Mayock Picks Ragland

D

Deleted member 6794

According to sources Ragland was flagged for an enlarged aorta, which requires yearly monitoring. Some teams have pushed him down a bit because of it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Exactly, with all the news about Smith and Jack, I expect some team to jump on him early. I guess we'll see. Drafts are just so unpredictable.

If the concern over Jack and his injury somehow push him up into the middle of the first round, my hope is a team like Oakland or Atlanta grabs him, allowing Ragland to keep dropping. A run on QB's, OT's, CB's and WR's is what I am hoping for in the first round. Leaving Ragland at #27 and enough DL talent for the Packers #2.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
According to sources Ragland was flagged for an enlarged aorta, which requires yearly monitoring. Some teams have pushed him down a bit because of it.

Appears I am not the only person typing "Reggie Ragland" into his Google Browser every 5 minutes LOL

http://nfltraderumors.co/150485-2/

I hope after the Packers pick, Packer fans will be reading up on their new ILB and find this article.

http://nfldraftreport.sportsblog.co...r-reggie-ragland-alabama-scouting-report.html

Last edited:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ragland has now become the most common pick for the Packers according to the mock drafts I have seen. I wasnt expecting he would fall but now that he keeps getting projected to gb I am going to be disappointed when it doesn't happen

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ragland has now become the most common pick for the Packers according to the mock drafts I have seen. I wasnt expecting he would fall but now that he keeps getting projected to gb I am going to be disappointed when it doesn't happen

The "cry in your beer mug" starts behind me! :coffee:

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year we debated between a bunch of LB's........picked a S to convert to a CB.
While I want Ragland, or the best DL we can get.......we may draft a OL , or someone we haven't even discussed.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
we may draft a OL
Shhhhhhhh...... I have had this recurring dream/nightmare that Taylor Decker is still there at #27 and TT can't resist the temptation! :eek: I'm not convinced this is the guy or the year to be using a #1 on an OT.

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Ragland is sitting there at 27 and TT drafts an o lineman what would your reaction be?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I freely admit to not seeing much film and it also being a concern of mine :) But everyone outside of JS has that concern for me. I still think he's a good player, i have worried that having a good DL in front helps him look better, it happens. In a general sense, I think good players up front are more important than good players in the middle so any time i see a good linebacker my default is, well who's in front?

but beyond all that, i'm not going to be disappointed if he falls to us and we have chance to take him and we do. By the same token, if we pass and take someone else, i might think for a second "WTF", but i've learned enough that my initial reaction has little bearing on what happens with that player later. I have to give them time to prove themselves, whatever the position is.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I freely admit to not seeing much film and it also being a concern of mine :) But everyone outside of JS has that concern for me. I still think he's a good player, i have worried that having a good DL in front helps him look better, it happens. In a general sense, I think good players up front are more important than good players in the middle so any time i see a good linebacker my default is, well who's in front?

but beyond all that, i'm not going to be disappointed if he falls to us and we have chance to take him and we do. By the same token, if we pass and take someone else, i might think for a second "WTF", but i've learned enough that my initial reaction has little bearing on what happens with that player later. I have to give them time to prove themselves, whatever the position is.

I've always been big on the philosophy of "the game is won in the trenches".
Read an article last week on the Panthers GM not being concerned about losing Norman; he'd rather spend money on building dominant lines. First time I've seen a GM come out and say, "yeah, the O and D lines are where I think you build a top franchise".

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read an article last week on the Panthers GM not being concerned about losing Norman; he'd rather spend money on building dominant lines. First time I've seen a GM come out and say, "yeah, the O and D lines are where I think you build a top franchise".
It's the foundation, like building a house. It isn't ****, though you can spruce it up a bit at times, but solid and dependable and you put all the fancy stuff around it and on it that everyone else sees while it sits buried supporting it all

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shhhhhhhh...... I have had this recurring dream/nightmare that Taylor Decker is still there at #27 and TT can't resist the temptation! :eek: I'm not convinced this is the guy or the year to be using a #1 on an OT.

Saw this over on nfltraderumors

Tony Pauline reports there’s a belief that Packers would like to move LT David Bakhtiari, who is in the final year of his rookie contract, inside to guard and upgrade at the left tackle spot.

H

HardRightEdge

Not doubting Bakh in the least, but is he really a fit at guard?
Tony Pauline is smoking something. Bahktiari run blocking from OG? I don't think so. Then again, this was a team that started Clay Matthews and Nate Palmer at ILB, so anything's possible I suppose.

H

HardRightEdge

His opinion may be colored by the fact that 80% of Norman's snaps were in zone. That's according to an analyst at NFL Network, which one I do not recall. If that is true, paying Norman that amount would be a waste in Carolina's defense.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His opinion may be colored by the fact that 80% of Norman's snaps were in zone. That's according to an analyst at NFL Network, which one I do not recall. If that is true, paying Norman that amount would be a waste in Carolina's defense.

Yes, in reading up on Norman, it seems there were a lot round the league who didn't think he was 'all that'.