Mayock Picks Ragland

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Once again, history will play out this pick and the rest of the draft. Telling all of us just how right or wrong we were. It's fun to play the draft game, but if I was doing it professionally, I would probably just be good/bad enough to set myself up each year with having that #1 pick in every draft.

D

Deleted member 6794

Needs from a depth chart and longevity standpoint (whether age or potential free agency) suggests a couple of more likely possibilities on day 2: O-Line, OLB, or even D-Line once again if Pennel is on the way out, which the Clark pick hints may be a possibility.

Even with the Packers drafting Clark there are only a maximum of three defensive linemen ahead of Pennel on the depth chart. I don't see the team releasing him.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Those were my thoughts exactly as I went to bed, wondering why Clark. As many have pointed out, many of us had an even stronger reaction to the Randall pick last year, but it worked out.
Why do you think drafting Randall worked out?

Imo, Thompson's draft board is very different from the posters here and probably most of the GM's in the league. No way to prove it but for the 3-5 years I've come to believe the Packers are outliers in assessing draft value.

H

HardRightEdge

Even with the Packers drafting Clark there are only a maximum of three defensive linemen ahead of Pennel on the depth chart. I don't see the team releasing him.
Oh, he'd certainly not be released for lack of talent or for a multi-game suspension. He'd be released if they have an indication of more trouble coming.

D

Deleted member 6794

Gil Brandt talked to several teams about Ragland's heart issue and none were concerned about it. If that's true I'm disappointed the Packers didn't draft him and expect he will be drafted early in the second.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Gil Brandt talked to several teams about Ragland's heart issue and none were concerned about it. If that's true I'm disappointed the Packers didn't draft him and expect he will be drafted early in the second.

Fingers crossed for trading up? What do you think it would take? #2, #3 and #4?

I said it before, I doubt that will happen, since if that info on his heart is true and they still had interest, they would have picked him last night.

D

Deleted member 6794

Fingers crossed for trading up? What do you think it would take? #2, #3 and #4?

I said it before, I doubt that will happen, since if that info on his heart is true and they still had interest, they would have picked him last night.

I doubt Thompson will trade up for a player he could have selected without giving up additional picks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I doubt Thompson will trade up for a player he could have selected without giving up additional picks.

I tend to agree. The only thing I could see happening here is that he valued Clark a bit higher then Ragland and thus grabbed him. But also has a high enough value on Ragland that he might be willing to part with picks to get him also.

If I told you last week that we would have both Ragland and Clark and all it cost us was a 3rd and a 4th, would you have believed me?

I doubt this is the case, but I also didn't think Ragland would be sitting there at #27. So I guess we will see tonight!

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would it take to trade up into the top 10 tonight? I'm just curious. I doubt it would happen with us, but trading from where we are into the top 10 would equal what type of compensation?

D

Deleted member 6794

If I told you last week that we would have both Ragland and Clark and all it cost us was a 3rd and a 4th, would you have believed me?

Well, I expected Clark to be there for the Packers second round pick so I would have most likely thought it would be have been too much to give up.

What would it take to trade up into the top 10 tonight? I'm just curious. I doubt it would happen with us, but trading from where we are into the top 10 would equal what type of compensation?

Most likely the Packers third round pick.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
At least our #2, 3 and 4...maybe a pick from next year as well. With the quality of guys still on the board, I bet the asking price is pretty steep right now. That was why I threw out the name Hundley.....Browns pick first and they do need a QB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts