1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

MM is just about on the hot seat

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by armand34, Dec 13, 2010.

1. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Give me a break! We barely lost a game where almost EVERYONE was expecting us to get blown out, including a large contingent on this forum. I would say MM did one hell of a job of preparing Flynn for his first start against the best team in the NFL. Jeez! The glass is always half empty around here, isn't it????

2. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    No.

3. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    I didn't say anything about preparing Flynn did I? Did I say he is a bad quarterbacks coach? Uh...... no.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983

I figured so,

I moved it for ya

5. Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7

Keep apologizing for a crappy coach and you will soon become the new Washington Redskins (or the current)....

6. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I am LOVING Mike's post game presser.

"I don't care what you guys think, we came here to WIN."

Love it.

7. Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7

We came here to win, and I messed it up... per usual.

Help me Stevie Mooch, you're our only hope

8. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    he had another 3rd and short deep ball for no apparent reason late in that game too. every time flynn went to throw it deep i thought it was gonna be picked.

overall, nice mix of run and pass. short pass game was doing pretty well. flynn struggled with the blitz all game long and it payed off for the Pats.

9. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Thanks. When I'm pissed off, I'm not an organized venter.

10. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983

Ok, what did he do wrong

Man up and lay it all out

then tell us what YOU would have done

11. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I'm thinking there's nothing McCarthy can do to please you guys.

He's got a million and a half starters out, including his star QB. And he took that team, on the road, and came damn close to knocking them off. His playcalling was fantastic, to me. Nice mix of run and pass, he kept the ball out of Brady's hands, he did tons of things right.

Did he let an O-lineman run 71 yards on a kick return? Did he cut off his route causing an INT and then miss every tackle on the return? Sometimes players lose games.

I've said this a few times already today, but I'm just proud that we showed heart and made it close. A lesser coach would've let all these injuries implode his team.

12. VendettaXVIII

VendettaXVIII Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    McCarthy deserves to lose his job after this. There's absolutely no excuse for not getting a play in when your in you 2 min offense. I'm tired of having a coach thats pretty good at everything except the things that win the close games

• Like Like x 2
  13. Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Did he go to the well too many times at the goal line (Kuhn)? Did he run a draw on 3rd and then throw a bomb on 4th? Did he continually keep Slocum on as special teams coach? Does he continually lose close games? I can play this game too Jess...

14. Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7

Absolutely.... this is the part that I feel Jess misses so often. Heck yes he does an alright job sometimes, but he finds a way to screw things up royally when it counts.

15. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    And with a better head coach we could be sitting pretty with a single loss or two. What's your point? That losing by a little is better than losing by a lot?

16. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    This.

However, the judging of this coach isn't over. He's not amazing because of what he's done so far this season, and he's not instantly fired because of what he's done.

He's judged based on what he does in this offseason. If he realizes what we need to do to win and make it far in the playoffs, he stays. Get rid of Slocum (seriously, this guy goes) and revamp our strength and conditioning department.

My caveat: I don't know what goes behind these departments, and I don't know exactly who should fill these, hopefully, soon-to-be vacant spots, but I do know that they don't know what they're doing.

I'm sorry that I'm not an NFL employed perfect personnel, but I know, as an ignorant fan, that this **** needs to change.

17. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983

Still waiting for CARD to explain

18. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Kuhn is our short yardage back. He ran him twice and then threw. I don't see an issue with that.

Are you talking about the Detroit game with that next point? I've been openly against that call. Belichick went for it on 4th and 2 against Indy last year and they lost. Should New England have fired him? It's one call, it didn't work, get over it.

Slocum has to go, yes. I agree there.

Rodgers continually loses close games as well. All our players do, should we get rid of them?

19. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    I can't believe Flynn was that unprepared in the final minute. Did McCarthy really never go over that potential situation with him? He's been there three years... TERRIBLE job by McCarthy there.

He coached a fantastic game for the first 58 minutes. Now if he'd just learn to coach for the final two, we'd be an NFC powerhouse for years to come.

And Fire Slocum. Peter Griffin shouldn't be running back kicks...

20. Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Belichick doesn't consistently lose games with mismanagement annnnd he has won super bowls, plural... he is the the greatest coach since I have been alive. That is why he isn't fired for messing up once... because he consistently wins. Mike McCarthy not so much.

Let's ask Peyton Manning which team he would rather face in the playoffs.

PS...Try to tell me Belichick hasn't won with injuries.

21. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983

This is 3rd time

What would you have done different tonight in place of MM

Then tell me what games Bill won with injuries?

22. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Oh LTF, for the record I thought MM's game plan was great.

But he failed in the 4 minute drill most specifically managing timeouts, and it seemed like he was too worried about scoring with too much time left rather than just trying to score. His math didn't seem to add up. And I just don't see why he should be let off the hook for it.

23. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    I think the final 4 mins can be laid more on Flynn

24. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I'm betting he's talking about when Bledsoe got hurt and he rode Brady to a Super Bowl.

I don't think that team was missing nearly as many players as ours is, though.

25. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983

Or when Brady went down

I waiting to see a post saying Bill was missing at least 10 starters and won games