Marshawn lynch

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seen an article talking about him possibly coming out of retirement.... sea hawks would have to release him due to cap ...

Is he even coming back? If so, is he an option?

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle got our rb. Raiders got Seattle's rb. Minnesota got raiders rb...... I guess we get Peterson?
:)

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we wouldn't part with a 4th rounder yrs ago for him when we had the chance when he was 5 yrs younger u have a better chance of winning the powerball than that happening now... just saying...

Reaction score
Not to dissuade from the topic, but before we spend the money AP probably wants, there are several intriguing prospects at veteran LB we should consider. They also wouldn't affect our compensatory picks and it would leave the door open to get a 1st or 2nd day RB in a deep draft class.
As of Right now, there is no verifiable information that sais Seattle would release him and trading draft picks for him not Teds MO

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

It seems Lynch would only want to play for the Raiders as he grew up in Oakland.

BTW it would be awesome if posters stopped advocating for the Packers to sign Peterson as he's a terrible fit within the offensive scheme.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems Lynch would only want to play for the Raiders as he grew up in Oakland.

BTW it would be awesome if posters stopped advocating for the Packers to sign Peterson as he's a terrible fit within the offensive scheme.

I thought the same at first he only fits on 2st and 2nd down but he's not much of a receiver and he doesn't block. which means he's not playing on passing downs. which would basically means no huddle with him not an option making us too predictable. but he's actually pretty good as a receiver for his career. 241 for 1945 8.1 a catch and he would likely be the better there with the best qb of his career. that just leaves the blocking as an issue so you'd have to be sure that you could get him to block which I think you could. physically I don't see why he can't do it so I think itd be wOrth it at the point you can get him for like 1 year 6 million. if you can I think you get a,player that's gonna be highly motivated to prove to the rest of the league they all made a mistake. I just think the ceiling ofans his signing on a short term deal is so high that it's well worth the risk

D

Deleted member 6794

I thought the same at first he only fits on 2st and 2nd down but he's not much of a receiver and he doesn't block. which means he's not playing on passing downs. which would basically means no huddle with him not an option making us too predictable. but he's actually pretty good as a receiver for his career. 241 for 1945 8.1 a catch and he would likely be the better there with the best qb of his career. that just leaves the blocking as an issue so you'd have to be sure that you could get him to block which I think you could. physically I don't see why he can't do it so I think itd be wOrth it at the point you can get him for like 1 year 6 million. if you can I think you get a,player that's gonna be highly motivated to prove to the rest of the league they all made a mistake. I just think the ceiling ofans his signing on a short term deal is so high that it's well worth the risk

Peterson is best when lined up seven yards behind the quarterback who is under center. First of all the Packers offensive scheme isn't predicated on plays like that at all and in addition teams would be able to blitz more effectively with not having to fear getting burned by AP with #12 in the shotgun.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I would rather take my chances with Monty, a couple of rookies, Crockett and Christian to open camp then give AP the kind of money it sounds like he is seeking. As Captain just pointed out and is all over the internet, AP is not the best fit into the Packer offense, not to even mention his age (32 on Tuesday) and missing most of the last 2 of 3 years with major leg injuries. Sure his career rushing stats look tasty, but I wouldn't be biting.

This guys sum it up pretty good.

http://lombardiave.com/2017/02/22/green-bay-packers-avoid-adrian-peterson/

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson is best when lined up seven yards behind the quarterback who is under center. First of all the Packers offensive scheme isn't predicated on plays like that at all and in addition teams would be able to blitz more effectively with not having to fear getting burned by AP with #12 in the shotgun.

pretty sure peterson would have no problem running those inside zone plays the packers run out of shotgun. idk MM is smart enough to figure out how to use peterson if anything just makes offense more versatile cuz that just another way they can play. I think the only question is whether he can pass block effectively enough to not make the offense predictable when he's in the game

D

Deleted member 6794

pretty sure peterson would have no problem running those inside zone plays the packers run out of shotgun. idk MM is smart enough to figure out how to use peterson if anything just makes offense more versatile cuz that just another way they can play. I think the only question is whether he can pass block effectively enough to not make the offense predictable when he's in the game

According to Football Outsiders Peterson has been one of the worst running backs in the league with the quarterback in the shotgun.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather take my chances with Monty, a couple of rookies, Crockett and Christian to open camp then give AP the kind of money it sounds like he is seeking. As Captain just pointed out and is all over the internet, AP is not the best fit into the Packer offense, not to even mention his age (32 on Tuesday) and missing most of the last 2 of 3 years with major leg injuries. Sure his career rushing stats look tasty, but I wouldn't be biting.

This guys sum it up pretty good.

http://lombardiave.com/2017/02/22/green-bay-packers-avoid-adrian-peterson/

I'd argue that is correct for most of his career but the 2 seasons he played with Favre are the 2 that are most relevant for our discussion as they're offense was a West coast offense at that time. Peterson had his 2 best receiving seasons which is to be expected and could be expected playing with Rodgers having a qb like Rodgers or Favre makes a huge difference. personally I'd rather just draft a running back unlike a lot of people I think Montgomery is gonna be even better. and Michael is still out there while I wouldn't want him to start he's a decent backup who proved he could start if needed. then get joe Mixon, Marlon mack or joe Williams in draft add ripkowski and that's a decent and versatile running back group. also I think you'll see lance kendricks lined up as an h back a decent amount

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Football Outsiders Peterson has been one of the worst running backs in the league with the quarterback in the shotgun.

makes a big difference who qb and who linemen are. how did he run out of shotgun when Favre was there

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'd argue that is correct for most of his career but the 2 seasons he played with Favre are the 2 that are most relevant for our discussion as they're offense was a West coast offense at that time.

You do realize that AP played with Favre in 2009 and 2010? Yes, AP's stats were good for both rushing and receiving, but that was 7-8 seasons/years and 2 legs injuries ago. I understand how people get all excited about a guy like AP playing in GB, when they start inserting his "top of his game" stats, but I don't see him as being at the top of his game anymore, nor do I see the need to start adjusting the Packer offense, which was just fine last year, to fit the needs of a 32 year old RB.

AP could possibly still put up some impressive rushing numbers, if he stays healthy and with the right team. The guy is one of the greatest backs of all time, I just don't think he is a good fit in the Packer offense.

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have any information about it.

yeah I can't find any either. only thing I found was that peterson says he's very willing to improve in that area. but we'd be better off drafting a player relatively high 2nd/3rd/4th

D

Deleted member 6794

yeah I can't find any either. only thing I found was that peterson says he's very willing to improve in that area.

Peterson might want to improve in that area but I highly doubt a 32 year old running back is capable of making a significant leap.

Reaction score
You do realize that AP played with Favre in 2009 and 2010? Yes, AP's stats were good for both rushing and receiving, but that was 7-8 seasons/years and 2 legs injuries ago. I understand how people get all excited about a guy like AP playing in GB, when they start inserting his "top of his game" stats, but I don't see him as being at the top of his game anymore, nor do I see the need to start adjusting the Packer offense, which was just fine last year, to fit the needs of a 32 year old RB.
Reading between the lines.. Ted just locked in another FB and 2 TEs. Ted knows this team majors in passing and minors in running.
He's not gonna force a class in outdated technology. We are taking Progressive classes that prioritize our major which is passing, which goes with protecting the QB101. AP doesn't fit that scheme. Eddie was basically a hybrid FB. We will most likely keep 2 FBs and 2 HBs

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts