My time at Fan Fest

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a really great time there this year. I wasn't expecting much when i first got there, as the 4 autographs only thing kind of had me down. I got Coach McCarthy's autograph for Friday, and Cullen Jenkins, Don Beebe and Will Blackmon for Saturday.
Saturday, while I was waiting in line, some people that I had met at the previous Fan Fests saw me and just GAVE me tickets for Robert Brooks and Nick Barnett's autographs. I was telling another guy how I wanted to get Aaron Kampman's auto on a pic I took of him at practice 2 years ago, and how i didn't get his ticket. The guy told me he had Kampmans auto allready, and gave me a ticket for his auto. Alot of the people had left early, so alot of the players had time left over after they had signed the "ticket" autographs, so they started just signing for anyone that wanted their autograph. So beacuse of that, i also got Corey Williams, Fuzzy Thurston, LeRoy Butler, Patrick Dendy Daryn Colledge and Nick Collins! I also got Bob Harlan's sig on a pic i took of him.
Friday night, Fuzzy Thurston was signing copies of his book (for $40) and I didn't have the money to buy one, so i asked if i could get my picture taken with him. He motioned me to come over, and i had a guy snap it for me. Hopefully it will turn out good.
I took the locker room tour, and it was really neat. They opened the training room and weight room, so we could see that too. I also learned that they have a full basketball court, and a couple racket ball courts, and a golf simulator. They also have their OWN barber shop, and they bring up a barber from Milwaukee to do the African American players hair for them the way they want it.
Bart Starr was there Friday night as a surprise guest. I wasn't one of the lucky ones to get his ticket though. They had Fan Fest employees going around and handing out blank auto tickets for it randomly. They didn't even tell the people what it was for. One guy tried to trade his for a Nick Barnett ticket, but the guy wouldn't trade! (I bet the guy with the Barnett ticket was kicking himself AFTER he found out what he missed out on!)
All in all, it was a fun time that turned out better then i thought it would!

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesy Poot! Glad to hear you had a good time. Anytime the Pooter has a good time, it makes me smile!

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if spending time with the Packers made you happy :rubeyes:

Seriously, glad that you had a good time Cheesey. :thumbsup:

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only a nice break from all the rumors, but sounds like you had one hell of a time!

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you all! It was alot of fun!
And it's true........i hadn't seen a thread in here lately that was anything but trade stuff, or i hate TT stuff. I thought it might be a pleasant change of pace to tell of my time at Fan Fest.
Hedder......it was about 40 degrees there, and i stayed at the Road Star Inn right across the street from Lambeau Field.

Trippster.......i think the only thing that could have made the time better is if YOU had been there with me! (Remember the first Fan Fest? Man, THAT was FUN!!!)

Dan, Fuzzy seemed to be in real good spirits! He couldn't really talk, but he was smiling the whole time i saw him there. He's a REALLY nice guy!

Now Vikes.....you KNOW that your just jealous that the Vikings don't have anything like Fan Fest! (If they did, only 130 people would show up, and 129 would leave before it was over. Leaving poor Vikesrule all by himself!) :rotflmao: Now seriously.....thanks Vikes!!!

Allabout........i was considering not posting about it, as i didn't want to make people that couldn't go feel bad. But i figure it would at least let everyone know what it was like there.

Gopack......it WAS a great time! As you can see, i put the pic of me in my avatar that was taken at Lambeau Field. Thats a thing they do now, they take your pic, and you can have it superimposed on either the "Game Day" program, or like you were actually in the stadium bowl. The nice thing is that they don't charge for it, it's free. Then they give you a card, which you type the numbers into your computer, and you have the image permanently. You can send it to people, or print it, anything you want.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if spending time with the Packers made you happy :rubeyes: :thumbsup:

Local revenues help pay for stadiums...

Thanks for the report Cheesey.
I think the players enjoy it perhaps not as much as the fans.
It is likely a good sign Nick Barnett was there.

Are you going to post photos?

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish i COULD post photos, but i don't have a scanner hooked up to my puter. I have one in storage, but i don't know if it will work with this puter or not. If i get a chance, i'll see if it will work. It might take me awhile though.
And you know what? It seemed like the players actually DID like the interaction with the fans! And Barnett was signing autographs for the fans Friday night for those that didn't have his autograph ticket.

I had Barnett sign a photo that Trippster took of me and Barnett at the first Fan Fest. Barnett looked at it and said "Man! I look like i really needed a shave that day!" :rotflmao:

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like a killer time Cheesy, but I hope you got Dendys autograph on a seperate ball then the rest or its gonna ruin the value of the rest of them. :twitch:

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like a killer time Cheesy, but I hope you got Dendys autograph on a seperate ball then the rest or its gonna ruin the value of the rest of them. :twitch:
LOL! Actually, i had him sign a picture that i took of him last year at practice!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patrick Dendy is a good football player...just think, Ahmad Carroll could be in the mix.

Just kidding...hope to see GB upgrade the #3 cornerback slot this off-season sometime. Anybody know how Blackmon is coming along?

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was on the lookout for you Cheesey; I did find one guy with blond hair, pony tail, and mustache, but it wasn't you.

I will probably write something up and post pictures but it will take a few days as I have other committments.

It was a nice time. :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schmitty said:
LOL! Actually, i had him sign a picture that i took of him last year at practice!

I'll pay you for it..... 1 Million dollars

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the report, cheesey. I always enjoy reading stuff like that. It doesn't make me jealous at all. It's good to know that fans are able to meet some of the legends and current players.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Schmitty said:

I'll pay you for it..... 1 Million dollars

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
LOLOLOL!!! (I'm holding out for TWO million!) :rotflmao:

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Thanks for the report, cheesey. I always enjoy reading stuff like that. It doesn't make me jealous at all. It's good to know that fans are able to meet some of the legends and current players.

I wish ALL Packer fans could expierience it! And unlike the last 2 Fan Fests, it seemed alot more organized, and the players were talking and laughing with the fans.

Veg......i was HOPING that you would see me and come up to me. I of course had NO idea what you looked like, so i didn't know what to look for!

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veg......i was HOPING that you would see me and come up to me. I of course had NO idea what you looked like, so i didn't know what to look for!

Yah, I didn't see much point in saying you should look for the white guy wearing Packer gear. :whippin:

Saw only three pony tails, guess I needed to find the fourth. :)

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Yah, I didn't see much point in saying you should look for the white guy wearing Packer gear. :whippin:

Saw only three pony tails, guess I needed to find the fourth. :)
Saturday i spent most of my time going from player to player getting sigs.
That might be why you didn't see me.

Members online

Latest posts