najeh davenport

Canadian packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anymore surprise that no other team has offer Davenport a contract. Any team could offer him a contract that the packers could not match and all they would have to give up is a 4th round pick.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
No one wants to do the bargaining for the packers. You know they will match almost any offer basically wasting any one elses time. Any offer that is sure fire that packers wont match is way too much for a oft injured RB when this draft is littered with good potential RB.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would agree, for the most part, that that's the reasoning...
We are RB heavy this year in the Draft.

Course, FA isn't over yet, either! The Blackout hasn't happened yet!

swartzcatz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want the Pack to keep Davenport. Even though he's been injured..so has most running backs in the league. He's fast and strong, and can bull his way for those critical yards. In my book..he's a keeper!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
With Green being 30 I think he's gonna begin to slide a little. I think it's probably best to keep Davenport on with Fisher.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SwartzCatz's right - Najeh (Sofa) Davenport ...is a Keeper!
I've always liked our three-tandem RB situation - and Tony Fisher could, with a little help, actually learn to take Green's place... they do tend to run the ball somewhat the same. Batman just happens to be better at pullin' the trigger than Tony Fisher is at this stage of the game. But, I'm thinkin' that's gonna change...

If we lose anyone in that trio - it'll be Najeh - Sherman & Co have already said so!

Rhino58

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was that Davenport who had that 100 some yards rushing game? If it was, didn't he have a hamstring injury?

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rhino58 said:
Was that Davenport who had that 100 some yards rushing game? If it was, didn't he have a hamstring injury?

176 i think, on monday night and he's got a hamstring injury almost every week.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the Fish offered a 2nd round pick for Najeh I thought we should have taken it. My thinking was:
1.It would be an early #2 because the Fish weren't very good.
2.We would probably lose Najeh to free agency.
3.If Green got hurt our backups couldn't take us to the SB anyway. 5.Trouble staying healthy.
4.As a backup Fisher offered as much with his pass catching.

I like Najeh. I was hoping he would come the UW when they were recruinting him. I just thought an early #2 would help us more in the long run, instread of losing him after this year. As an unrestricted free agent we'll probably on get a 6th or 7th round pick if he leaves.

grabthar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another move by TT that he was ripped for on some forums, yet in retrospect, looks like a great move. Who wants to give up a 4th rounder for a RB who just had shoulder surgery and has never been healthy for a year?

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always thought Davenport was great. I never understood why he wasn't used more. He is still young and that would be a good deal to get him for a fourth round pick. I would take that, he can really get you the tough yards, he would look great in purple and gold!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
grabthar said:
Another move by TT that he was ripped for on some forums, yet in retrospect, looks like a great move. Who wants to give up a 4th rounder for a RB who just had shoulder surgery and has never been healthy for a year?
Agreed - All I care about is that he have a completely healthy season with the Pack - just one.... After that, if the Packers want to barter him out for advance early round draft picks - pending new meat gets drafted to take his place(?) - then, that's fine. It's his health I see as a dominant factor - no matter which color uniform he puts on! Look at it this way - he's having a hard time with injuries now, and that's playing on a real football surface - one wonders how he'd fare cutting sideways on astro-turf on a fake field.?? Many a RB have seen their careers ended on astro-turf! Barry Sanders being the one glaring exception to the rule.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts