1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Media Driven NFL Awards BS

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 12theTruth, Jan 1, 2012.

1. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I see the reactionaries in the media are in full effect after Matt Flynn's performance today. Bradshaw and several others have that gleam in their eye with their man love for Drew Brees. All of a sudden Aaron Rodgers isn't so valuable because the Packers have an excellent backup QB. Hogwash! Matt did great but his game had two HUGE differences from a typical Aaron Rodgers performance. Matt Flynn simply does not have the scrambling ability and didn't have the back shoulder throw to rely on either in todays stellar performance.

Since there is this media driven push for Drew Brees, where is the same push for Coach McCarthy. One of a select few coaches of a defending Super Bowl champ to push his team to a 15-1 record. This is especially impressive considering his teams defense has given up an all time league record amount of passing yards on defense. The phenominal job of keeping his team focused. Has his team subscribe to the next man in theory better than anyone in the NFL I believe. The true measure of a head coach is wins and losses. Above all Coach Mike McCarthy is a master at keeping his team motivated as in this weeks goal of sweeping the division. I think these last two weeks are impressive especially today with leading his team with several key starters resting to a victory over a Lions squad who had much more at stake than the Packers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +630
    Who cares? Let them give the MVP to Brees and let them come up with whatever reasons they want. Brees has had a truly great season and he deserves it. It's just that Rodgers has also had a truly great season and in some ways he deserves it more. But I really don't care and getting all wrapped up in this **** isn't worth it.

I agree with you about McCarthy though. The guys is so low key that he never even gets mentioned. But that's good, not bad. Look at it this way, the less media attention a coach or player or team gets, the less distraction, the less stuff that gets to their heads. It's a blessing, not a curse.

3. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league and the pundits and critics have the worst cases of ADD in the world. Apparently what Rodgers has done for the past 15 weeks is now null and void because of what Flynn was able to do today. It's quite ridiculous.

Now people are seriously saying that Rodgers is a system QB who doesn't deserve to be mentioned as an elite, because of one game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Does this mean you don't think McCarthy is worthy of Coach of the Year consideration? I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of many in the media. Who cares? Many do!

5. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I have not paid close attention to the media today really outside of my local media people. But, who is saying that stuff? Thats crazy. IMO there is something to be said for having depth on a team at various positions.

6. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    He absolutely does. A defending Champion has the targets on their backs all season in every game. The Packers finished 15-1!!! And have had key injuries for two straight seasons.

7. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    I find it very hard to listen to any of those guys ... they're so damned predictable. You can almost do a finger countdown after predicting what they'll say next. ESPN is the most predictable and Peter King is indeed the king of predictability.

8. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Not to mention that that backup QB will be a free agent and probably leave for the big bucks and a starting position elsewhere next year.

9. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    When does this award get named?

I predict Rodgers will win about 60-40%.