Mike McCarthy 1-year extension

EdH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's too bad! McCarthy needs to go! He's lost his edge and all of his play calling has become predictable.

EdH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy should have given himself a pink slip! He's blaming everyone else for his mistakes!

EdH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how long MM has to turn things around (1 maybe 2 years and the most?), but I am guessing his leash just got a lot shorter and his hanging rope a lot longer. He now has enough rope to hang himself.
I hope that he hangs himself before the season starts! Too bad they gave him that extension! McCarthy needs to be shown the door. Every team in the league can figure out what play he's going to call in each situation. He's too complacent and hasn't come up with anything new in at least two seasons!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I really hope the hanging himself is a metaphor and not hoping he really kills himself

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That was a typo autocorrect mistake.

That’s the 10000 dollar question, but they were always walking hand in hand with every move. The thing is what did McCarthy do to prepare Hundley during preseason and practices in the event of a Rodgers injury. Rodgers was already concussion projne and arm injury prone. McCarthy couldn’t adjust with the people he had. The Oline was awful, he owns what his coordinators do. How is Mike still around when we’ve had a revolving door of coordinators at ST and Offense? Play calling responsibilities have gone back and forth...He owns everything Dom did. Mike is the Head Coach and the buck stops with him. What a horrible leader to put the failings on subordinates.
I know it's old..but Hundley really only had two pre seasons, correct? He was hurt in 2016?

Concussion prone and arm injury prone?

You didn't say knee.. If your insider info is right.. You knew he hurt his knee vs the chargers in 16? When clements was calling plays..I think It was same knee he had acl replaced with a cadaver acl in college

Gonepackin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I included two injuries that caused him to miss time in the NFL previously.....want me to list every scrape he's had? Those were big injuries.

Beerd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The coaching staff change I want McCarthy to make is the strength coach. He must be sick of loosing players to dumb hamstring or calf injuries. It's been a problem longer then Capers was.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This silly argument again..... fine... it's hard to make an assessment without a baseline. Sure a lot of us are curious to know how McCarthy would do on a TEAM built without Aaron Rodgers.... but we have never seen it. Making arguments about games played with multiple backup QBs none of whom are or were any good.. is pointless. Mcarthy is not the GM so blaming him for them is also pointless. Therefore we have no way to know how good he might be on another team without a Hall of fame QB. Then again how good is any coach without that...

I never blamed MM for the personnel. I blamed him for his mediocre offensive scheme that relies on the players beating coverage, not actually, you know, being original or innovative with the offense. I'm sure we'll all be super excited to watch at least one more year of MM NOT making in-game adjustments and ******** up games the Packers should win.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never blamed MM for the personnel. I blamed him for his mediocre offensive scheme that relies on the players beating coverage, not actually, you know, being original or innovative with the offense. I'm sure we'll all be super excited to watch at least one more year of MM NOT making in-game adjustments and ******** up games the Packers should win.
you mistake not making adjustments, for not having opportunities. You also don't know what is called, what is changed, what the defense does in response. Don't mistake lack of execution or lack of ability by those running the show on the field to run something else as lack of creativity. 2TE's, we've run it, 3 TE's, we've run it. 3 wide, 4, 5 wide, we've run it. beat your man, rub routes, picks, WR, TE, RB FB bubble, shovel, we've run them. Read option? We've run it, stretch play, play action, hail freaking mary, we've run them all, multiple times.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you mistake not making adjustments, for not having opportunities. You also don't know what is called, what is changed, what the defense does in response. Don't mistake lack of execution or lack of ability by those running the show on the field to run something else as lack of creativity. 2TE's, we've run it, 3 TE's, we've run it. 3 wide, 4, 5 wide, we've run it. beat your man, rub routes, picks, WR, TE, RB FB bubble, shovel, we've run them. Read option? We've run it, stretch play, play action, hail freaking mary, we've run them all, multiple times.

I'm sure you're right. Every year when MM trots out his traditional, non-innovative offense that eschews modern concepts (to be fair though he DID try and use some rub and pick plays this year) it's every one else on offense that's preventing his true genius from showing.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure you're right. Every year when MM trots out his traditional, non-innovative offense that eschews modern concepts (to be fair though he DID try and use some rub and pick plays this year) it's every one else on offense that's preventing his true genius from showing.
and you're probably right, the inability of Hundley to consistently deliver a catchable ball probably had nothing to do with the offense looking like it did last year. and when he did deliver a catchable ball, Jordy's 2 drops for 1st downs, Kendricks' 2 drops on 3rd down for 1st downs, CLarks drop in the endzone, and Geronimos drop for that would have been a 1st down in that last vikings game for example, were on all MM's terrible offensive game plan LOL at least 16 more plays to run and at least 7 points missed were all on MM LOL

be honest, you read some talking head about a traditional offense or formation and you have no clue if what you read was true or not, but it sounded good. So you're clinging to it. I wonder if someone put up a formation of the Packers on offense if you'd even get 10% of the calls right when predicting what they were going to run. and maybe, just maybe, we run an offense catered to our HOF QB's strengths? Maybe?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and you're probably right, the inability of Hundley to consistently deliver a catchable ball probably had nothing to do with the offense looking like it did last year. and when he did deliver a catchable ball, Jordy's 2 drops for 1st downs, Kendricks' 2 drops on 3rd down for 1st downs, CLarks drop in the endzone, and Geronimos drop for that would have been a 1st down in that last vikings game for example, were on all MM's terrible offensive game plan LOL at least 16 more plays to run and at least 7 points missed were all on MM LOL

be honest, you read some talking head about a traditional offense or formation and you have no clue if what you read was true or not, but it sounded good. So you're clinging to it. I wonder if someone put up a formation of the Packers on offense if you'd even get 10% of the calls right when predicting what they were going to run. and maybe, just maybe, we run an offense catered to our HOF QB's strengths? Maybe?

There's the rub. You have to go from one QB to another- with a drastic difference between the two- in the span of one play. What was tailored for and worked with Rodgers will almost certainly not work with Hundley.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Gonepackin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bump. I was right about Mike. Where are all of you MM lovers??? You all blamed Ted and Dom. Hmmmm.

robbypark

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how everybody blamed Dom Capers for all the Packers' defense issues and not McCarthy who is obviously the real problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts