Looks like Janis is already seperating himself from the pack

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
6'4" and 10 1/4 inch hands for me. I always thought I had decent sized meat hooks, but some of the bigger NFL wr's have hands in the 11 - 12 inch range...... you can bet that you aint gunna grab the last biscuit at the dinner table competeing with those monster grabbers.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way you measured your hands properly, it's from tip of thumb to tip of pinky, not from the base of your hand to the tip of your middle finger. 9" hands are on the smaller side (less than average I would say), even for an average human being. Not to say he cannot catch because of his hands, it is just harder compared to those with larger hands.

If you want to see some freakish hands look up Giannis Antetokoumpo's hands.
What position does he play?:D

D

Deleted member 6794

White and Dorsey both dropped very catchable balls the other night, so I think they took a step back while Janis clearly took a step forward. If Janis drops some in the next game and White and Dorsey make big plays, they might jump ahead of him. But I think White is what he is. This is his second camp. Anyway, see ya... off to work.:coffee:

Can´t remember Dorsey having a drop vs. the Rams as he was only targeted once and came up with an 18-yard reception. And while White has had some troubles with drops during camp (mostly on punt returns though) he is the only one with NFL experience battling for a roster spot and actually had an impact in the two games he played more than 10 snaps in last season.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, I lit a fire with that hand size post, huh?!?! :) I was indeed mis-measuring my hands and I guess JJ and I have about the same size hands. While I will agree that his hands may be a tad undersized I don't think he will be auditioning for the next Burger King small hands, big burger commercial (
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
) Here are a few things that separate JJ from me as well as quite a few of his fellow combine participants: 6'3" 219lbs with 4.42 speed (6th fastest WR), 37.5" vertical (12th), 6.64" 3 cone (3rd), 20 reps on the 225 lb bench press (T-4th). These are the numbers that caught my eye as soon as the selection was made in the 7th round. As we have discussed ad nauseam these are just numbers but they do provide a glimpse at just how physically gifted this young man is and that is something you simply can't teach. Route running, professionalism and the like CAN be worked on and from all accounts I've read Jeff is a hungry student of the game so I feel confident he will work diligently to improve these more mental aspects of the game. I think/hope this whole thread can be summed up like this: We have a special athlete who played at a smaller school and is a freak of an athlete. Whether you are in my camp and rooting hard core for him or a touch skeptical we should all be of this one same mindset and that is hopeful. This young man has game-changing skills and seems to be a decent citizen off the field as well. I may be guilty of over-hyping V12 but I just can't help myself. When I see a humble, uber talented youngster I can't help but get giddy thinking of the wonderful things he can possibly do for our beloved squad. I would like to see the infighting stop and regardless of which side of the fence you are on just support this young man just as you would any other Packer. He may be the next great one, he may be the next mediocre guy who flames out or he may end up being a complete bag of tools. Bottom line is Jeff can help this team win and I am thankful that we at least have a freak like JJ to "stir the drink" on this message board! If this guy was truly a "camp body" or some guy with marginal skills the debate on him would be far less passionate. When you have a guy like this polarizing view points are the norm and I think this point cannot be denied. Either way let's band together and get ready for a Super Bowl season ladies and gents!!!

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's your freakishly big hands:

Rando doesn't hold a candle to Giannis, trust me.

D

Deleted member 6794

Janis got a snap with Rodgers during today's practice and didn't take the route vertical enough after a miscommunication with the QB. Needless to say #12 was not thrilled.

That was only one play as well so I won't overreact to it either but Janis doesn't know the playbook as well as White or Dorsey and running the wrong route will get him in Rodgers doghouse.

BTW a few plays later White toasted Hayward for a 30+ yard reception.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, I lit a fire with that hand size post, huh?!?! :) I was indeed mis-measuring my hands and I guess JJ and I have about the same size hands. While I will agree that his hands may be a tad undersized I don't think he will be auditioning for the next Burger King small hands, big burger commercial (
) Here are a few things that separate JJ from me as well as quite a few of his fellow combine participants: 6'3" 219lbs with 4.42 speed (6th fastest WR), 37.5" vertical (12th), 6.64" 3 cone (3rd), 20 reps on the 225 lb bench press (T-4th). These are the numbers that caught my eye as soon as the selection was made in the 7th round. As we have discussed ad nauseam these are just numbers but they do provide a glimpse at just how physically gifted this young man is and that is something you simply can't teach. Route running, professionalism and the like CAN be worked on and from all accounts I've read Jeff is a hungry student of the game so I feel confident he will work diligently to improve these more mental aspects of the game. I think/hope this whole thread can be summed up like this: We have a special athlete who played at a smaller school and is a freak of an athlete. Whether you are in my camp and rooting hard core for him or a touch skeptical we should all be of this one same mindset and that is hopeful. This young man has game-changing skills and seems to be a decent citizen off the field as well. I may be guilty of over-hyping V12 but I just can't help myself. When I see a humble, uber talented youngster I can't help but get giddy thinking of the wonderful things he can possibly do for our beloved squad. I would like to see the infighting stop and regardless of which side of the fence you are on just support this young man just as you would any other Packer. He may be the next great one, he may be the next mediocre guy who flames out or he may end up being a complete bag of tools. Bottom line is Jeff can help this team win and I am thankful that we at least have a freak like JJ to "stir the drink" on this message board! If this guy was truly a "camp body" or some guy with marginal skills the debate on him would be far less passionate. When you have a guy like this polarizing view points are the norm and I think this point cannot be denied. Either way let's band together and get ready for a Super Bowl season ladies and gents!!![/QUOTE

I have him making it and contributing on ST a lot.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wimm you still think Janis will get cut? There is no way, he will be number 5 on the depth chart they still may keep 6 but with JA out for season 5 could be the number. Dorsey is PS eligible so I'm thinking thats where he ends up as injury insurance. So it seems its up to either White or Harper to make their case that the Packers should keep one of them as the number 6. As neither of them are PS eligible. Though since Dorsey is the best on special teams the coaches may push to keep him as the number 6 and cut both White and Harper. I prefer keeping Harper as the 6 and stashing Dorsey on the PS because you can always promote Dorsey in case of injury. i just don't think white is that good he seems to be limited to the slot and while he is the second fastest WR on the roster behind Janis he just didn't do much of anything with his opportunity last season and he doesn't contribute on special teams.

Last edited:

Green and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope Janis makes the 53. He has the quick slot potential, and could be a solid kick and punt returner, not to mention solid hands. Lots of potential here. Dorsey and White haven't really impressed, and I'm not sure either had the ceiling that Janis does.

Just like Charles Johnson last year, no way this guy stays on the practice squad.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope Janis makes the 53. He has the quick slot potential, and could be a solid kick and punt returner, not to mention solid hands. Lots of potential here. Dorsey and White haven't really impressed, and I'm not sure either had the ceiling that Janis does.

Just like Charles Johnson last year, no way this guy stays on the practice squad.

No hoping required...best shot of the bunch.

Saw a blip on NFL Network that PS might go to 10 players also.

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Janis got a snap with Rodgers during today's practice and didn't take the route vertical enough after a miscommunication with the QB. Needless to say #12 was not thrilled.

That tells me that Rodgers has high expectations for him. If he was a guy who has no business on an NFL roster, as you claim, Rodgers likely wouldn't have bothered. BTW, he does that during the season too, so you're really grasping at straws here.

That was only one play as well so I won't overreact to it either but Janis doesn't know the playbook as well as White or Dorsey

YA THINK? Let's see... White and Dorsey have had the playbook for 15 months. Janis has had it for 3 months. I sure as hell hope they know the playbook better than Janis!

and running the wrong route will get him in Rodgers doghouse.

You hope, anyway.

BTW a few plays later White toasted Hayward for a 30+ yard reception.

That's great! He's following after Janis's example then. Perhaps he'll make a strong case to keep 6 WRs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Wimm you still think Janis will get cut? There is no way, he will be number 5 on the depth chart they still may keep 6 but with JA out for season 5 could be the number. Dorsey is PS eligible so I'm thinking thats where he ends up as injury insurance. So it seems its up to either White or Harper to make their case that the Packers should keep one of them as the number 6. As neither of them are PS eligible. Though since Dorsey is the best on special teams the coaches may push to keep him as the number 6 and cut both White and Harper. I prefer keeping Harper as the 6 and stashing Dorsey on the PS because you can always promote Dorsey in case of injury. i just don't think white is that good he seems to be limited to the slot and while he is the second fastest WR on the roster behind Janis he just didn't do much of anything with his opportunity last season and he doesn't contribute on special teams.

Maybe you should go back and read the entire thread one more time. I´ve never said that Janis won´t make the team, I´m just not that excited about catches in practice and a TD reception in a preseason game on a play a third string safety made a terrible mistake.

All of Dorsey, Harper and White are practice squad eligible so that won´t be part of the decision. I don´t think Harper has a chance to make the team, still think Dorsey and White are battling with Janis for two roster spots.

D

Deleted member 6794

That tells me that Rodgers has high expectations for him. If he was a guy who has no business on an NFL roster, as you claim, Rodgers likely wouldn't have bothered. BTW, he does that during the season too, so you're really grasping at straws here.

Once again, read the thread one more time, I´ve never said Janis doesn´t belong on an NFL roster, just that it´s not a given he will make the team because of some catches in practice.

YA THINK? Let's see... White and Dorsey have had the playbook for 15 months. Janis has had it for 3 months. I sure as hell hope they know the playbook better than Janis!

And that will factor in who will make the final roster. Let´s take a look what Rodgers had to say during camp what he demands of a young receiver:

"It's really all about one thing," Rodgers said, "It's about mental preparation. The physical mistakes are going to happen. There's going to drops at times. There's going to be (times when) we're not on the same page every single time. If you cannot line up right. If you can't get the checks. If you can't do what you're supposed to do every time, then there's no way you can possibly be on the field when I'm out there.

If Janis continues to have troubles running the right routes there is no way Rodgers will trust him. That´s where Dorsey and White have an advantage over him.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think you are really overblowing Janis's issues with the routes. Has he made a mistake or two? Sure. Those other guys haven't been perfect, though, either. They've had their mental lapses and Janis has more of an excuse. Janis will be able to learn the playbook throughout the year, but those other guys won't gain the physical capabilities throughout the season that Janis has.

And I think you´re overblowing one or two receptions Janis has made. He will have to learn the playbook and his routes for Rodgers to ever trust him or otherwise he won´t see the field in Green Bay.

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I think you´re overblowing one or two receptions Janis has made. He will have to learn the playbook and his routes for Rodgers to ever trust him or otherwise he won´t see the field in Green Bay.

You think Dorsey and White don't blow assignments? Seriously? And you think them having better knowledge of the playbook gives them the edge on a roster spot, despite their lackadaisical efforts thus far? Guess what. They know it better than Adams too. I guess they have an edge on him too.

D

Deleted member 6794

You think Dorsey and White don't blow assignments? Seriously? And you think them having better knowledge of the playbook gives them the edge on a roster spot, despite their lackadaisical efforts thus far? Guess what. They know it better than Adams too. I guess they have an edge on him too.

Adams is a far more polished route runner than Janis and a lock to make the team.

D

Deleted member 6794

I didn't even mention receptions. How about looking at how Janis practiced with the 1's today. How about looking at practices in general. How about looking at college production (in his last 3 years, Janis had 4175 receiving yards and 45 TD's). How about looking at his combine numbers, with a 4.37 40, 20 reps on the bench, 6.64 on the 3-cone, 6'3" height, 219 lbs. These are incredible numbers.

As far as I read Janis got a single snap with Rodgers during yesterday´s practice and ran the wrong route on the play. As I posted above Rodgers won´t ever look his way if he´s not able to clean that up.

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't even mention receptions. How about looking at how Janis practiced with the 1's today. How about looking at practices in general. How about looking at college production (in his last 3 years, Janis had 4175 receiving yards and 45 TD's). How about looking at his combine numbers, with a 4.37 40, 20 reps on the bench, 6.64 on the 3-cone, 6'3" height, 219 lbs. These are incredible numbers.

None of those things factor into the equation for him. To him, the only thing that matters is that he went to a D-II school and therefore cannot be good enough to make the roster.

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as I read Janis got a single snap with Rodgers during yesterday´s practice and ran the wrong route on the play. As I posted above Rodgers won´t ever look his way if he´s not able to clean that up.

So now you speak for Aaron Rodgers? Yes, I'm sure AR will never throw to him again. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 6794

So now you speak for Aaron Rodgers? Yes, I'm sure AR will never throw to him again. :rolleyes:

Dude, take another look at post #169. That´s what Aaron told the Journal Sentinel about what he´s looking for in a young receiver.

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, take another look at post #169. That´s what Aaron told the Journal Sentinel about what he´s looking for in a young receiver.

He said that on August 1. Obviously I was referring to the fact that you have no clue what Rodgers said to Janis YESTERDAY.

Members online

Latest posts