1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McCarthy deserves alot of credit!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by OneHotelFoxtrot, Jan 19, 2011.

1. OneHotelFoxtrot

OneHotelFoxtrot Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    Sitting here struggling through this week (is it Sunday yet?) I was thinking about how well this team has performed since the must-win Giants game, Bears game, and throughout the playoffs. The offense and defense has been on fire, but also, McCarthy and his coaching staff deserves alot of credit. I think with all the injuries this year and some losses that were surprising I don't think enough can be said about how well these coaches have guided the players on staying the course and getting the W's when it has mattered the most.

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I asked for him to be fired for very specific reasons.

Those reasons simply disappeared in the playoffs. We are having GREAT coaching in this playoffs.

Now I know better. Even if MM looks like a terrible playcaller during regular season, he transforms into Bill Walsh in the playoffs.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    as soon as I see great clock management I will be sold. I know I am being overly critical its just the only thing holding me back

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    We lose Sunday the fire mike threads reappear

• Like Like x 3
  5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Blame TT will be a prominent theme I am sure

6. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    If the Bears lose the "Fire Lovie" threads will appear on the Bear forums.

I do admit that MM does a much better job in the Playoffs than the regular season. He seems to open up the playbook more in the playoffs whereas in the regular season he is conservative as hell.

7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Unless it's in an embarassing way and MM commits an absurd series of coaching blunders (won't say what, won't jinx it), it won't come from me.

8. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    we are gonna win baby!

9. cakoski

cakoski Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I think when MM is focused and knows he is playing a tough opponent he does an outstanding job and play calling and getting the team ready. As we have seen since Detroit. But when he seems unfocussed the team reflects that as in poor play and poor play calling. This really true when underestimates an opponent like against Detroit. I really hope MM is focus this week and does not fall into the hype.

10. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    woo hoo