Amish Mafia Mock Offseason

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just think Cambell would be more explosive then Cobb and give us more big play ability from the slot. Campbell doesn't get used to his full potential at OSU. I like a bunch of other receivers too some which you listed.

I understand you can get good players from all conferences. I liked the King pick last year. I just don't understand what seems to be a TT obsession to draft defensive players from a conference that's not known for good defense that play out on the west coast and send them to freezing Green Bay. I think we could do better elsewhere.

Dawg. Trevor Davis is more explosive than Cobb. Jeff Janis has better long speed than anybody. Yet neither of them are actually good receivers. There is more than just speed and quickness to the position. It helps a ton, but it isn't the end all be all. Campbell just isn't a true receiver, he's a flex player.

TT has gotten a lot of good defensive players from the PAC 12. I don't think if all players are equal, he's going to take the PAC 12 player because of the conference. You're seeing a bias there because you want to. Anyways, if he wants to keep on drafting players like Clark, Matthews, Perry, King and Randall, I'm completely ok with that. They're good, and I like good players.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Dawg. Trevor Davis is more explosive than Cobb. Jeff Janis has better long speed than anybody. Yet neither of them are actually good receivers. There is more than just speed and quickness to the position. It helps a ton, but it isn't the end all be all. Campbell just isn't a true receiver, he's a flex player.

TT has gotten a lot of good defensive players from the PAC 12. I don't think if all players are equal, he's going to take the PAC 12 player because of the conference. You're seeing a bias there because you want to.

I'm "seeing" a conference that is giving up almost 38 pts a game with a 9 game sample size in bowl games. To me that equals "Stay Away". Plus you can just see they don't pass the "eye test" compared to Big Ten and other teams.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

TT has gotten a lot of good defensive players from the PAC 12. I don't think if all players are equal, he's going to take the PAC 12 player because of the conference. You're seeing a bias there because you want to. Anyways, if he wants to keep on drafting players like Clark, Matthews, Perry, King and Randall, I'm completely ok with that. They're good, and I like good players.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/12/30/16832868/pac-12-bowl-record-2017

"FRAUD CONFERENCE"

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm "seeing" a conference that is giving up almost 38 pts a game with a 9 game sample size in bowl games. To me that equals "Stay Away". Plus you can just see they don't pass the "eye test" compared to Big Ten and other teams.

It's a team game. As Packer fans we should know just how much scheme and one or two bad players impact a defense. But hey, feel free to stay away from players like Kenny Clark. I'll take him. You can have Robert Nkemdiche. They were about the same ranking, and Nkemdiche is from the vaunted SEC, so he's the obvious take there, right?

I don't care how the PAC 12 defenses line up with the Big 10 defenses. It doesn't matter! This is pro football, not college. I want the best players. Find me the best players regardless of conference.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's a team game. As Packer fans we should know just how much scheme and one or two bad players impact a defense. But hey, feel free to stay away from players like Kenny Clark. I'll take him. You can have Robert Nkemdiche. They were about the same ranking, and Nkemdiche is from the vaunted SEC, so he's the obvious take there, right?

I don't care how the PAC 12 defenses line up with the Big 10 defenses. It doesn't matter! This is pro football, not college. I want the best players. Find me the best players regardless of conference.

Well if we have so many great Pac 12 gems on defense how come our defense sucks? Its all Capers fault? Capers needs to go but this defense and roster aren't as talented as you might think.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yes. Yes, it is.

Defense can't really be any worse without Capers but I think some people need to temper expectations. We still don't have all the needed pieces on that side of the ball and I don't believe were gonna find them in the "Soft 12" this year.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if we have so many great Pac 12 gems on defense how come our defense sucks? Its all Capers fault? Capers needs to go but this defense and roster aren't as talented as you might think.

Because it's a team game, and we have a **** scheme.

I never said the PAC 12 was great. I don't care how good it is. If you want to be a conference fanboy, that's fine. I just want good players.

I've brought up specific examples, and all you have is lazy rhetoric. This is a pointless argument.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense can't really be any worse without Capers but I think some people need to temper expectations. We still don't have all the needed pieces on that side of the ball and I don't believe were gonna find them in the "Soft 12" this year.
Come on. You can't condemn all defensive players in a conference because of the stats of the entire conference. Thats just silly.

We have more pieces than defenses ranked far higher than us.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Because it's a team game, and we have a **** scheme.

I never said the PAC 12 was great. I don't care how good it is. If you want to be a conference fanboy, that's fine. I just want good players.

I've brought up specific examples, and all you have is lazy rhetoric. This is a pointless argument.

To not evaluate our talent and where it is coming from is "lazy". We're not exactly knocking the cover off the ball on defense. Capers is no doubt to blame for much but as I've posted elsewhere we have a talent problem too.

Roquan Smith could help our defense and probably make an immediate impact and he isn't in the Pac 12. I'm sure TT will pass him over and get some underdeveloped injury prone hyped up Pac 12 player that is hurt half the season with his "best player available" BS.

Sound like par for the course?

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Come on. You can't condemn all defensive players in a conference because of the stats of the entire conference. Thats just .

Ever heard of the SEC or the Big 10 or ACC? I just don't know why TT has his nose so far up the Pac 12's ***. Doesn't make any sense.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon..i get what your trying to say, dontae jones and perry, both late first rounders...under preformed for sure. but on the other hand our best player on offense is from Pac 12 and on defense jones UCLA. So you just got to make the pick and get a little lucky. I would take Roquan smith also. But remember a defensive stud for Vikings ended our season this year...drafted out of UCLA! and by the way i like your little pic HAIL RODGERS.....go Cal..

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

So you wouldn't want a Percy Harvin in his prime type talent on our offense? Just checking.

Trevor Davis and Janis aren't even in the same league talent wise as Campbell.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Brandon..i get what your trying to say, dontae jones and perry, both late first rounders...under preformed for sure. but on the other hand our best player on offense is from Pac 12 and on defense jones UCLA. So you just got to make the pick and get a little lucky. I would take Roquan smith also. But remember a defensive stud for Vikings ended our season this year...drafted out of UCLA! and by the way i like your little pic HAIL RODGERS.....go Cal..

All I'm saying is I watch a lot of college football. The Pac 12 for whatever reason has regressed on talent. They are getting pushed all over the field. It wouldn't be where I'd be looking with a top 15 pick.

Yes, I wanna see Roquan in Green and Gold. What we don't need is Thompson trying be cute here. I don't want some small school guy. I don't want some converted basketball player or someone were gonna convert to a different position and I certainly don't want anyone from the Pac 12 with our top pick.

Last edited:

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hear you. i think smith is gone by the 10th pick or so...Raiders most likely. Maybe the edge guy out of Clemson.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I'm saying is I watch a lot of college football. The Pac 12 for whatever reason has regressed on talent. They are getting pushed all over the field. It wouldn't be where I'd be looking with a top 15 pick.

Yes, I wanna see Roquan in Green and Gold. What we don't need is Thompson trying be cute here. I don't want some small school guy. I don't want some converted basketball player or someone were gonna convert to a different position and I certainly don't want anyone from the Pac 12 with our top pick.

You might watch a lot of football, but you sure don't understand it very well.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you wouldn't want a Percy Harvin in his prime type talent on our offense? Just checking.

Trevor Davis and Janis aren't even in the same league talent wise as Campbell.

Lol. Parris Campbell ain't no Percy Harvin. Don't try that. I'm fine with Parris as a 3rd day pick, at best.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL. Your the one who thinks Janis and Davis are as talented as Parris Campbell and the Pac 12 is loaded with talent. :eek:

Those are things I never said. You look, find where I said that.

Look, I'll try my best to keep this simple.

I like good players. I don't care where they come from. Kenny Clark came from the PAC 12, he was a great pick. I love Roquan Smith, he's from the SEC. I think Kevin King, from the PAC, is going to be a really good CB. The Bosa brothers from OSU, the Big 10, are outstanding. I do not have a preference on conference. I just want good players, which exist in every single conference. Shockingly hot take, I know. Does that make sense to you?

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
. . . but on the other hand our best player on offense is from Pac 12 and on defense jones UCLA.
You mean Clark? Our other beat player on defense is Martinez from Stanford. And if someone is disappointed in King (Washingon) I don't know what to tell them.

Clearly, we should only draft from the PAC12.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Lol. Parris Campbell ain't no Percy Harvin. Don't try that. I'm fine with Parris as a 3rd day pick, at best.

Not after he runs 4.3 at the combine. ;) Shoot, he might even clock 4.2

But to you he is just another Ty Montgomery

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Those are things I never said. You look, find where I said that.

Look, I'll try my best to keep this simple.

I like good players. I don't care where they come from. Kenny Clark came from the PAC 12, he was a great pick. I love Roquan Smith, he's from the SEC. I think Kevin King, from the PAC, is going to be a really good CB. The Bosa brothers from OSU, the Big 10, are outstanding. I do not have a preference on conference. I just want good players, which exist in every single conference. Shockingly hot take, I know. Does that make sense to you?

Makes perfect sense and I believe there is more talent volume in other conferences. I see no reason to make the pac 12 the "bread and butter" of our 1st round selections and Thompson better not do it this year.

Edit: Also i don't value taking good players on ****** defenses as much as you do. I want good players that have played on good defenses.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You mean Clark? Our other beat player on defense is Martinez from Stanford. And if someone is disappointed in King (Washingon) I don't know what to tell them.

Clearly, we should only draft from the PAC12.

Roquan Smith will make you forget about Martinez real quick. See this is the problem. We have no "game changers" other then Aaron Rodgers. You guys keep pumping up our first round picks when overall we have gotten average production at best.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not after he runs 4.3 at the combine. ;) Shoot, he might even clock 4.2

But to you he is just another Ty Montgomery

Ok. So comprehension is hard for you, I understand that now.

Monty isn't a true WR. He's a flex. Parris Campbell is the same, but yes, he's more explosive. We need a true WR. You want to put him in on the a lot, but the dude doesn't hardly know how to run routes correctly. What I'm trying to get across is that there is a lot more to playing WR than just speed, and Campbell struggles in those aspects. There are a lot better WR options than him.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts