MM is just about on the hot seat

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then I prefer being delusional. It is so much more fun looking forward to Sunday knowing we are going to kick ***. Now thinking we were going to beat the Pats with a backup QB and half the original starters may have been delusional, but thinking we had a CHANCE of beating them IMO is not.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nahhhhhh

The team should be 12-0 dontcha know

Great! I thought we only had two games left.

Just a personal thought...isn't this topic a liitle old? Week after week of bashing even when the Packers win.

Let the season play out and then put focus on MM, trades, draft choices.

Merry Christmas.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Under McCarthy, the Packers are 5-15 in games decided by a touchdown or less. They lack the mental toughness to win close games against quality opponents. I believe this is the coaching staff's fault, and it won't be rectified until McCarthy is fired.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers fail to win another game this season, which I believe is going to happen, then McCarthy and Thompson should both be on the proverbial "hot seat"!

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Under McCarthy, the Packers are 5-15 in games decided by a touchdown or less. They lack the mental toughness to win close games against quality opponents. I believe this is the coaching staff's fault, and it won't be rectified until McCarthy is fired.

That's because when we get a lead we play conservative defense and very conservative offense. Ever notice we stop blitzing when we're up by a couple scores and sit in a cover2 or zone all day? Our close games can be won with proper game calling. Hell, nothing wrong with pulling a beli-cheat and running up the score. That way we ensure they don't come back and win lol

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers fail to win another game this season, which I believe is going to happen, then McCarthy and Thompson should both be on the proverbial "hot seat"!

for whatever reason i cant see them losing 4 straight games. idk. even if we lose to the Giants i feel like we'll beat the Bears.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but don't think we can afford to get beat by the Giants. We could get beat by Chicago and still back in to the playoffs if the Giants get beat by Washington the last week. Get beat by the Giants and we are out. Anyone?

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we lose to the Giants we're out of the playoffs

if we beat the Giants and lose to the Bears then the Giants must lose to the Redskins and we'd get in

If we win both games we're in

obviously the easiest way to get in would be to win both games, but yes if we lose to the Giants then we are done.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be more worried if they weren't home games, but as it is the Pack has a slight edges. No worries :happy0005:

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sanchez probably isn't going to play against the Bears, that means they'll win that game. They hold the tie-breaker over the Eagles, if they win out, they earn the second seed and a first round bye. We already know that the Packers ar going to lose to the Giants, so that will make four straight losses.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read something said Sanchez may be good to go, but at least that game doesn't matter as far as GB making the playoffs, but I'd rather they play Chicago. Of course they did beat the Eagles with no Vick. What would be great is that NO could fall to 6 seed (miracle) and Tampa would have to beat NO at the end but wouldn't it be sweet to be #5 and play the rams, or SF or Seattle? Just realized we are off topic.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
This is quite comfortably the funniest post I've seen since I've been here. Not long of course, but if you can rank at the top it's gotta be funny.
They lack the "mental toughness"????????????????
Let me ask you this, have you ever been shot at?
OK, too hard,
have you ever had to feed three children on 20/K a year?
Wait, still too hard,
Have you ever been unemployed in a competitive market?
OK, last question, have you ever been a coddled professional football player?
Let's be honest, coaches have to get the players to buy into the system, but I'll not fault coaches if players are not inclined to help. Coach McCarthy has players coming from all areas of free agency, he has them playing well and committed to his plan.
What, exactly, would you suggest his flaw in coaching is?
How do you get the most expansive collective team, more free agents and backups to have "mental toughness"
I really, really want to know.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I know is that the Packers have shown a complete inability to win close games during McCarthy's tenure as head coach. Virtually all of these losses have been because of critical errors at key moments in games. If you don't want to attribute these losses to a lack of focus, a lack of mental toughness, then what accounts for it? The head coach is ultimately responsible for his team's performance on the field, he has to have them ready to play 60 minutes of football, not 55 or 58, 60. Under this coach the Packers have been unable to consistently play 60 minutes of error-free football against a quality opponent. That failure is going to cost them a shot at the playoffs despite having a roster filled with playoff caliber talent. Some of us are incensed over this fact, and some of you keep making excuses for McCarthy. There is, however, absolutley nothing humorous about this situation!

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Sanchez probably isn't going to play against the Bears, that means they'll win that game. They hold the tie-breaker over the Eagles, if they win out, they earn the second seed and a first round bye. We already know that the Packers ar going to lose to the Giants, so that will make four straight losses.

that would make how many games the bears played this season against backup qbs? they arent gonna play backup qbs in the playoffs

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just found this thread from 2010. We all know how that season turned out. Perfect example of jumping the gun too soon.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people need to come apologize for their posts in this thread. I don't think crow has been served.

Did I see a let's bring in mike leach post?

Some characters in this thread. Oh how is miss GnG angel

Members online

Latest posts