1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mel Kiper mock 1.0

Discussion in '2016 Draft Archive' started by Vrill, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Yep, no need to use a high pick on OT IMO. Find a guy in the 4th to develop (Ted has a ton of success in the 4th Rd picking O-Lineman). You're starting 5 is coming back next year with a really nice 6th in Tretter, and who knows maybe you let him and Linsley fight it out in TC for the center spot.

2. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

I'm still hoping we go the FA route for a LT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    IMO it's way too early to talk about the Packers draft needs but with Raji and Guion set to become free agents it's possible DT will be one of the Packers primary needs in May.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Well, like everything else on the board, hyperbole and absolutes will kill a discussion. If we expect perfection from almost anyone in almost anything, we're going to be disappointed. The point with Kiper is that this is his full time job, and he ought to be better than the 'pretty good', 'B-', '22%' and other descriptions.

5. ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Absolutely agree, but it depends on who's available at our spot. Like others have said, it's too early to talk about absolutes. However, if there is a dominant LT prospect around our pick, I think it would be a great pick. Reason being, if he can come in right away we instantly have amazing depth at oline with Tretter and Bahk. Even if he can't, we groom him and still have amazing depth.

Realistically, I see us taking a DL or LB prospect with the first. I would not be opposed to TE though, especially if OJ Howard is around.

6. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

IMO the Packers' need for a backup LT "screams out" for a free agency solution. Of course I'd love the addition of a better LT than Bakhtiari but even adding one competent vet LT would make the situation on the OL much, much more stable. I'm not talking about a top tier vet so IMO it would be a small price to pay to help secure Rodgers' health.

I'm not exactly sure what the "bad grab prize" means but I disagree Bostick and not RRodgers was drafted to be the future TE. Bostick wasn't drafted, he was an UDFA who spent his first season on the PS. Rodgers OTOH was drafted at the end of the third round. Just because RRodgers doesn't fill the team's needs at TE doesn't mean he wasn't drafted to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ThePerfectBeard

Packer Fan Since:
    I just don't see us paying for a veteran LT. I like the idea, but I don't see it happening. Most likely TT sticks to his draft more OL in the 4th philosophy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ogsponge

Ogsponge Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Agreed, I guess i would just be surprised if TT does not get a deal done with at least one of those guys.

9. The program 61

The program 61 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Jordan Jenkins in the 2nd round is my hope. If hes there he is ours. hes a bigger better nick perry

10. ThePerfectBeard

Packer Fan Since:
    As a Georgia fan, I'm not sure about that. I mean I guess in the second it wouldn't be bad, but he's a tad overrated. Tall, lanky, underweight, and not as fast as he seems.

11. The program 61

Packer Fan Since:

yea i just have a good feeling but i think hes got potential if he falls and we get him even better but i think he will be a good player for someone. The

that sounds like you described the other guy from georgia cant think of his name flloyd?

12. ThePerfectBeard

Packer Fan Since:
    You're absolutely right, I mixed up my Georgia boys. I think both will be alright, but more like Datone. Decent players, but they won't knock your socks off. Neither are incredible athletes and I think they both helped each other being on the same team. Only time will tell though.

13. The program 61

Packer Fan Since:

flloyd to me is another dion jordan. if he falls to 2nd round i wouldnt mind him either because who knows what he can do hes got speed which is nice but still a project

14. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    My personal wishlist:

1: NT
    2: TE
    3: ILB/OLB
    4: OT
    5: RB
    6: S
    7: WR

15. The program 61

Packer Fan Since:

16. 4zone

4zone Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I don't see any upgrade at LT at #27 for us. No way we trade up for one either. The only way we go OT is as a development guy later on, maybe the guy from Harvard at RT. Tretter can handle LT as a backup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 4zone

4zone Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I think we 'can be' set at NT by signing a FA. Namely our own FA, Raji. He definitely is not a weak link like at TE ot ILB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The program 61

Packer Fan Since:

Jason Spriggs from indiana looks like nice developmental guy hes 6 foot 7 307 but not stocky so he needs to put on some muscle but im in love with andrew billings i hope we get him somehow NT from baylor check him out man let me know what you think

19. 4zone

4zone Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I think a lot depends, not only on our won FA signings, but those of other teams as well. Ahhhhhh, draft season. The sport of Kings and prognosticators everywhere. Wonder who the Bear's fans are hoping for this year?

20. 4zone

4zone Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    If we let Raji go, you can bet we will not get upgrades at TE and ILB. And if Peppers retires, that will throw OLB in the mix as position of need as well. (probably need to pick someone there anyway)

21. 4zone

4zone Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Looking at Mel-K's 1.0 I have a couple questions

Question 1: Can we get first round value at ILB with Ragland, Smith and Jack already off the board?
    Question 2: Do we go with Hunter Henry @#27 and look at a 2nd tier ILB in round 2 (see question #1)
    Question 3: With Starks in the free zone and Lacy's sad condition in 2015, could we really pass up on Ezekiel Elliot if he fell into our lap at #27?

Assuming RB is not an option in the real world, do we go for someone like Brothers in round 1 and Hooper in round 2 or go for Henry in round 1 and Beniquez Brown in round two?

22. 4zone

4zone Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    But do we want to use #27 for a development guy?

23. 4zone

4zone Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Anybody have a copy of Mel's big board they could post? I still can't bring myself to donate money to The Mothership.

24. Jdeed

Jdeed Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    32. Vacated (New England’s pick forfeited from Deflategate)

:p

25. RRyder

RRyder Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I said a chance and it's not like Bakhtiari is a world beater. Draft is a long way off still. Gotta see who rises and falls