McGinn Files His Papers With The League Office

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...-standout-careers-journal-sentinel/101237304/

Say what you want about him, but he was a long-tenured Packers beat writer. His disdain for Thompson's non-use of free agency grew strong in the past year and he wasn't shy to give his opinions. He has done a great job of grading the team and players each season and provided lots of good insight. If you haven't read it, his Super Bowl book is well worth the money. It chronicles each Super Bowl, but more from a behind-the-scenes perspective using post-game interviews with players, coordinators, and sportswriters. It gives each Super Bowl a a narrative to go with the box score.

Good luck Bob.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McGinnis was mostly spot on with his alalysis of the Packers deficiencies and player grades. He wasn't a cheerleader and he didnt suck up to the Packer brass. For that he was a true journalist that didn't let his rooting interests get in the way of his reporting.

Sky King

Reaction score
Top-notch writer and surprisingly entertaining podcaster. The podcasts gave insight into his warm and thoughtful personality, something that his writing alone could never do. And the Super Bowl Book really is terrific. I hope he and his wife, Pat, enjoy a long and happy retirement together.

n4t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McGinn in his later years was a muck-raker. He repeatedly attempted to appeal the lowest common denominator in attacking the Packers front office with wild claims and no evidence. Sad, because his analysis stuff was always pretty good, but the pandering to the mouth-breathers was too much for me. See ya Bob.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Always found his analysis interesting even if I didn't agree with it. Loved hearing comments from his huge list of front office and scouting contacts. Often found myself wishing his articles were double in length. Good writer.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I enjoyed McGinn's articles for what they were, just another insight and information concerning the Packers. Ever since the invention of the internet, I stopped basing my views on just my local newspaper, now I have 1000's of opinions to choose from and to base my own opinions from, I too can be as wrong as the next guy after all. :D

H

HardRightEdge

Sharply opinionated, often right, just as often wildly wrong. Meh.

He'll probably pop up again somewhere, maybe as a semi-retired contributor on some web site.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...-standout-careers-journal-sentinel/101237304/

Say what you want about him, but he was a long-tenured Packers beat writer. His disdain for Thompson's non-use of free agency grew strong in the past year and he wasn't shy to give his opinions. He has done a great job of grading the team and players each season and provided lots of good insight. If you haven't read it, his Super Bowl book is well worth the money. It chronicles each Super Bowl, but more from a behind-the-scenes perspective using post-game interviews with players, coordinators, and sportswriters. It gives each Super Bowl a a narrative to go with the box score.

Good luck Bob.

He was a quality beat writer, sometimes he became a bit too much of a fan or too much of a critic with some players but all in all he was a very good sports journalist.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think McGinn's work of late was more befitting a hot take spouting talking head at ESPN than a beat reporter. I increasingly became a non-fan to the point this announcement doesn't bother me at all.

Members online

No members online now.