Malcolm Butler

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Carr just signed with the Ravens, Claiborne is believed to be headed to the Jets.
Don't worry, TT will fix it all in the draft.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes I think Belicheck is a genius, other times he is just lucky that there is a GM this stupid to trade for Butler.

My prediction, by next year, trading a 1st for Butler is considered the dumbest offseason move of this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

I believe Marcus Peters led the league in yards allowed as a rookie.

FWIW Peters allowed the second most passing yards in the league during his rookie ssason.

Or trade up into the Top 15 of this year's draft.

That doesn't guarantee getting a cornerback having an immediate impact either.

At the beginning of the season they had Butler match up against Antonio Brown in the first half of the game. Antonio Brown went 9/9 with 97 yards up against Butler, then they bracketed him in a zone with Logan Ryan and Chung/McCourtey. That is the only #1 receiver that is actually good that Butler matched up against. He was up against Gabriel in the Super Bowl, he broke his ankles and went for 97 yards (a #3 WR). He was up against Eli Rodgers in the AFC Championship and he broke 80 yards. This season the Patriots only played three good QBs (Rothlesburger, Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson). Only two of those teams have an amazing receiver for the package.

I have no idea where you've got that information from but Butler played pretty well against Brown during the regular season meeting. While he allowed a 51-yard completion to the Steelers receiver he defended three passes as well as intercepting another one while matched up against one of the league's top WRs.

In addition neither Brown even had nine receptions in that game nor did Gabriel or Rodgers had as many receiving yards in the contest against the Patriots as you mentioned.

Way to go making things up to downgrade a player several posters are interested in the Packers making a move for.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK so name 5 out of the gate rookie CBs that didn't have growing pains from the past 12 years. I understand the need for veteran CB but that don't look to be happening.
It's not happening because TT is a stubborn idiot when it comes to free agency. I don't mean he should bankrupt the Packers but at least give us one good established CB that is still in their 20's.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
defiantly not for a 1st round pick or a 2nd. on top of that he wants a 10 million per extension which defiantly wouldn't think would be a smart idea. There's a reason Patriots gave money to Gilmore and not Butler. I'd prefer to hope that a good corner falls to packers in round 1 Lattimore or Humphrey or in round 2 awuzie or conley if we get one of those 4 and maybe a Shaq Griffin in the 5th we should be in ok shape at db

D

Deleted member 6794

I'd prefer to hope that a good corner falls to packers in round 1 Lattimore or Humphrey or in round 2 awuzie or conley if we get one of those 4 and maybe a Shaq Griffin in the 5th we should be in ok shape at db

The Packers should have aggressively addressed the cornerback position this offseason instead of hoping that a specific cornerback who might develop into a decent starter is still on the board at #29.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I want to know why some people are convinced that the Packers CB issues will be solved with the #29 pick? What player will be there at #29 that will come in opening day and be a #1 CB?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW Peters allowed the second most passing yards in the league during his rookie ssason.

That doesn't guarantee getting a cornerback having an immediate impact either.

I have no idea where you've got that information from but Butler played pretty well against Brown during the regular season meeting. While he allowed a 51-yard completion to the Steelers receiver he defended three passes as well as intercepting another one while matched up against one of the league's top WRs.

In addition neither Brown even had nine receptions in that game nor did Gabriel or Rodgers had as many receiving yards in the contest against the Patriots as you mentioned.

Way to go making things up to downgrade a player several posters are interested in the Packers making a move for.

I'm also perplexed on all the knocking of Brown. Got to see a good deal of him last season and was impressed. Usually mirrored his man as if he knew the route, great technique.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you meant the other "B" player Brown was usually running away from his guy :)

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you meant the other "B" player Brown was usually running away from his guy :)

Unbelievable! Until I just read your post now, I was completely unaware I'd typed Brown instead of Butler. I need a vacation.

Members online