Mel Kiper mock 1.0

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is Mel Kipers first NFL mock draft this year (1.0)

1. Tennessee: DE Joey Bosa (Ohio State)
2. Cleveland: QB Jared Goff (Cal)
3. San Diego: OT Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss)
4. Dallas: DE DeForest Bucker (Oregon)
5. Jacksonville: DB Jalen Ramsey (FSU)
6. Baltimore: OT Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame)
7. San Francisco: WR Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss)
8: Miami: DE Shaq Lawson (Clemson)
9. Tampa Bay: CB Vernon Hargreaves (Florida)
10. New York Giants: LB Myles Jack (UCLA)
11. Chicago: LB Reggie Ragland (Alabama)
12. New Orleans: DL A’Shawn Robinson (Alabama)
13. Philadelphia: DL Robert Nkemdiche (Ole Miss)
14. Oakland: OT Jack Conklin (Michigan State)
15. LA Rams: QB Paxton Lynch (Memphis)
16. Detroit: DL Jarran Reed (Alabama)
17. Atlanta: DE Kevin Dodd (Clemson)
18. Indianapolis: OT Taylor Decker (Ohio State)
19. Buffalo: DE Jonathan Allen (Alabama)
20. NY Jets: LB Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame)
21. Washington: CB Mackensie Alexander (Clemson)
22. Houston: QB Carson Wentz (North Dakota State)
23. Minnesota: WR Josh Doctson (TCU)
24. Cincinnati: WR Will Fuller (Notre Dame)
25. Pittsburgh: CB Kendall Fuller (Virginia Tech)
26. Seattle: CB Eli Apple (Ohio State)
27. Green Bay: DT Austin Johnson (Penn State)
28. Kansas City: DT Kenny Clark (UCLA)
29. Denver: RB Ezekiel Elliott (Ohio State)
30. Arizona: OLB Leonard Floyd (Georgia)
31. Carolina: DE Emmanuel Ogbah (Oklahoma State)
32. Vacated (New England’s pick forfeited from Deflategate)

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but I am not big on DT pick in the 1st. But as said above mocks are mocks.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do these Mock Draft guys even have a job ? Their job is based solely on speculation, besides the top 5 picks no one really knows what teams will pick. I don't think these guys ever really guess correctly who ends up in the NFL?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do these Mock Draft guys even have a job ? Their job is based solely on speculation, besides the top 5 picks no one really knows what teams will pick. I don't think these guys ever really guess correctly who ends up in the NFL?

Well, they aren't 100%, but I'm guessing Mel Kiper Jr. who is employed by the worldwide leader of sports and specializes in college football scouting knows a little something about who has a chance to be drafted.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kipers Ability predicting last years draft:

Might as well play The Power Ball if you think anyone will get it completely right.

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/arti...ck-Draft/1607b36f-bf36-45eb-8481-fc5480d7a177

http://insidethehuddle.tv/draft-hq/grading-gurus-mel-kiper

The guy obviously has a good understanding and knowledge, he did pick 28 of the 32 first rounders correctly, that is not bad at all, i would never expect them to pick them all correctly.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The point of what I was saying was, he's qualified and has watched more film and done more analysis than most is all.
Wasn't disagreeing with you at all. Trying to predict the draft is no easy feat, some think Kiper is annoying but many respect his knowledge. I typically run right to his mock drafts for information, because he knows his stuff.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't disagreeing with you at all. Trying to predict the draft is no easy feat, some think Kiper is annoying but many respect his knowledge. I typically run right to his mock drafts for information, because he knows his stuff.

Okay, wasn't sure, missed the agreement font LOL. I agree, I like Kiper. I could listen to him talk draft all day.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, they aren't 100%, but I'm guessing Mel Kiper Jr. who is employed by the worldwide leader of sports and specializes in college football scouting knows a little something about who has a chance to be drafted.

Can't tell if you're defending him or not. There are some real idiots employed by the sports networks, so that's not a ringing endorsement. This forum, or at least those in it who care, know a little something about who has a chance to be drafted. None of them, however, make big bucks doing it.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kipers Ability predicting last years draft:

Might as well play The Power Ball if you think anyone will get it completely right.

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/arti...ck-Draft/1607b36f-bf36-45eb-8481-fc5480d7a177

http://insidethehuddle.tv/draft-hq/grading-gurus-mel-kiper

Also can't tell if you're touting him or not. Neither of those linked articles says anything very impressive. I'll bet that using the Delphi Method in this forum would result in at least a B- grade or a 22% hit rate.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Also can't tell if you're touting him or not. Neither of those linked articles says anything very impressive. I'll bet that using the Delphi Method in this forum would result in at least a B- grade or a 22% hit rate.
I'm being quoted here more then Mel Kiper Jr. himself. Like I said, I think he does a good job at a very difficult task. Both of those articles point out what he has been good at and what he hasn't been so good at. But like I said, if you are expecting perfection on draft pick predictions, you might as well play the lottery.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kiper is pretty decent at projecting how well a College player translates to the NFL. With that said, he goes by team needs when picking the player that each team will choose. Maybe he thinks we wont bring back Raji and Guion. If that is the case, then yeah, DT will be a need. But who knows in the end.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't tell if you're defending him or not. There are some real idiots employed by the sports networks, so that's not a ringing endorsement. This forum, or at least those in it who care, know a little something about who has a chance to be drafted. None of them, however, make big bucks doing it.

I was responding to "I don't think these guys ever really guess correctly who ends up in the NFL?" this part of the post with my reply. Some sarcasm in my response yes.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
One of my Favorite players in the draft is Shaq Lawson. Not sure he would fit into the Packers 3-4, nor will he make it past #10, but the guy is a beast.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What sold me on Shaq Lawson is his toughness. He played that entire game against Alabama on a bum leg. He was playing at probably 60% and still had two sacks.

However, don't sleep on that DE across from him at Clemson, Kevin Dodd. He might surpass Lawson. Dodd was 2nd in the Nation in tackles for loss at 23.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but I am not big on DT pick in the 1st. But as said above mocks are mocks.
Raji may be gone. But unlike other years we must draft on the offensive side. Tight End, Wide out, Offensive tackle. Get a nose guard in the 4th round.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji may be gone. But unlike other years we must draft on the offensive side. Tight End, Wide out, Offensive tackle. Get a nose guard in the 4th round.

TT will grab a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round per years but in terms for the 1st I don't really see the huge need that most do. Jordy's rehab has been great by all accounts and Montgomery will be back also. That's a pretty big infusion of talent just from guys returning. They'll still bring in another guy as a draft pick most likely but it probably doesn't really need to be a 1st rounder.

TE is about who's available.

The only position you listed that if you want an upgrade at that you'd want an upgrade at in the starting lineup is LT where if you want a very real chance of getting a better player than Bakhtiari is to grab one in the 1st round.

So with all that I could definitely see them going defense again in the first depending on who's there at NT, ILB or OLB

That said it's pointless to discuss anything other than team needs at this point.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of today I want OJ Howard (full disclosure, I'm not a draftnik simply from what I've seen). I know he didn't get a ton of work at Alabama during his time there but he's the type of player that can blow this offense wide open again, or so it appears. Reminds me of another guy that used to wear #88 here, just one man's $.02

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of today I want OJ Howard (full disclosure, I'm not a draftnik simply from what I've seen). I know he didn't get a ton of work at Alabama during his time there but he's the type of player that can blow this offense wide open again, or so it appears. Reminds me of another guy that used to wear #88 here, just one man's $.02
I haven't seen that explosiveness from a TE before. His knock is lazy route running, which we see can hold people back in our offense. If he lives up to his potential, he can be a Jordan Reed type player with good blocking ability.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT will grab a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round per years but in terms for the 1st I don't really see the huge need that most do. Jordy's rehab has been great by all accounts and Montgomery will be back also. That's a pretty big infusion of talent just from guys returning. They'll still bring in another guy as a draft pick most likely but it probably doesn't really need to be a 1st rounder.

TE is about who's available.

The only position you listed that if you want an upgrade at that you'd want an upgrade at in the starting lineup is LT where if you want a very real chance of getting a better player than Bakhtiari is to grab one in the 1st round.

So with all that I could definitely see them going defense again in the first depending on who's there at NT, ILB or OLB

That said it's pointless to discuss anything other than team needs at this point.
The OT need is more about depth. Other teams lose a lineman and don't miss too much. We lose one or two and it means about 14 sacks in two games. The bad grab prize in the TE position was that the one we drafted for the future was supposed to be Bostick not RRodgers. That one really cost us. Not only does he lose the championship game but when he was on the offense he had stone fingers and could not get out of the block. A real bust.

Members online

Latest posts