Mason Crosby

H

HardRightEdge

I just don't understand those who will literally hate a man solely because of his performance on a football field, but that's on them. And I'm not referring to you, HRE.

I just don't understand those who cannot separate the man from the football player. And I'm referring to you, GoPGo.

I have no thoughts on Crosby as a man, so I have expressed none. I don't like him as the place kicker for the Green Bay Packers.

I wish him the best kicking for a dome team. He might even beat us one day. So be it.

H

HardRightEdge

Given his rock solid performance in warm weather and domes, I guarantee you he wouldn't even clear waivers before someone grabbed him.

As an FYI...only players with less than 4 years experience go through waivers. If cut, Crosby will be a free agent able to sign with whomever he pleases.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't understand those who cannot separate the man from the football player. And I'm referring to you, GoPGo.

What are you talking about? I can, and obviously I do. That's precisely why I said no man should be judged good or bad based on what he does on a football field. There are people who will call Crosby a "bum" and other spiteful epithets just for missing some kicks and in the same breath speak glowingly of a guy like Janikowski, who is a great kicker who happens to be a shady human being.

Are you saying that they are separating the man from the player? Think about that for a minute.

H

HardRightEdge

There are people who will call Crosby a "bum" and other spiteful epithets just for missing some kicks and in the same breath speak glowingly of a guy like Janikowski, who is a great kicker who happens to be a shady human being.

I don't care what "people" say. You addressed me. So show me where I called him a bum or said anything about Janikowski. I said Crosby's a DOME KICKER (which you agreed with) and his recent history of yips is a risk not worth taking.

You called me out without any basis.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I don't care what "people" say. You addressed me. So show me where I called him a bum or said anything about Janikowski. I said Crosby's a DOME KICKER (which you agreed with) and his recent history of yips is a risk not worth taking.

You called me out without any basis.
Actually he called ME out. I was the one who called Crosby a bum, and on the field last year he was. I stick by that comment. He's a great guy, and well liked in the lockerroom, but #s #s #s.

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's the jsonline story about Ramirez: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers-give-another-kicker-a-chance-b9983279z1-221116241.html
A strong tailwind carried the ball 5 to 10 yards longer than normal, all three kickers said.
The results were:
Crosby: 10 of 11, missing only from 53 yards, to the left.
Tavecchio: 9 of 11, missing from 45 yards, to the left, and 63 yards, to the right.
Ramirez: 10 of 11, missing only from 53 yards, to the left.

For Ramirez, it was a remarkable performance given he had already been through a pressure-filled tryout several hours earlier and had never kicked at Nitschke Field. His leg strength was apparent when he drove a kickoff all the way to the fence on the north end, about 10-15 yards behind the back of the end zone.

The story has a video of Ramirez kicking three straight FGs from 65 and one from 70

The kid has the leg strength - no question. But as the story says, how will he do in games. As for Crosby, the story says he missed three straight FG attempts three times this TC and when he did the third time, they called Ramirez. It would surprise me if they'd go with Ramirez but they've already surprised me by cutting Harrell. I guessed the coaching staff preferred the "security" of going with someone so familiar with the offense. I'm glad they cut him, just surprised.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the Oakland vs Chicago game and i saw Seabass blast one from like 61 yds...i just shook my head and said must be nice. I also watched Legatron Hashka (spelling?) from the Rams hit one easily from 63 that woulda been good from 68 easily. I was like OMG where can we find one of those!! Kickers like that are weapons folks, and RARE. We don't need a guy with a strong leg who is inaccurate...i'd rather have a guy who's max is 50-55 but makes about 98% percent of his attempts anyday.

H

HardRightEdge

Actually he called ME out. I was the one who called Crosby a bum, and on the field last year he was. I stick by that comment. He's a great guy, and well liked in the lockerroom, but #s #s #s.

Oops. I missed the not in his post. I wish to apologize to anyone who may have been offended. :oops:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the jsonline story about Ramirez: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers-give-another-kicker-a-chance-b9983279z1-221116241.html

The story has a video of Ramirez kicking three straight FGs from 65 and one from 70

The kid has the leg strength - no question. But as the story says, how will he do in games. As for Crosby, the story says he missed three straight FG attempts three times this TC and when he did the third time, they called Ramirez.

It also made mention that Crosby was 10-11 Sunday including a well-hit 63 yarder that would have been good from 73 yards. That can't be swept under the rug either.

It would surprise me if they'd go with Ramirez but they've already surprised me by cutting Harrell. I guessed the coaching staff preferred the "security" of going with someone so familiar with the offense. I'm glad they cut him, just surprised.

I wonder what the odds are that they keep both for a few weeks before making a decision? It's going to be an interesting week.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that Crosby is gone. If they were confident in Crosby they would have just cut Tavecchio at roster time. Instead, they kept Tavecchio on and brought in Ramirez, because they weren't sold on either of the two kickers that they had in camp.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don’t think they’ll keep two kickers on the 53-man roster and I hope they don’t. If the one they keep doesn’t work out, there will be plenty available to sign to take his place. Masthay‘s KO ability means all the K has to do is make FGs. That should help “Sergio’s”chances but I have to admit I am intrigued by Ramirez.

BTW, I don’t think anyone is sweeping anything under the rug regarding Crosby. His problem last season was a horrible lack of consistency and the fact he’s missed three consecutive FG attempts not once, not twice, but three times since TC opened doesn’t – and shouldn’t – give the coaching staff confidence he’s overcome that inconsistency.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I watched the Oakland vs Chicago game and i saw Seabass blast one from like 61 yds...i just shook my head and said must be nice. I also watched Legatron Hashka (spelling?) from the Rams hit one easily from 63 that woulda been good from 68 easily. I was like OMG where can we find one of those!! Kickers like that are weapons folks, and RARE. We don't need a guy with a strong leg who is inaccurate...i'd rather have a guy who's max is 50-55 but makes about 98% percent of his attempts anyday.
Legatron is a punter for the Jags, Greg "the leg" Zurlein is the kicker for the Rams who can drill (the media tries to give him the legatron moniker because the media. I still hear touchception from those idiots), and Hauschka is the Seahawks kicker. Your post confuses me.

Members online

Latest posts