martellus Bennet

Status
Not open for further replies.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm stunned we have a 6'6'' target for Rodgers and I remember wondering why in the world didn't the Giants keep him that year in NY.

I'm happy we have a full complement of receiving weapons in all positions.

WR: Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Alison, Davis,
TE: Bennett, Kendricks, Rodgers
RB: Montgomery

...more work needs to be done, but I'm pretty happy so far

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
While I am pretty happy with the Bennett-Kendricks signings, a Cook-Bennett signing would have been even better and bordered on being Belichickesque. Let's hope TT is using the few million saved towards improving the defense.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
While I am pretty happy with the Bennett-Kendricks signings, a Cook-Bennett signing would have been even better and bordered on being Belichickesque. Let's hope TT is using the few million saved towards improving the defense.

No doubt that would have been the better pairing. I'm guessing the numbers will demonstrate why that didn't happen.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Kendricks will surprise a lot of people with Rodgers throwing him the ball. I think he can put up cook like numbers!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think it's kind of silly that anyone is saying, 'Could Bennett have made that catch in Dallas?' Uh, Bennett is plenty athletic to make that catch in Dallas.

Now, that doesn't mean he would have made it 10 times out of 10, and that isn't taking anything away from Cook, who made a great play on a great throw. But they're both very good athletes capable of that play.

Dragging the toes on the sidelines, while a great play, isn't a skill unique to Jared Cook. We actually had a similar catch that very game, can't remember if it was Jordy or Cobb.

I agree 100%. Who is to say Cook could make it again?

I have never cared for using a single play like that as proof of anything other than the player is capable of making at least one incredible play and like you said the Cobb catch was just as impressive IMO.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I agree 100%. Who is to say Cook could make it again?

I have never cared for using a single play like that as proof of anything other than the player is capable of making at least one incredible play and like you said the Cobb catch was just as impressive IMO.

Otherwise, David Tyree and Mario Manningham would be up for the HOF.

Reaction score
I was cursing Thompsons name when I heard talks has broken off between Jared Cook and the front office. Then I saw the Bennett signing and started working on my apology letter haha

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that Kendricks deal is around $4mil for 2 years, that's a nice team friendly number (unlike Lacy's $5.5 one year in SEATTLE)

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
james jones' said this was a good move for the packs. he seemed very excited, more than the fans, for this guy coming to packs. hope he is right about bennet.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bennett is much more in the jermichael Finley mold than Jared cook. cook won't be very good this season without Aaron Rodgers. cook really does nothing after the catch he can run fast straight. watching Bennett highlights he actually makes moves

D

Deleted member 6794

Bennett is much more in the jermichael Finley mold than Jared cook. cook won't be very good this season without Aaron Rodgers. cook really does nothing after the catch he can run fast straight. watching Bennett highlights he actually makes moves

While Bennett is definitely better after the catch than Cook the former Packer is better in that category than Kendricks and Rodgers.

In addition their average yards per catch was close to similar as Bennett doesn't get targeted as deep as Cook.

Last edited by a moderator:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Bennett is definitely better after the catch than Cook the former Packer is better in that category than Kendricks and Rodgers.

In addition their average yards per catch was close to similar as Bennett doesn't get targeted as deep as Cook.
definitely better than Rodgers but I really think Kendricks is gonna have a better season as the #2 te than cook had as the number 1 albeit in 16 games. he's gonna be good after the catch too cuz from watching his highlights he can get deep down the seams or to the corner and I'm not sure but cook averaged 5.3 after the catch which is really good but I'd bet most of that was on extended plays. Kendricks is gonna be really good on those types of plays too so I'd expect him to average his best yards after the catch in his career

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have to wonder if TT looked back at 2016 and realized just how much better the offense was with a TE like Cook and saw the opportunity to possibly even make it better but also wanted to double down on the position with Kendricks in case of Bennett getting injured?

D

Deleted member 6794

definitely better than Rodgers but I really think Kendricks is gonna have a better season as the #2 te than cook had as the number 1 albeit in 16 games. he's gonna be good after the catch too cuz from watching his highlights he can get deep down the seams or to the corner and I'm not sure but cook averaged 5.3 after the catch which is really good but I'd bet most of that was on extended plays. Kendricks is gonna be really good on those types of plays too so I'd expect him to average his best yards after the catch in his career

With Nelson, Cobb, Adams and Bennett around I don't expect the Packers #2 tight end to put up impressive numbers at all. In addition I believe Rodgers will take away snaps from Kendricks as well.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt that would have been the better pairing. I'm guessing the numbers will demonstrate why that didn't happen.

well see about that I think Kendricks is gonna have a better season than cook did. he's a smarter football player and he's gonna work even better with rodgers. cook honestly isn't that good a lot of what you saw last year was how much of a difference a qb makes. so while I expect cook to have a solid season catching the ball from Carr I'm not sure kendricks/Bennett isn't a better combo because it is a,much more versatile combo. kendricks can line up anywhere including the backfield. basically cook was a one trick pony, run fast in straight line

D

Deleted member 6794

well see about that I think Kendricks is gonna have a better season than cook did. he's a smarter football player and he's gonna work even better with rodgers. cook honestly isn't that good a lot of what you saw last year was how much of a difference a qb makes. so while I expect cook to have a solid season catching the ball from Carr I'm not sure kendricks/Bennett isn't a better combo because it is a,much more versatile combo. kendricks can line up anywhere including the backfield. basically cook was a one trick pony, run fast in straight line

While I expect Bennett and Kendricks to put up better numbers than Cook next season there's no doubt the Packers offense performed on a higher level with him in the lineup in 2016.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Excuse me, while you show this ****, i'm going to go take one... :)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...offs-at-nfls-training-video-for-celebrations/

Just shaking my head at this one, how much time and money was spent by the NFL on this "educational training video on celebrations" ? While I appreciate that they want players to know what celebrations will draw a 15 yard penalty, I think the league should throw at flag and a fine at themselves for over stepping and unnecessary flatulation on something that doesn't need this kind of attention. I am like Martellus Bennett more and more after reading his reaction.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Nelson, Cobb, Adams and Bennett around I don't expect the Packers #2 tight end to put up impressive numbers at all. In addition I believe Rodgers will take away snaps from Kendricks as well.

I think you're underestimating kendricks. Rodgers has no chance of taking snaps from him they aren't the same kind of player and thus will be used in different ways. pretty much since Rodgers can't block his only value is as a big target with great hands in the red zone. so I expect plenty of chances for Bennett and kendricks. Rodgers had 30 for 271 2 td cook was 30 for 377 1 td. Id guess at least 1000 yards and 10 td total between kendricks and Bennett. whatever Rodgers contributes will be minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts