Marshawn lynch

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Reading between the lines.. Ted just locked in another FB and 2 TEs. Ted knows this team majors in passing and minors in running.
He's not gonna force a class in outdated technology. We are taking Progressive classes that prioritize our major which is passing, which goes with protecting the QB101. AP doesn't fit that scheme. Eddie was basically a hybrid FB. We will most likely keep 2 FBs and 2 HBs

Agreed. But I would prefer keeping 1 FB and 3 HB's. We saw what can happen last year when you only have 2 HB's on a roster. Unless TT signs a stud FA RB (slim pickings), I foresee having Monty and a rookie locked into 2 roster spots, I think a 3rd should be a veteran like Blount. Power back, good in the red zone and can pick up the tough yards.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
makes a big difference who qb and who linemen are. how did he run out of shotgun when Favre was there
A few things that makes me think AP would be a good fit.

McCarthy is said to be predictable in his play calling. That even with a qb like Rodgers, teams just seem to be able to tell? Well Peterson is used to running against defenses that also know the run is coming... it doesn't matter with #28.

Play action.... we rarely get the defenses to buy our play action. We need a couple big runs before any team even takes notice it seems. With #28, I think the play action works EVERY time. And that opens up a whole new dimension to the passing game.... what would happen if teams had to respect our run?

3rd. AP may need to be a better pass blocker. But what's just as good as a great block, is a dump off pass that is always there. Favre was the master of the pump fake and dump off pass to the rb, or te.

When that rb gains 10 yds every time you get a pass rush... now a defense has to stop that... respecting the rb will stop the pass rush as much or more than a average rb that is a good pass blocker imo... because respecting the rb opens up the whole field...

Reaction score

McCarthy is said to be predictable in his play calling. That even with a qb like Rodgers, teams just seem to be able to tell? Well Peterson is used to running against defenses that also know the run is coming... it doesn't matter with #28.

Play action.... we rarely get the defenses to buy our play action. We need a couple big runs before any team even takes notice it seems. With #28, I think the play action works EVERY time. And that opens up a whole new dimension to the passing game.... what would happen if teams had to respect our run?

3rd. AP may need to be a better pass blocker. But what's just as good as a great block, is a dump off pass that is always there. Favre was the master of the pump fake and dump off pass to the rb, or te.

When that rb gains 10 yds every time you get a pass rush... now a defense has to stop that... respecting the rb will stop the pass rush as much or more than a average rb that is a good pass blocker imo... because respecting the rb opens up the whole field...
AP is thinking 10+ mil range unless he's given a long contract.
TT is thinking 1mil+ range snd 1yr and would be willing to go 1.1mil for the right guy :tup: Now if AP is available at 1.2mil? This is a realistic possibility. He's a bargain shopper, he shops at Big Lots and the Dollar Tree while AP is hanging out at Saks 5th Avenue and Bloomingdales. Teds middle name is Frugal.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being frugal in this case is best. The only person giving AP 10 million a year is a freaking moron.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AP is thinking 10+ mil range unless he's given a long contract.
TT is thinking 1mil+ range snd 1yr and would be willing to go 1.1mil for the right guy :tup: Now if AP is available at 1.2mil? This is a realistic possibility. He's a bargain shopper, he shops at Big Lots and the Dollar Tree while AP is hanging out at Saks 5th Avenue and Bloomingdales. Teds middle name is Frugal.
AP can't expect 10 a year anymore... maybe HOPEFUL at the beginning of free agency. But every day that goes by, the price drops drastically.
It's going to have to be a pride thing, with a ring for part of the payment:).

One year deal? What are you willing to pay for a sweet bandaid?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

All of your assertions about AP ignore the fact that he is now 32.. and looked terrible last year BEFORE he got hurt.... Why don't we just bring Jim Brown back and see how he can do lmao.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of your assertions about AP ignore the fact that he is now 32.. and looked terrible last year BEFORE he got hurt.... Why don't we just bring Jim Brown back and see how he can do lmao.
Naw........that'll never work. I heard he's making a movie, The Dirty Dozen or something like that........

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What did he do in 2015 BEFORE he got hurt in 2016??
Led the NFL in rushing, wasn't it? And rushing TDs too. First team all pro... LOL!!! Now that's funny.

In 2016 he had 37 rushes... most of which were while he was playing on a tore up meniscus.

So you are going to judge Adrian Peterson because of 37 rushes while injured. And completely disregard that he was the best rb in football just 7 months before that... that's what you are saying?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

how about the fridge?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Led the NFL in rushing, wasn't it? And rushing TDs too. First team all pro... LOL!!! Now that's funny.

In 2016 he had 37 rushes... most of which were while he was playing on a tore up meniscus.

So you are going to judge Adrian Peterson because of 37 rushes while injured. And completely disregard that he was the best rb in football just 7 months before that... that's what you are saying?
yes

D

Deleted member 6794

Peterson led the league in rushing mostly based on volume in 2015. He didn't dominate by any means though ranking only 11th in yards per attempt among running backs with at least 100 carries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, so far, every team in the league seems to feel that way.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson led the league in rushing mostly based on volume in 2015. He didn't dominate by any means though ranking only 11th in yards per attempt among running backs with at least 100 carries.
I'd be interested to see the list of qbs for the 10 guys who had a better you average in 2015...because wasn't it rookie teddy bridge water for Peterson? And our 7th round drop Johnson was their #1 wr wasn't he?

D

Deleted member 6794

I'd be interested to see the list of qbs for the 10 guys who had a better you average in 2015...because wasn't it rookie teddy bridge water for Peterson? And our 7th round drop Johnson was their #1 wr wasn't he?

Thomas Rawls, Ryan Mathews, Charlie Sims, Le'Veon Bell, Doug Martin, Todd Gurley, C.J. Anderson, Giovani Bernard, David Johnson, Mark Ingram and Darren McFadden ranked above Peterson in yards per attempt in 2015. Most of them didn't have great quarterback play that season either.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sea hawks waiting to dump Sherman, only if beast mode comes out of retirement? (And plays for Seattle)

I read somewhere that Seattle would have to drop Lynch because of salary cap. Could it be they would rather have Lynch than Sherman?

D

Deleted member 6794

The sea hawks waiting to dump Sherman, only if beast mode comes out of retirement? (And plays for Seattle)

I read somewhere that Seattle would have to drop Lynch because of salary cap. Could it be they would rather have Lynch than Sherman?

It seems that Lynch would only consider coming out of retirement to play for the Raiders. The Seahawks still own his NFL rights though as they didn't release him but put him on the reserve/retired list. If he's reinstated by the league he would immediately count $9 million against Seattle's cap, possibly forcing them to make a move.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems that Lynch would only consider coming out of retirement to play for the Raiders. The Seahawks still own his NFL rights though as they didn't release him but put him on the reserve/retired list. If he's reinstated by the league he would immediately count $9 million against Seattle's cap, possibly forcing them to make a move.

That's what I'm wondering. Are they shopping Sherman, so they don't have to cut Lynch is he comes out of retirement?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That's what I'm wondering. Are they shopping Sherman, so they don't have to cut Lynch is he comes out of retirement?

Everything I have read only mentions the Raiders (possible New England) for landing spots to get Lynch out of retirement. With the Seahawks signing of Lacy, I doubt they would want him back. The other stumbling block is the $9M contract that Lynch still has on the books with Seattle.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They'll have to cut Lynch because nobody is trading for him and they aren't going to pay him that, not if they're smart. So hear's to hoping they actually keep him and he comes back :)