1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Making the Jump

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ThxJackVainisi, May 29, 2014.

1. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,663
    Right now there are three other TEs on the roster more talented than Bostick and not having been able to practice during the offseason hasn´t helped his cause. I´m worried about Franklin´s neck injury, Banjo and Mulumba will have a hard time even making the 53.

I agree about the receivers, there are a maximum of two roster spots available at the position, and normally the fifth and sixth guy on the depth chart don´t play a ton of snaps.

2. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,187
    Tyler Dunne had a blog entry yesterday titled, “Who will make the second year jump for Packers?” He calls Datone “the obvious first candidate”. Chris Harper is next. Dunne writes he’s off to a good start, he's big enough to box out CBs and has had a lot of catches during 11 on 11 periods. McCarthy calls him, a “very talented, powerful, young player.” Tretter is next and then Barrington. Here’s the link: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/packers.html

3. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,663
    Read that article as well. Tretter is the obvious choice as the starting center job will be his to lose, Datone has to live up to being a first round pick. I would be excited if Barrington could make a jump and grab a starting spot at ILB.

4. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Yeah... Which is why I put them in the "hope to do well" list. I don't think half of them will make the roster, but they have shown some upside in the previous season.