MNF

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Monday Night Football will be on ESPN in 2006.
Sunday Night Football will be on NBC in 2006.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/f ... index.html

This kind of bothers me...

The NFL will continue to show all cable games on free, over-the air television in home markets. That means local stations will carry ESPN's Monday night games in the cities of the teams involved.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree I think for people who don't have cable it really sucks especially since Espn and ABC are owned by the same company. The flex scheduling I also don't like being a season ticket holder because you can plan for a noon game and then 4 weeks before the game have it changed to NBC's Sunday night game that is crap...

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but seriously, if don't get espn...are you really a sports fan? before i got the ticket, espn was my only guide to football coverage, that and the local paper. a football fan can't live without espn.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
but seriously, if don't get espn...are you really a sports fan? before i got the ticket, espn was my only guide to football coverage, that and the local paper. a football fan can't live without espn.

Some people live on a tight budget that limites their cash flow. Example, those who are in college and can only work part time to make it by just might not be able to shell out 30-40 to get cable.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
arrowgargantuan said:

Some people live on a tight budget that limites their cash flow. Example, those who are in college and can only work part time to make it by just might not be able to shell out 30-40 to get cable.

go to a bar...pool hall if you're underage.

a interested fan would find a way.

Rhino58

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have cable and was kind of disapointed with this news. Oh well, at least there will be sunday night football! Heehee

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
I've already read the other two quotables on this comment....

I'd rather listen to FoxSports on the Radio than have to put up with agenda-oriented ESPN.. I can tell ya that right outta the gate!

That crap about Donovan McNabb was just plain rubbish, hands down! ONLY AFTER things were being argued over about the guy did he bother with killin' the Soup commercials and actually focusing on Football. Had it not been for the uproar, then the Eagles would probably never even made it past the first round of the playoffs this year....

AT THAT TIME, McNabb simply wasn't that great a football player, let alone Quarterback - it was all invented hype! Donovan owes a certain radio Host a big Thank You for that kick in his backside to wake him up - the Philly media was waaay too busy pushin' him as the next great "black" QB.. and he hadn't yet earned it.... In my book, Culpepper is just "as good" as McNabb - he just doesn't have the same tools to work with.

ESPN SUCKS - it's not their call how Officials should hand out punishments or favor one team versus the other - their job is to comment on history, not create it... Our local Radio Sports channel has gotten bigtime better since they cut the ESPN types loose... First Team on FOX and the rest of their Crews are exactly what Sports Radio needed to rejuvenate themselves..... screw ESPN! They never gave the Packers a fair shake anyway - as Packerfans, I'd think you guys would vote for just about anyone else except that channel. I mean really...

"What the hell's goin' on out there?"

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who sticks up for Rush Limbaugh? hahaha...that guy has his head so far up his *** a breath mint would get offended!!!

the fact is, ESPN is the best TV sports coverage you're going to get buddy. whats the other option...Fox sports network? the best damn sports show? gimme a break.

i fully agree that ESPN has gone downhill the past few years with that "Players" football drama, that "Dream Job" BS, "Tilt", and a few others that are responsible for sensationalizing the sports world. thats why you can find me watching ESPNews the majority of the time and sometimes ESPN2.

during the football season they do have a few quality programs during the week that break down games and analyze teams and certain plays/players excellently. so if you can't seperate the good from the bad, then of course you're gonna have a problem.

another point i have to make here...half of the fun for me is watching a desk jockey run off at the mouth when it is perfectly clear to me that he's wrong. then i get riled up and next thing you know im yelling at my TV...good times!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather hear HONEST coverages which Chris berman & Company don't truly care about!

Now, you have your opinion - but FoxSports is takin' over - whether you care to face it or not.
Only PTI seems to keep its head on most sports issues - all others are asking Polling questions - about which way the wind blows.. that's not solid ground on any issue "when" you keep doing it that way. What do you do when another group comes along and changes things which you'd prefer? Polling does exactly that, my friend! I'd rather see a solid bedrock foundation to live on and live from! You can count on it - and when others try to sway it - it's incredibly hard to do.

Ya gotta admit Best Damn Sports is a funny show... IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE!
Aside from early Sunday AM on ESPN - THERE ARE NO CREDIBLE SPORTS SHOWS to glean real info from... they are repetitive and redundant ALL THE TIME! I spend more time learning things on the web and almost always BEFORE CHRIS BERMAN will talk about it "on air" - ya see, he has to clear it from upstairs first.... while we, on the web, don't NEED to ask permission first....

ESPN is NOT the best place to get coverage on almost any sports issue and hasn't been for several years now.... So, up yours with the putdowns on a "non-sports commentator trained" soul who simply spoke the truth about Donovan McNabb agains the wishes of the "Politburo Philly Sports Writers Club" which owns Chris B and Tommy J. and many, many others!

AND TO BOOT - THEY HAVE NOW CORRUPTED MNF...... I ain' thankin' 'em for that!
You may feel it necessary to bow before them, but this is one guy who doesn't suck up... ever!

Also to add - Almost all other Sports Commentators on Radio AGREED with one Rush Limbaugh - so jump to the Leftist zieg-heil all ya like blindly, I might say.... You've obviously missed out on the real commmentary of the day over that issue and just about any other since... including the scenario where ESPN felt they were the ones handing out punishments last year on several instances.... including the Pistons/Pacers brawl... the instigator, of the melee, got a free pass thanks to ESPN and David Stern abiding by their wishes.... real sad!

ESPN SUCKS

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my god...you are clueless.

first of all you're sticking up for a man who's whole claim to fame is CONTROVERSY. thats the only reason he was there in the first place. it sure as hell wasn't because they valued his vastly sports knowledge. are you kidding me? secondly, he was right up there with some of the worst football commentators i've ever heard. he's a blowhard, and i feel sorry for you if you feel the need to stick up for him because of your political views...this has nothing to do with politics. leftist views? Jesus prez, i knew you were irrational but thats bad even for you.

i have no idea why you mentioned Chris Berman twice...i can't stand Chris Berman. i seriously think he has a learning disability and an awful sense of humor or lack there of. you are so dramatic it's almost entertaining...now i'm bowing before them?? don't act like an *** prez, im trying to have an adult conversation with you.

i was kidding when i brought up the best damn sports show...i had no idea you actually watch that ****. thats exactly what it is...****. aside from John Salley, he actually provides some decent insight and perspective. other than that, that show is a crapper, and a testament to the quality programming on fox sports.

taking over? hahahahaha....do you own a fox sports hat?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I, of course, expected no less.....

Not one mention of any specific show which demonstrates your contention... then to flip-flop (oh-oh) about ESPN commentators.... Hmmmm! The one reason he was invited on the Show was to allow someone who knew, a little bit, how to handle themselves before a camera - You, or myself, doing that would be the real laugh... a sad one at that. ESPN was... and still is... trying to be political... whether you care to acknowledge it... well, that's your business! Keeping it strictly for Sports commentary so we know what's going on, apparently isn't enuf for ESPN - they have to push it into other arenas....

And, BDS Show is just as comparable to "Around the Horn, btw - a real crapper as you put it!
Especially with that new Ring Leader for the Clowns.... the more it changes, the more it stays the same!

I notice you avoided the comparison about leading one by the nose with their Polling ploys.... No one said the "man-on-the-street" was a TOP NOTCH football commentator - but he did (with others totally agreeing with him) nail Donovan and the Philly Sports Writers Club.... nailed it perfectly.... only in Philly did they figure to find fault with the statement made.... the uproar about ESPN afterwards made itself known righteously at a Tampa Bay football game not too long afterwards - we all saw the ESPN SUCKS signs on TV - BY THE FANS.. partner, by the fans!

On top of that - when it came time for rebuttal, if you will, by the regular Show hosts... it took almost three days to comeback with something (meaning someone else had to figure out what to say - they weren't gonna be witty - - and when they did, it was suddenly APPLES & ORANGES - but worded in such a way to step right past ordinary souls who weren't really listening - like selling lemons on a car lot.... They twisted what had actually been said to suit their true hidden(?) agenda... Whether the Supervisors & Managers of the Show liked it or not - C & T were out to kybosh the setup and hoodwink the public in the process... the man-on-the-street wasn't one-of-them so he was gonna be out - one way or the other - and this was from the getgo!

The reason, my friend, that Rush was there in the first place was NOT because Chris and Tommy had had an epiphony on doing a Sports Show - puh-lease, really now - those two? It was because their Supervisors thought it to be a good idea... He was specifically chosen because he did have a small modicome of sports knowledg, and at least some tenure behind a microphone with the hootspa to stand up to Pied Piper mentalities.... and readily admitted outright at the start that he was NO expert - which you seem to need to allude he was pretending to have.. he was one-of-us.... instead of us being forced to listen solely to C & T....

You keep reducing the commentary to high school like retorts all the whole avoiding a critique of ESPN - slamming one Chris Berman ain't gonna sell... leaving all the others a free pass is like becoming David Stern and avoiding NBA players who act like thugs on the Court.... There are several Radio Commentators who should actually be on Sports TV - but while the current crop hold sway - they won't be allowed the chance which would liven up Sports Shows everywhere...

As much as you implement ridicule on FoxSports - they have more Channels and don't exactly need... to play dictator in the process.... Hey, even the NFL has decided to create their own Show - leaving ESPN behind in the process - it's only a matter of time before it will be the ESPN of the gone-by years.... a back-in-the-day type rhetorical saga.. of sorts.... I figure to see the MLB_TV & NBA_TV stations start crankin up.. and only FoxSports will have the materials to assist....

I bet you even have a few ESPN T-shirts Coffee Cups and hats yerself.... sorta came with the magazine subscription, eh? (almost free, ya know)

BTW - I do have some Bob&Tom gear - a few Indiana Blood Bank hats.. cause I give regularly... and all others are PACKERS! Go figure!

Clueless huh - snappy retort... if ya haven't graduated yet...!
Ya notice I try to stick to facts, not write them off to suit myself.....
Politically speaking - that's a dodge to not facing one's responsibilities...
The only real clown on BDS would be Tom Arnold - course, look he married...
The rest of those guys are sports athletes, for the most part who yak from experience!
ESPN Hosts apparently need to create Shows about themselves for promotion!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you try to stick to facts? you must be a glutton for punishment.

you babble incessantly paragraph after paragraph prez. i don't need to write a novel to get my point across. if i tell you the football shows/commentators i love on espn are you gonna watch them? hell no you're not. you're far too stubborn for your own good, and your mind is made up. thats why i hate having arguments with you, it's like talking to a f@cking wall.

i honestly could care less what sports channel you watch. it makes no difference to me...but the fact that you actually considered Rush a worthy voice for sports television speaks volumes about the gap in between our tastes. we are nothing alike, and its best this conversation stops here.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey remember we are all on the same team kids, as long as we bring in different news from different sources for everyone to share that's all that matters! And that the Packers have a kickin' season.

:chest:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks RYAN - that was the actual focus of my points....
Instead of talking about the subject matter all I was getting was... let's shoot the messenger.. instead of elaborating on the message... big difference in our political (?) tastes....

Remember AG - I'm the one who created our Club Motto (my sig ?)
It doesn't preclude "shooting the messengers when they don't agree with you through indoctrination (or whatever) I didn't lambaste you for preferring ESPN until you started spittin that kill the messenger rot....

Thanks again RYAN - I'm sure the two of disagree about Michael Moore, as well!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPB, Slick and Arrow, you guys have all been around on our board since we opened last november. I am glad to have you all still here, just don't like it when some of our biggest contributors fight with each other.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
prez, i don't have anything against you.

but if i happen to disagree with you, thats all it is, a disagreement. at first i even partly agreed with you...so this shoot the messenger stuff seems kinda tacky to me. besides, we're exchanging opinions, not absolute truths.

by the way, micheal moore is an exploitative douchbag.

i love having the ability of thinking for myself. 8)

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ryan said:
IPB, Slick and Arrow, you guys have all been around on our board since we opened last november. I am glad to have you all still here, just don't like it when some of our biggest contributors fight with each other.

hey man why ya bring me into it? lol

ive got my boxing gloves put away!!! :D

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
SlickVision said:
ive got my boxing gloves put away!!! :D

only because you got a weak right!! hahaha...

i keed, i keed. :lol:

took me a second to catch on that one lol... i may have a weak right hook but i have one helluva foot for ur bootay!! :D

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, that was too much back and forth to sift thru but just cuz it's sorta on the topic, i would love to kid that wannabe best damn host in the face. chris something i think.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
wow, that was too much back and forth to sift thru but just cuz it's sorta on the topic, i would love to kid that wannabe best damn host in the face. chris something i think.

oh i know which guy you're talkin about...agreed. i haven't seen that show in a really long time but i remember they used to make fun of him all the time. yeah i hated him too. :beer:

Members online

Latest posts