Looks like Janis is already seperating himself from the pack

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not how practices work. You might have only heard of him getting 1 snap with the 1's, but Janis has had many snaps with the 1's. And all of what I said and that is your only retort is based off something you heard about 1 snap in 1 practice? That's because the other stuff is pretty impressive, isn't it? I think you fail to recognize that it's impressive that Janis even earned an opportunity with the 1's, especially since he missed a good portion of the offseason with Shingles. Janis has moved up and fast.
He discounts everything good that Janis has done in the last 2 weeks because he just yearns to say, "See, I told you he sucked!" when the roster is finalized. Fortunately, his dismissiveness plays no role in what happens.

D

Deleted member 6794

He said that on August 1. Obviously I was referring to the fact that you have no clue what Rodgers said to Janis YESTERDAY.

And you think he has changed his mind about what he said on August 1st because he has developed a similar man crush on the guy like you have???

According to reports he was not happy about Janis running the wrong route, so I don´t know exactly what he said to him afterwards.

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you think he has changed his mind about what he said on August 1st because he has developed a similar man crush on the guy like you have???

No, I think you're making a mountain of a molehill.

According to reports he was not happy about Janis running the wrong route,

So what? It's PRACTICE, MAN. We talkin' bout PRACTICE!

I guarantee you if Janis gets a chance to play with AR in the next two games and Rodgers finds him open, he'll throw him the ball... just like every other WR he has criticized in the past. But you keep hoping your boy White *yawn* beats him out.

D

Deleted member 6794

So what? It's PRACTICE, MAN. We talkin' bout PRACTICE!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

You gotta be kidding, don´t you??? You started this whole thread after a catch Janis had in practice, but if he´s running the wrong route you don´t care cause it´s only practice. Talking about double standards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
During Cobbs rookie year, he ran the wrong route during a game, and Arod hit him for a TD...... yes the young guys make mistakes, heck we all do, we are all human..... does not mean that Arod wont throw the ball to him. If he is open, he will get the ball.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I equate this thread to the fights you see in TC. We are tired of banging heads against each other every day and ready for some game action. Is there any way we can bus some vikings or bears trolls in so we can verbally scrimmage with them?! :) As I mentioned yesterday I am just hoping for the best and if his skill-set can translate over to real games I see nothing but positives coming from it. I can understand ones (WIMM in particular) hesitation to go all in on a guy as each of us has a right to think/feel how we choose. The same argument could be made for folks like me, GPG and the like. It is simply a matter of perspective and individual choice. As a former debater I love a good back and forth but also try and avoid getting issues mixed up with personal attacks and such. When this thread started I never in a million years thought it would end up with 8 and counting pages but to me that just highlights 2 things. One, us Packer fans are crazy passionate and there is nothing wrong with that! Two, Janis stirs passion be it for, against or undecided. You can't tell me that if you replaced JJ's name with White or Dorsey in the title we would've even got to page 2. His skills are worth 8 pages of debate and I just hope 12 years from now we are having a equally long thread debating his place in the ranks of the all-time Packer WR greats!!! A man can dream...

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly isn't, looks more like Julio Jones to me.
For grins and giggle here is a side by said by side comparison of the combine efforts for Julio, V12 and this years top WR pick Sammy Watkins. I am simply trying to highlight just how physically special this kid is by comparing him with one guy who went 4th this year and 6th overall in '11. THIS is why myself and so many others are proudly displaying our "man-crush" on young Jeffrey. THIS is what gives me hope that we may have stole one of the freakiest dudes to come out in a while. I think the numbers speak for themselves but you be the judges...

40 Yd. Dash: Julio Jones 4.39 Sammy Watkins 4.43 Jeff Janis 4.42 *Jeff was 2/3*
225 lb. Bench: Julio 17" Sammy 16" Jeff 20" *Jeff was 1/3*
Vertical: Julio 38.5" Sammy 34" Jeff 37.5" *Jeff was 2/3*
Broad Jump: Julio 135" (crazy!) Sammy 126" Jeff 123" *Jeff was 3/3*
3 Cone Drill: Julio 6.66 sec Sammy 6.95 sec Jeff 6.64 sec *Jeff was 1/3*
20 Yd. Shuffle: Julio 4.25 sec Sammy 4.34 sec Jeff 3.98 sec (crazy!) *Jeff was 1/3 and it wasn't close*

Again, these numbers don't tell the entirety of the story but gives us a look at the raw athleticism we are dealing with in V12. The 2 dudes I compared him with were top 6 picks in separate drafts. Top 6. If these numbers don't excite you at least a little you need to check your pulse! Most of the stuff above can't be taught. As I stated yesterday the stuff he needs to work on CAN be taught and having another freak throwing him the rock can only help and expedite this process. The more I watch that TD the more I am amazed. That DB had a nice angle on him and about 9 yards to boot. Dude didn't come close to sniffing Jeff and he still had plenty of room on the sideline to move if needed. While this was only one play it sure was one helluva play!!! Smile and enjoy the fact that we are getting first dibs on this kid...

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
At this point I do think Janis probably makes the team because he won't get to the PS. The rest of the WRs may be in a competition to convince them to keep 6 WRs. Silverstein reports today that Rodgers was unhappy again with a route Janis ran, but that can be taught and if the pre draft analysis I quoted was correct, Janis will work hard to get it done. A WR who is as big as Janis and who can stretch the field is rare - and the "stretching the field" aspect is needed in Green Bay. If he makes the team as I expect, we may not see a lot of him from scrimmage this season but as he learns the playbook and the nuances of NFL routes...

Pack-12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can´t remember Dorsey having a drop vs. the Rams as he was only targeted once and came up with an 18-yard reception. And while White has had some troubles with drops during camp (mostly on punt returns though) he is the only one with NFL experience battling for a roster spot and actually had an impact in the two games he played more than 10 snaps in last season.

Dorsey dropped the crap out of a good pass from Tolzien down the right sideline. It doesn't show up as a target in the box score because GB accepted a defensive holding penalty on the play.

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

You gotta be kidding, don´t you??? You started this whole thread after a catch Janis had in practice, but if he´s running the wrong route you don´t care cause it´s only practice. Talking about double standards.

It's called SARCASM genius. It was in clear reference to the post earlier in this thread where someone posted the same thing. I guess I'll dumb it down. What I was getting at is that NONE of the excellent practices Janis has had mean anything to you, but one bit of criticism from Rodgers suddenly means he's a lousy player.

H

HardRightEdge

At this point I do think Janis probably makes the team because he won't get to the PS. The rest of the WRs may be in a competition to convince them to keep 6 WRs. Silverstein reports today that Rodgers was unhappy again with a route Janis ran, but that can be taught and if the pre draft analysis I quoted was correct, Janis will work hard to get it done. A WR who is as big as Janis and who can stretch the field is rare - and the "stretching the field" aspect is needed in Green Bay. If he makes the team as I expect, we may not see a lot of him from scrimmage this season but as he learns the playbook and the nuances of NFL routes...
Rodgers also expressed displeasure with a Janis route yesterday.

I was surprised to read the first guys up in yesterday's punt return drills were Cobb, Hyde and Williams. One would think if Janis was penciled in for a WR spot he'd be getting front line work especially since he looked good doing it against STL.

I believe the competition for #5 and #6 (if there is a #6) is unresolved at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how in the GIF you see the DB taking his angle, adjusting it, then adjusting it some more, and then Janis is by him and it's not even close. lol
The thing I noticed was how effortless he made it look, as if he still had another gear if he needed it. In high school, my brother was taught as a RB to only run as fast as necessary to get around the edge because it will make the secondary take the wrong angle and then you can blow past them. Looks like that's exactly what he did.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The thing I noticed was how effortless he made it look, as if he still had another gear if he needed it. In high school, my brother was taught as a RB to only run as fast as necessary to get around the edge because it will make the secondary take the wrong angle and then you can blow past them. Looks like that's exactly what he did.
He sure covered the first 12 yards quickly. I'm ready to see some more of that Friday night. I hope he gets at least 1 series with Rodgers in Oakland.

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was surprised to read the first guys up in yesterday's punt return drills were Cobb, Hyde and Williams..

I just read that Janis was also among that group doing punt returns. Not sure the order matters much.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are the chances the 4 WR ers ahead of Janis stay healthy for all 16 games? Pretty slim. Janis will likely see action this year!

D

Deleted member 6794

It's called SARCASM genius. It was in clear reference to the post earlier in this thread where someone posted the same thing. I guess I'll dumb it down. What I was getting at is that NONE of the excellent practices Janis has had mean anything to you, but one bit of criticism from Rodgers suddenly means he's a lousy player.

Once again you´re overreacting to something happening in practice or being said in this thread. I´ve never said Janis will be a lousy player or even mentioned he won´t make the team, but if he continues to run the wrong routes (as he did for a second consecutive day) he won´t earn Rodgers trust and won´t see the field.

I understand you will see that as another insult on Janis from me, but I´m not overreacting on him catching the ball in practice (which you seem to do all the time) nor if he runs the wrong route (which, surprisingly doesn´t mean anything to you). But if you like it or not, if he doesn´t clean that up Rodgers won´t trust him.

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But if you like it or not, if he doesn´t clean that up Rodgers won´t trust him.
Do you have any credible reason to believe that he won't? As has been said many times before, Rodgers has done this at some point with every WR he has play with, including Driver. ALL rookies make mistakes.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, all rookies do make mistakes. It's why I like to see their game time exposure limited their first year. I feel the same way about Dix and Adams. I inherently trust Hyde and Boykin much more to be consistently better players throughout the game.

H

HardRightEdge

I just read that Janis was also among that group doing punt returns. Not sure the order matters much.
I guess you just can't believe these beat writer blogs. The one I read said Janis was with the scout team when that group was doing work.

Members online

Latest posts