Mel Kiper mock 1.0

The program 61

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deon bucannon from cardinals ex safety to a LB had speed hits hard has just enough size. I think we should take a chance on a late rd pic on big safety with speed to change him to a LB

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Deon bucannon from cardinals ex safety to a LB had speed hits hard has just enough size. I think we should take a chance on a late rd pic on big safety with speed to change him to a LB
Intrigued by Tanner McEvoy : Height 6-6 Weight 231 ... returned to safety for Outback Bowl ... expected to play safety and wide receiver in 2015. I can't find speed stats or anything more current at the moment. Didn't really follow him that closely this season. Think he could cover TE's on nickel / dime defense though. Shouldn't get out jumped often.

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mock or not......I don't want to see this happen:

Minnesota: WR Josh Doctson

well get ready for it. They are 100% drafting a guy like that. That teams loves the flashy picks.

not worried about it though. They have a crappy O line. With Clay moving back to OLB and rushing from the edge more, and if we add a guy like Spence, Floyd, or Lee....won't matter who the vikings have as wideouts. Also since our secondary has the potential to be top 5 in the league.

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cravens from USC is that guy, would have to draft him in the first round most likely thought.
Or Striker from Oklahoma, could be drafted 4th round i bet.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Intrigued by Tanner McEvoy : Height 6-6 Weight 231 ... returned to safety for Outback Bowl ... expected to play safety and wide receiver in 2015. I can't find speed stats or anything more current at the moment. Didn't really follow him that closely this season. Think he could cover TE's on nickel / dime defense though. Shouldn't get out jumped often.
McEvoy is listed as the 12th best TE in the draft here: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/TE That's pretty damn good for a QB/WR/S since the others on the list (probably) actually played TE!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never thought of him as TE, but who knows. The kid has to be a very good athlete and has decent enough size, though I think a little long and lanky for TE, but what do I know. But the kid was a good enough option QB, can play WR and can make plays at safety and did them all in a big program. Is he moved all over because he is ok at a lot of things and not excellent at any one thing? or is he just a football player with the ability and the brains for the coaches to move him to any position to get him on the field? If it's the latter, some time to actually develop in a position could be interesting. Though I'm not thinking he's going high in the draft.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
McEvoy is listed as the 12th best TE in the draft here: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/TE That's pretty damn good for a QB/WR/S since the others on the list (probably) actually played TE!

I never thought of him as TE, but who knows. The kid has to be a very good athlete and has decent enough size, though I think a little long and lanky for TE, but what do I know. But the kid was a good enough option QB, can play WR and can make plays at safety and did them all in a big program. Is he moved all over because he is ok at a lot of things and not excellent at any one thing? or is he just a football player with the ability and the brains for the coaches to move him to any position to get him on the field? If it's the latter, some time to actually develop in a position could be interesting. Though I'm not thinking he's going high in the draft.

As a Badger Fan, I have really liked watching McEvoy and his progression to where he is today. He will no doubt be somewhat of an NFL project at TE, but the guy is tall, smart, good hands and most of all is a gamer. How many guys have played as many positions as he has in Division 1 football and had pretty decent success doing it? Would love to see him as a Packer, could be quite a future weapon on offense and probably a very good addition to special teams while he is learning the TE position. He may be one of those draft picks like Russell Wilson, where he turns a few heads because he is picked earlier then expected by most. When that is, will be anyone's guess.

realist4pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well watch this. Seems a bit slow to me.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Hopefully if this is the guy we are going after they see something I don't.

D

Deleted member 6794

Cravens from USC is that guy, would have to draft him in the first round most likely thought.
Or Striker from Oklahoma, could be drafted 4th round i bet.

I really don't want the team to spend an early round pick on a tweener, would be fine to take a gamble later in the draft though.

McEvoy had six interceptions playing safety for the Badgers last season. I would be fine with the Packers drafting him late and try to develop him as a coverage linebacker.

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we can find someone at #27 who can be as impactful as this guy, at #42.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts