Madden NFL 11 Rates the Packers (Individual Player Ratings)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitton at 78????? With 79 of pass blocking? He allowed just 18 pressures last year. Jahri Evans, arguably the best guard in football, allowed 20.

They just don't know football...

Madden misses EVERY SINGLE time. They just have some slight idea about the big-name players. The rest, they just guess based on overall perception...

Another thing. Rodgers has a 93 in short accuracy, and an 86 in long accuracy. I'm sorry, but Rodgers is actually more accurate in the long passes, he kinda struggles with the short passes, because he throws them too hard.

And where the hell is Pat Lee???????

Madden fails yet again...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple of notes:

• Like PackersRS said, Sitton at 78 is a complete joke. The guy was arguably our best lineman this past season. Just because you don't hear his name a lot doesn't mean he shouldn't be rated as highly.
  • How in the world is Quarless rated higher than Havner?
  • Where is CJ Wilson??? Did we forget to draft him?
  • Nick Collins at 89 speed again? The guy ran a 4.4 to sub 4.35 back in his pro day. ALSO I happen to remember him chase down "parvinder" when the Vikes came to Lambeau.
  • Kudos to Madden to add in a riduclously yet super important rating that we've been dying to see.... SWAGGER.

Off topic sorry, but I got NCAA Football 11 for the first time, and oh my god, it's awesome! The dynasty mode is so good!

:)

I was just about to post the same thing! Save your money and get NCAA instead! It's the shiznittt!!

OurWarNow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a new guy to the forum, but more importantly, a Madden and Packer fanatic. That being said...they always butcher the ratings. Although I doubt the swagger rating is important, the fact that Brad Jones has 75 and Nick Barnett has 74 proves that they don't watch Packer football. Samurai chop anyone??

As far as the overall ratings:

Finley is severely underrated. Matthews is severely underrated. 86 on both of them? For real? It may not seem like much of a disparity, but 88-92 seems a lot more reasonable for two people as explosive and productive as them.
Clifton and Tauscher, 84 and 83 respectively, are they cracked?! Their additions saved not only Aaron Rodgers from being shipped off the field in an ambulance, but also our season.
I agree with a previous poster or two about Sitton and Havner...Havner's rating of 62 hurts every portion of my brain. Maybe worst of all, despite some questionable pass coverage, AJ Hawk at 79? 83-85 would make a lot more sense. In fact, for the number 2 ranked defense, they sure jilted us across the board defensively.

That being said...Woodson finally gets his props (97), Ryan Grant is a solid starter ( 88 ), and our receiving duo in Jennings/DD (90, 89) didn't get shafted. Last but not least, Aaron Rodgers' rating is very respectable (94) and he's rated higher than Favre (92). :D

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to add a little fuel to the fire ... I had a few minutes last night so I created a little database with the data from the game. First off, only 26 teams are included in the data posted on ESPN.

- Finley was ranked as the 9th best TE of those 26 teams
- Sitton was ranked as the 19th best offensive RG of those 26 teams (joke)
- Barnett and Hawk are ranked 12th and 28th for MLB

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And where the hell is Pat Lee???????

Madden fails yet again...

I wondered the same thing last year. Madden is no more than a game of popularity and who got their name called on most for big plays. The game sucks when it comes to ratings.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple of notes:

• Like PackersRS said, Sitton at 78 is a complete joke. The guy was arguably our best lineman this past season. Just because you don't hear his name a lot doesn't mean he shouldn't be rated as highly.
  • How in the world is Quarless rated higher than Havner?
  • Where is CJ Wilson??? Did we forget to draft him?
  • Nick Collins at 89 speed again? The guy ran a 4.4 to sub 4.35 back in his pro day. ALSO I happen to remember him chase down "parvinder" when the Vikes came to Lambeau.
  • Kudos to Madden to add in a riduclously yet super important rating that we've been dying to see.... SWAGGER.

I was just about to post the same thing! Save your money and get NCAA instead! It's the shiznittt!!

The best O linemen are the ones who's names are never called in a game!!! ;-)

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NCAA Football is always better than Madden.

I really wish that Sega would start doing football games again. 2k5 hands down the best NFL game to play.

Wolvi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ratings

Also look at Masthay with an overall of 49! Now look at one of our best punters we ever had: Jon Ryan now with the Seahawks...80!! Now i am biased since he is from my city here in Regina, Canada. I could not believe they dumped him right before the season started and he was averaging first or second in the league that preseason...

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Crosby 71? Are they mad??????

crosby should be a 28, he is the worst starter on the roster.....

Looks like Aj and Brad Jones got no love, Jordy nelson should be better as well, I also think our D-Line should be overall rated better. Packers have been getting hated on by madden for a few years now though.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grants acceleration worries me. it makes him useless in the passing game.

BTW Im getting madden the 28th so Ill let everyone know how it is.

OurWarNow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah...I read somewhere that Grant has the lowest speed for a starting HB in the game. That's absolutely terrible. Is he really slower than every other starter in real life? It doesn't seem that way to me, especially with certain teams having tank runners (like Mendenhall from Pittsburgh), but it'd be interesting to see the real life 40 times in comparison. Hopefully I can find such a list. If I get ambitious, I'll do the research myself. :victory:

I pre-ordered the new Madden a couple of months ago myself, despite how they always mess something up, I just can't help myself. I'm a football gaming addict...and that new backbreaker (or whatever it is called ) isn't to my taste at all. I wish they'd cut their licensing deal though, that would allow other companies to give us something fresh, and 2k5 was amazing!

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't their licensing deal almost up?

Anyways I know that they have the standard official EA Madden roster updates, but don't people update and create their own that are typically more realistic of what is actually happening during the season? And if so where can I get them haha

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whats the deal with james Jones's rating... a 73 come on he was sooo much better than that last year give that man an 80 at least!!!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah...I read somewhere that Grant has the lowest speed for a starting HB in the game. That's absolutely terrible. Is he really slower than every other starter in real life? It doesn't seem that way to me, especially with certain teams having tank runners (like Mendenhall from Pittsburgh), but it'd be interesting to see the real life 40 times in comparison. Hopefully I can find such a list. If I get ambitious, I'll do the research myself. :victory:

I pre-ordered the new Madden a couple of months ago myself, despite how they always mess something up, I just can't help myself. I'm a football gaming addict...and that new backbreaker (or whatever it is called ) isn't to my taste at all. I wish they'd cut their licensing deal though, that would allow other companies to give us something fresh, and 2k5 was amazing!

If Grant is so slow how did he end up with rated #7 in the league last year as far as yards on a team that is so pass happy?

Members online

Latest posts