges in a low scoring 16-13 game, or score a ton of points in 45-38 shootout, that's the sign of their strength is winning the kind of game that's being played. So far, our guys have been what I'd call very good at doing that. There's a lot of excitement I find in these games as well, and if it wasn't for that, Packer games would be no fun to watch. I mean hey, I don't mind getting some blowouts on the TV vs the Bears, Vikings, and if one happened against the 9ers next time, I'd love that too, but you can't have that every week in football.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you really think Lombardi thought of all of his games he lost (as a player or coach) as failures. Do you think he thought of himself or his players as LOSERS every time they didn't win.
Not sure if this was supposed to be rhetorical, but the answers are 'yes' and 'yes'. Having lived in Wisconsin during the Lombardi years and having watched every documentary I can, I'd add that he felt some of the games he won were failures, and the players had better not try that again.