McCarthy - one year and out?

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we have to face facts. Our team isn't very good. Hell, even Brett Farve said it. A big part of it starts with the line, on both sides of the ball. Our offensive line gives no protection and our defensive line gets no push.

MM's play-calling was less than stellar. The dumbest call he made was the quarterback sneak with Brett Farve. The man is 37 years old - that's not the type of play you call with him on 4th and inches - especially with our inexperienced interior line. It was a recipe for disaster. Other than that, I liked the wrap around draws with Green. I was happy he got to pad his stats a little, and he did run pretty hard.

On defense, we get no pass rush whatsoever. Granted, our secondary did suck hard, but how do you expect them to cover for 10 seconds without anyone getting even close to Grossman. When we finally did get some pressure he was prone to throwing the ball up. It's not something I would recommend against a good quarterback, but against Grossman we could have blitzed more often.

I watched the whole game and our team was outclassed. It's going to be a long year, and the most we can look forward to is players improving.

Side notes
- Wish we had Bates
- Charles Woodson is a 50 million dollar dump

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way MM goes after this year, even if they go 0-16.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if TT goes next year if the team doesn't begin to show improvement by 2007.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
There's no way MM goes after this year, even if they go 0-16.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if TT goes next year if the team doesn't begin to show improvement by 2007.

and thats how it should be

Duves

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do believe that Bates is still living in the DePere area though, so he's within a short distance of Lambeau...

Latest posts